Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283065 times)

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6885 on: March 04, 2016, 12:02:57 am »

I always want to post here, but I never have time to finish anything, and I'm not allowed to post anything from work ... so screw it, have some random unfinished sketches that will never be finished!  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: March 04, 2016, 12:14:02 am »

I always want to post here, but I never have time to finish anything, and I'm not allowed to post anything from work ... so screw it, have some random unfinished sketches that will never be finished!  :P

How very Riddick! Except the cat. Which is a very awesome geometric style!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6887 on: March 04, 2016, 12:48:05 am »

Interesting. Do you have a DA or a Tumblr where I can follow your artwork?

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: March 04, 2016, 12:57:49 am »

How very Riddick! Except the cat. Which is a very awesome geometric style!

Haha, thank you. The cat's a lot different than what I usually do. I went through a day of trying out shape based designs a bit back.

Interesting. Do you have a DA or a Tumblr where I can follow your artwork?

Ahh, theoretically yes but in reality they've both been dead for nigh on a year. Especially right now where 99.9% of my art time is solely devoted to work.

I can always post more junk here though, if you follow the thread. Might as well dump my rare doodles off somewhere, I suppose.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: March 04, 2016, 01:36:56 am »

Spoiler: The Storm Peaks (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6890 on: March 04, 2016, 05:10:04 am »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: March 04, 2016, 05:32:36 am »

Spoiler: Hirsute the Barberian (click to show/hide)

Soon to join this result of a bad pun are: mathemagician and pen-paladin.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: March 04, 2016, 10:08:22 am »

You got the basic, alien desolation feel for it down pretty well, I thought.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: March 04, 2016, 02:44:51 pm »

Yeah, was going with some lineart based stuff for a change, it was a breath of fresh air, both in the approach I had to take and the outcome.

Also seconding the notion of seeing more stuff from you variablenonsense (vn from now on, too annoying to write out), got some pretty nice and stylish stuff going on with the cats, the stuff before that is pretty nice too, really digging the freaky monsters (tho that's kinda my thing so it's understandable xD).

Anyways, have a very early wip of a karatefish:
Spoiler: He will fish you up! (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: March 04, 2016, 04:50:07 pm »

If you can't do it in the modelling software, you can always take a pop in your photoshop-esque of choice.

Spoiler: I guess this is art. (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: March 04, 2016, 05:07:31 pm »

Made another piece of pixel art, and also put it on RedBubble, too :D

http://www.redbubble.com/people/happyslapp/works/21132086-bricked-up-8-bit-heart-shirt

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: March 05, 2016, 04:38:10 am »

Was in a rage about RL stuff earlier. Decided to look up pretty face models on the interweb and try a portrait. Turned out better than I expected for a first attempt.

No idea how to hair, so I'm gonna do some studies maybe and totally forget about this forever fix it up eventually. Yep.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6897 on: March 05, 2016, 12:46:11 pm »

That is actually pretty good, though it's hard to say more without seeing the reference photo. :v
As for hair, it depends on the colour. If it's white, you hardly need more than vague outlines, while darker colours will obviously require a shit ton of pencil strokes. Just remember to make room for the highlights (which, due to individual hairs being cylindrical, are NOT like those of a shiny dome), and you should be good to go. I personally have more trouble stylizing hair than drawing it realistically. :P

http://www.redbubble.com/people/happyslapp/works/21132086-bricked-up-8-bit-heart-shirt
As mentioned in the happy thread, that's a really cool design! I like it when the art interacts with the canvas, if that makes sense. Also, speaking of Redbubble, I M ALSO MAEK SHIRT

so if you're frequently late then this is totally a thing for you
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: March 05, 2016, 02:38:37 pm »

That is actually pretty good, though it's hard to say more without seeing the reference photo. :v
As for hair, it depends on the colour. If it's white, you hardly need more than vague outlines, while darker colours will obviously require a shit ton of pencil strokes. Just remember to make room for the highlights (which, due to individual hairs being cylindrical, are NOT like those of a shiny dome), and you should be good to go. I personally have more trouble stylizing hair than drawing it realistically. :P

I was... actually too embarrassed to post the photo because what I did looks nothing like her. So far, everything I've been doing is constructional drawing, so I was more focused on actually making it look like a person than copying the photo (which I know I need to do more of but the idea of copying something someone else has already done doesn't really interest me at all). I've been told hair is like most anything else, block out the midtones and work darker, then use a kneadable eraser to lift out highlights. There's also apparently some Proko videos on youtube I need to sit down and watch.

Here's the original.

She has a much more aquiline nose and stronger jawline, longer face and blah blah. I've also been using pens so long I don't remember how to graphite at all, but I can only practice so many things at a time and pens are awesome. Still, it looks more or less like a human being, so I'm pretty pleased that this is my starting point to work up from.

As mentioned in the happy thread, that's a really cool design! I like it when the art interacts with the canvas, if that makes sense. Also, speaking of Redbubble, I M ALSO MAEK SHIRT

Curious, I've heard a ton of stories of stolen art that the cheapy T-shirt outlets just steal from places like etsy and the like. Would you be worried about stuff like that? Also if I may pry from both of you, do these actually sell in appreciable numbers? I'm kind of a plain shirt guy, but these kinda things seem popular.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: March 05, 2016, 03:00:38 pm »

I was... actually too embarrassed to post the photo because what I did looks nothing like her. So far, everything I've been doing is constructional drawing, so I was more focused on actually making it look like a person than copying the photo (which I know I need to do more of but the idea of copying something someone else has already done doesn't really interest me at all). I've been told hair is like most anything else, block out the midtones and work darker, then use a kneadable eraser to lift out highlights. There's also apparently some Proko videos on youtube I need to sit down and watch.

Here's the original.

She has a much more aquiline nose and stronger jawline, longer face and blah blah. I've also been using pens so long I don't remember how to graphite at all, but I can only practice so many things at a time and pens are awesome. Still, it looks more or less like a human being, so I'm pretty pleased that this is my starting point to work up from.

Curious, I've heard a ton of stories of stolen art that the cheapy T-shirt outlets just steal from places like etsy and the like. Would you be worried about stuff like that? Also if I may pry from both of you, do these actually sell in appreciable numbers? I'm kind of a plain shirt guy, but these kinda things seem popular.

I haven't sold any yet, but mostly because I'm pretty new on there, and I think no one there has seen it :/

And I would be worried about that, but see the above for the reason I'm not as worried about it right now.
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 845