Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 34537 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2018, 06:48:26 pm »

Rouses. That's my semi-joking suggestion for the giant rats.

Force the survivors to swear loyalty. Eat those who don't go along with it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2018, 07:19:34 pm »

Rouses. That's my semi-joking suggestion for the giant rats.

Force the survivors to swear loyalty. Eat those who don't go along with it.
+1 to action, but force the loyalty of their shaman if they're unwilling.

Call the rats "siirks".
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2018, 09:46:51 pm »

Give the bound shaman to Damena, to drain and learn from as he did the old shaman.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2018, 11:36:52 pm »

Force those who do swear loyalty to eat the others at the same time as we feast.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2018, 03:04:45 am »

Give the bound shaman to Damena, to drain and learn from as he did the old shaman.
Force those who do swear loyalty to eat the others at the same time as we feast.
+1 to both.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2018, 09:33:49 am »

+1 to both.
1+

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2018, 11:07:58 am »

”Swear your loyalty to me. Or be food for a demon.” you rumble, exerting some gentle mental pressure on the shaman, hoping she will be able to teach Damena. She seems to sense what you are doing and responds by drawing on her life force, and blasting several of her defeated tribesmen and herself. You manage to rip a few scraps of her soul out as she dies, and there is knowledge in these, although most of it weak. You did manage to learn the night vision spell she used, and you will be able to teach that to Damena.

Having seen several of their fellows explode in defiance of you, the others are understandably obstinate, at least until you slowly start to eat their mightiest warrior, letting them feel everything he does. Five of them weaken then, and begin crying out for mercy, but most stay silent, eyes widened with horror but lips sealed against their impending torment.

The five are set free, and told to partake in the feast, as your warriors join in the feast with a savage enthusiasm, gulping down gobbets of flesh torn raw from their screaming victims, indulging in horrid depravities atop their struggling forms, delighting in the debauchery and horror.

Nervously, reluctantly, they do, timidly praising your name,, but as you return their devotion to them with inhuman pleasure, their cries grow louder and they join in with more enthusiasm. All too soon, not a scrap of flesh remains. The weapons and armor and food supplies of the Savta are collected, and your faithful gather around you to offer praise. You rejoice as your strength swells, the evil in you making the ground grow hard and infertile, the grass around you dying, the burnwolf and the rouses shifting, their fangs growing longer, their eyes crueler.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2018, 06:19:41 am »

I think it is time for a personal hunt. Have the tribe wander around for a bit while we start searching for predators to defeat.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2018, 11:26:32 am »

I think it is time for a personal hunt. Have the tribe wander around for a bit while we start searching for predators to defeat.
and bunnies to corrupt

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2018, 11:43:13 am »

Before leaving we should teach Damena that night vision spell.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2018, 11:48:52 am »

Before leaving we should teach Damena that night vision spell.
obviously

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2018, 10:27:38 pm »

You decide the most efficient way to teach Damena the spell is to give him the piece of soul with it, and you slowly force it into him. While you suspect the shaman when she was alive would have been more than a match for him, a fragment of her soul is enough for him to easily subsume, and his eyes widen – the spell is intricate and complex, but supremely efficient. You are very glad your magic caught her by surprise.

Having completed all you need to do, you leave your followers to wander as they will. They rapidly organize themselves, collecting and organizing the equipment of the dead and several begin making more totems of you. You fly away, leaving them to their tasks, confident in their loyalty and efficiency, for once someone swears themselves to a demon little can be done to sway them.

You seek predators, to dominate and destroy, and more beasts to corrupt, so that your armies may grow stronger. The first thing you find is a pair of leplenas. They immediately acknowledge you as their master, and kneel, before going off to join their brethren at your silent command.

The next thing you find is no predator, but a might creature none the less. It stands nearly twice as high as you, coated in rockhard scales, the a dozen long tendrils drooping from its mouth which can lash out with incredible speed to draw a tasty morsel from the ground or the trees. You even spot it snatch something from the talons of the bird. It wanders, not bothering to pay attention to its surroundings, supremely confident that not even a full pride of leplenas or pack of burnwolfs could truly hurt it.

They probably couldn’t. You however, are much deadlier than either.  A single swipe of your axe is enough to tear off a leg and then slice deep into the belly, and then at your mental command its ribs constrict and crush the creatures many lungs. It dies before it even makes a sound.

You decide to lurk about the corpse and see what comes of it, and another lepelena stalks over, before bowing like the others. Then two squat creatures with massive jaws that look strong enough to shatter rock begin chewing at the dead beast’s limbs. You don’t even bother with your axe, instead simply slashing bother their throats with your claws. They drop dead.

Satisifed with this hall, you go off searching for more rouses. You realize you have no idea what to look for, as they are too small to spot from above the grass and you don’t know where they would live.  You manage to find a couple of them sitting in a tree, but an exhaustive search reveals nothing in the immediate area.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2018, 10:30:07 pm »

...damnit, we could have tamed those things. Especially the big tanks one, just imagine if we'd mounted a turret or something on that thing's back.

We should go out and find another one, to take this time.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2018, 11:12:22 pm »

At the moment we need to prepare for our attack on the caz. We still need to find something to do with the spirits heart. What if we made it the core of a living armor for us? It did have regenerative abilities after all.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2018, 05:29:14 am »

...damnit, we could have tamed those things. Especially the big tanks one, just imagine if we'd mounted a turret or something on that thing's back.

We should go out and find another one, to take this time.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38