Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2209006 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

No offense, but thank god.

I may or may not have found this out when I tried to slip in a monster capable of instantly resurrecting all Holistic Spawn remains on the map when it appears :)  It sadly didn't work.

E: Argh, it looks like another exploit I often used in my interactions (to wit, interactions without usage hints being spammed constantly whenever the unit has a chance to do so) doesn't work anymore. Now I have to completely-rework the Spawnitis transformation. regekaanklbeare
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:53:53 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Incidentally, I've seen in a number of places the idea of a necromancy-bomber. Basically, a reanimation interaction that causes corpses to explode violently rather than waking them up. Seems like it could be a useful ability for something or other.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Incidentally, I've seen in a number of places the idea of a necromancy-bomber. Basically, a reanimation interaction that causes corpses to explode violently rather than waking them up. Seems like it could be a useful ability for something or other.

Garbage disposal
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

A way of preventing that spawn uber-ressurector from doing his thing.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A way of preventing that spawn uber-ressurector from doing his thing.

While violently immolating everything on the map? Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Moot point though, because as I noted the uber-resurrection no longer works due to units apparently now having a hard requirement to be able to see their targets to use interactions on them.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Yeah. On the other hand, since we'll obviously be placing the fort in an evil biome, it'll surely have uses.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Well, I would assume that's because it sort of helps to know something's actually there, and not a moldy sock with some half-eaten cat meat in it instead.

Yeah. On the other hand, since we'll obviously be placing the fort in an evil biome, it'll surely have uses.

Aaaaaactually that's entirely up to the undead and if they're still stupidly OP or not.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I'd go find out, but I can't get stable worldgen.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

...logically, undead are OP by simply existing, so have fun Splint.

@Frog: -Can flying creatures see anything on Z-levels below it that aren't underground?

-Is it possible to make it so if a interaction is used it affects everything on the map? Then one targetable entity will ruin everyone's lives...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Is it possible to make it so if a interaction is used it affects everything on the map? Then one targetable entity will ruin everyone's lives...

That's what I'm sad about :( Previously, if you didn't specify a maximum range and target number and didn't specify that a target had to be within LINE_OF_SIGHT, the interaction would hit everything. But that doesn't work anymore, and to my knowledge there isn't a replacement technique yet. *curls up into a ball and cries*

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Reanimation dust attack with a fucking massive emission intensity?

Also, rather than spam up the thread;
We've created a Discord channel to discuss things! Feel free to join! https://discord.gg/0g2sUaS4K5R68cpr
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:54:36 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Reanimation dust attack with a fucking massive emission intensity?
That would just murderate EVERYTHING AT ONCE, unless that's fixed?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Well it would also do that, but who cares.

Also I totally want to see it done for schnitz'n'pliggles.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Well it would also do that, but who cares.

Also I totally want to see it done for schnitz'n'pliggles.
+1
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We should have another chat sometime soon. There's still a couple things I'd like to go over. Tomorrow night good?

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 815