Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283136 times)

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7140 on: April 16, 2016, 12:56:21 pm »

Nice spessmans.
Thisssss. +1.

Thanks!

This girl is so hardcore, space radiation can mutate her hand into a coffee cup, spilling its contents into zero gravity, and she's only mildly annoyed.

Not meant as a criticism

+2 on the nice art

Tis perfectly valid criticism, i'll take it.
Still thanks!

I love that swishing robe-skirt thing on the first uniform. Also the miffed look on space coffee girl; friggin' Microgravity, right?

I like it! :3

Who doesn't love swishing robes?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7141 on: April 16, 2016, 07:59:00 pm »

... I might be one of the only people ever to have some kind of issue with too many/unnecessary loose bits of cloth, but i think that's some vague shade of OCD speaking. That said, this particular case is neat and practical enough that i don't mind, so kudos for that. :v (also yes Dark Souls is a MAJOR OFFENDER)

this is entirely visible in my gallery, almost all my drawings are devoid of loose flowy things for this exact reason

also more scumbagassery with a cloud

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I feel like i've gone back into "grey turd" territory. :I (also the colour of the sky is probably very weird because i have f.lux enabled and i can't be arsed to violate my eyes right now)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: April 16, 2016, 08:31:48 pm »

I CHALLENGE YOU to make a picture with lots of loose flowy things because I love loose flowy things, and by extension most of the armors in Dark Souls. >:D
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7143 on: April 16, 2016, 09:09:25 pm »

Sorry mate, i am sadly not kidding with this particular pet peeve of mine (though of course, exceptions to it do exist). Also side note: I feel bad for not mentioning that i actually quite like Vastaghen's drawings. There, now i can stop feeling bad. :v
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:11:09 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: April 16, 2016, 10:08:51 pm »

Agreed on the spacetoons. I usually don't like cartoony styles (because everyone goes anime and I'm sick of it by now), but the styling and form in those is really appealing.

So I picked up some vine charcoal. It's not easy to work with for details, or maybe I'm just fumbling terrible... but I made this, so here's a thing.

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: April 17, 2016, 01:00:30 am »

I drew some kind of scrap-metal man walking forever in the dry dusty winds of an alien desert. Or something like that.
some kind of issue with too many/unnecessary loose bits of cloth
aaaah i'm sorry shook :P

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: April 17, 2016, 02:39:48 am »

I l9ve it, but it's... eh, unrefined. Do you plan to do more with it?

It gives me an idea, wherein artists can practice by making half-finished art, then trading and finishing the piece given to them. If you wouldn't be offended, may I try adding/finishing some detailing? Though Id also really like to see how you'd continue on it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7147 on: April 17, 2016, 06:56:22 am »

grlabgfskjfkgaf

Nah it's totally fine, i'd be an asshole if i expected people to not draw certain things because of me being a weirdo. :v

Also @Darkmere i get some Dark Portal (y'know, from Warcraft) vibes from that, which is neat!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:58:01 am by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: April 17, 2016, 10:04:46 am »

Also @Darkmere i get some Dark Portal (y'know, from Warcraft) vibes from that, which is neat!

...You know, I wasn't even thinking of that when I made it, but that's exactly what it is, isn't it? Welp. And thanks!
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: April 17, 2016, 11:42:40 am »

Ok so, some general feedback for you (as in, applies to both drawings)!

Spoiler: werds if you want them (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: sizespoilerlol (click to show/hide)

a scene of a teaser i must do for my Videogames Class project...the game is supposed to be some kind of resource management game using prefab modules made out of primitives. im not an artist myself. but the game is supposed to have a minimalist style. i dont know how much minimalism i can get with the teaser, but this looks like right from MS Paint. and i was using Inkscape...

any advice?
Yep! One thing, to be exact: The straight lines should be distorted by the curvature of the planet/moon. something like this, but in case that doesn't make much sense, the closer you get to the edges of a globe, the more squished the features on it are going to be. Also note, a line that's parallel to the radius of the globe (i.e. points directly towards the center of the visible circle) is going to be completely straight, although if it has a significant thickness, it'll be thinner towards the edges.

and now

clouds

A tilted brush is apparently the scumbaggest of all tricks when it comes to making acceptable clouds quickly. :v

Thanks, will try and tidy them up. :)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: April 17, 2016, 01:41:24 pm »

Perhaps this isn't relevant but a few weeks ago I drew a realistically shaded comedy mask. All the people that I showed were very impressed with it (especially the artsy types), but when I tried to scan it and upload it here, most of the lighter tones disappeared. Because of this, you got this unwanted contrast between thickly shaded areas and areas that look completely untouched. The work lost a lot of its original appeal.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys had any ideas about how I can avoid that.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7151 on: April 17, 2016, 02:40:15 pm »

Perhaps this isn't relevant but a few weeks ago I drew a realistically shaded comedy mask. All the people that I showed were very impressed with it (especially the artsy types), but when I tried to scan it and upload it here, most of the lighter tones disappeared. Because of this, you got this unwanted contrast between thickly shaded areas and areas that look completely untouched. The work lost a lot of its original appeal.

I'm assuming it's been done in pencil? You just have to make the whole thing darker. That's just how scanning works, it lightens everything and doesn't pick up subtle shades, and thin lines will disappear. Just give the whole thing a going over with your pencil.

Either that or take your scanned image and add those missing shades in digitally.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: April 17, 2016, 02:56:14 pm »

I l9ve it, but it's... eh, unrefined. Do you plan to do more with it?

It gives me an idea, wherein artists can practice by making half-finished art, then trading and finishing the piece given to them. If you wouldn't be offended, may I try adding/finishing some detailing? Though Id also really like to see how you'd continue on it.
That would be awesome! I meant for it to just be a sort of sketchy sketch, so I was never really planning to finish it, but if you want to keep going with it, that would be super cool!

grlabgfskjfkgaf

Nah it's totally fine, i'd be an asshole if i expected people to not draw certain things because of me being a weirdo. :v
:D

I'm assuming it's been done in pencil? You just have to make the whole thing darker. That's just how scanning works, it lightens everything and doesn't pick up subtle shades, and thin lines will disappear. Just give the whole thing a going over with your pencil.

Either that or take your scanned image and add those missing shades in digitally.
You also might be able to just take a picture of it with a digital camera; I find that that doesn't wash out pencil drawings nearly as much.
Or, to do the second thing GUNIN mentioned, all you have to do is take the scanned image and reduce the brightness of it, using something like Paint.net - human eyes are able to distinguish between values better when they're dark because a small change in absolute brightness represents a large relative change (or something like that).

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: April 17, 2016, 03:41:20 pm »

I drew some kind of scrap-metal man walking forever in the dry dusty winds of an alien desert. Or something like that.
Did it ride a horse with no name?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: April 17, 2016, 07:06:41 pm »

Same deal here. Digital camera works, but mine is stone-age old so it presents whole NEW annoyances.
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 845