Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282798 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6750 on: February 18, 2016, 10:14:39 am »

One thing I noticed is that most of you guys don't seem to even do lineart before you paint.

Is this a normal thing?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: February 18, 2016, 10:15:43 am »

I don't do lineart before I paint.
But I don't paint either.
I don't really art.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: February 18, 2016, 10:17:18 am »

Do you stare really hard at clusters of pixels until they rearrange themselves into FEF mugs, then?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: February 18, 2016, 10:27:29 am »

Do you stare really hard at clusters of pixels until they rearrange themselves into FEF mugs, then?
That's pretty much how it goes.

But since I only really make splices, with very few original pieces, I'm more rearranging and adjusting, so there's not much call for lineart or anything. Things are already drawn for the most part.

When I do make unique assets, I do tend to just draw them, and poke at them until they look acceptable or I give up.

In my rare actual drawings
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I just tend to draw it without much preparation. Probably why I'm not a good artist.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: February 18, 2016, 10:28:01 am »

Lineart/No lineart depends on what I'm going for, but usually there will be atleast a rough sketch that I paint over, simply to have a general idea of what goes where. For the most part it gets turned off shortly after most of the values/colours are in since it tends to fuck with the image if you leave it on for too long and realise later on that if you turn off the lineart a chunck of what looked really nice will now be missing.

In any case, good stuff to start learning drawing is any of Andrew Loomis books (fun with pencil is great for starting out), they're all free and found around the web in pdf format. As for videos, CTRL+Paint has a bunch covering different topics
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6755 on: February 18, 2016, 11:26:59 am »

Given you lot are all admirable artsy people, are there any tutorial video series you'd recommend for an absolute beginner? I mean, 'I can barely make stick men' beginner.
If you want, I can try and teach you.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: February 18, 2016, 11:42:28 am »

Given you lot are all admirable artsy people, are there any tutorial video series you'd recommend for an absolute beginner? I mean, 'I can barely make stick men' beginner.

drawabox.com is what stuck with me. You need those fundamental skills for everything, might as well learn them first and practice linework while you're at it.

One thing I noticed is that most of you guys don't seem to even do lineart before you paint.

What Jopax said. Rough sketch that I paint over on another layer and then turn off.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6757 on: February 18, 2016, 01:49:41 pm »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: February 18, 2016, 03:01:18 pm »

Is this a normal thing?

Lineart is not always the most beneficial thing--also there are other methods to beginning a painting, digital or physical. Personally, I find that "blocking it out" is generally how the best do it before whittling it down to perfection.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6759 on: February 18, 2016, 04:31:48 pm »

Is this a normal thing?

Lineart is not always the most beneficial thing--also there are other methods to beginning a painting, digital or physical. Personally, I find that "blocking it out" is generally how the best do it before whittling it down to perfection.
There should always be some kind of prep before you draw something, but what kind depends heavily on what you want to do.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:34:08 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: February 18, 2016, 06:21:35 pm »

I usually draw in order of easiest thing to draw from last. So I'll start with a doorway, or maybe the table and chair, or the candle sitting on the table. Then I draw the little bits and bobs around the room, then I finally move on to drawing the person.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: February 18, 2016, 06:33:06 pm »

Is this a normal thing?

There should always be some kind of prep before you draw something, but what kind depends heavily on what you want to do.

In sovie Russia, we use bear pelt to strap mattress to tenk, da.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: February 18, 2016, 06:43:03 pm »

That being said, Sycra is pretty good (as someone told me before). It's not exactly too beginner, but I probably haven't looked hard enough to find those yet.

drawabox.com is what stuck with me. You need those fundamental skills for everything, might as well learn them first and practice linework while you're at it.

Thanks. I'll look through them. Soon, I will rule this thread! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6763 on: February 18, 2016, 06:44:49 pm »

WE SHALL ANTICIPATE YOUR IRON FISTED RULE

;o

Also i've finally begun doodling a bit again after having been sick for over a week, but guise i need your expert opinions.

WHY DOES THIS PILOTDOG TRIP ALL MY UNCANNY VALLEY SENSORS SO HARD

also the ears are just beneath the hat
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: February 18, 2016, 06:48:31 pm »

Dunno, looks perfectly alright to me. Nothing uncanny about it; though I may not be the best one to talk to about that. ;)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 845