Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 854117 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8445 on: December 22, 2020, 04:07:53 am »

May as well just add Windows 10 Debloater to the mix. It lets you disable the Microsoft spying features, disable Cortana entirely, prevent Edge from taking over as default PDF reader, and it's a good way to automatically remove the bloatware that comes with a typical install of Windows 10. It's good stuff. Oh, and you can tell it to remove whatever apps you want. Literally any app, so do be careful to not fuck up your system by uninstalling Settings or something.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:09:45 am by methylatedspirit »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: December 23, 2020, 05:17:26 am »

KFC wasn't joking when they announced their console. It's not even a half-assed thing; it's a full-fucking-fledged gaming PC (with an RTX GPU in there, for kicks), and the Chicken Chamber actually works to heat chicken by drawing heat from the CPU and GPU. They hired someone from Cooler Master to make this thing. This has to be the highest-effort shitpost ever.

Just one question: why? What is this shit? There was the dating simulator (yes, that wasn't a fan game), a romance novel, then this year, a Lifetime Original (Mini) Movie. I've heard that KFC isn't very good in the US (one of the worst, apparently). I'm not sure what strategy they're going for here. Like, your product has to be good first before you can start advertising, so I have no clue why they're putting the cart before the horse, shitposting so hard that it makes Wendy's look normal by comparison.

Seriously, I've eaten KFC where I live, and it's, like, good. It's my first "fuck it, gotta eat something" choice. The marketing makes sense; it's not shitpost after shitpost, trying to pull off a Wendy's. It's a bit generic (just imagine product shots of chicken being grilled/cooked for half the advert), sure, but it makes sense. It's a brand that people respect.

What the fuck is wrong with the US KFC, that they think this shit is acceptable when their service is some of the worst there!? They're making people laugh, but at them, not at their jokes! This can't be sustainable, surely.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: December 23, 2020, 07:14:32 am »

Just one question: why?

It makes people forget about the rat incident(s).

Also, if the Double Down is anything to go by, KFC has been shitposting for years

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: December 23, 2020, 09:05:13 am »

DOUBLE DOWN MAN
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: December 23, 2020, 09:10:34 am »

<_< anxiety about essay mark intensifies

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: December 23, 2020, 05:56:21 pm »

I woke up today to see this for a disk speed test:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Keep in mind, it's supposed to have up to 160MB/s read and up to 90MB/s. Not even fucking close. Not even on the sequentials.

Get the fuck out of here, you fake SD card. Fuck you, seller. I'm giving you incontrovertible evidence that it's not even close to hitting the advertised speeds. There are no bottlenecks other than the SD card itself; the SD card reader is connected over USB-C, so if you want to contest that, you'll have to tell me that USB-C somehow has a minimum speed of less than 100MB/s. I know for a fucking fact that my real Sandisk Ultra gets 90MB/s read on this exact reader, so it's not the reader. The fact that this piece of shit cannot reach even that is evidence that it's not the speed it says to be.

It's not my SD card; it's a friend's, but I feel the same righteous indignation I feel towards fake products and their sellers. You fucks (the seller). I hope you (the seller, not anyone else) get paid in fake money your entire life. At least I'm not the one that has to deal with the seller, presumably in a calmer manner than mine.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: December 29, 2020, 12:35:30 am »

I've been not so productive sometimes during winter break. It annoys me!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: December 29, 2020, 12:39:52 am »

Valentine's day stuff for sale the day after christmas, what's wrong with you people
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: December 29, 2020, 12:42:42 am »

Valentine's day stuff for sale the day after christmas, what's wrong with you people

lol where have you been where I work we were getting Valentine’s stuff out the week before Christmas after getting Christmas stuff out in September.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: December 29, 2020, 12:44:25 am »

Right?  Give us that candy, it tastes of capitalism utterly failing to plan at all.
(Not that I can eat, sugar sensitive and all, but I have friends.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: December 29, 2020, 12:49:44 am »

lol where have you been where I work we were getting Valentine’s stuff out the week before Christmas after getting Christmas stuff out in September.

V-day is something I force out of my memory until it just shows up.

Although christmas and halloween being neighboring aisles in August is a known phenomenon.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: December 29, 2020, 08:05:15 pm »

Heck. the forum software is sometimes erroneously marking threads as read now.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: December 30, 2020, 05:09:38 pm »

Maybe you read them....AND FORGOT!! :o
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: December 30, 2020, 05:44:28 pm »

Maybe you read them....AND FORGOT!! :o

You stumbled upon a cognitohazard and amnesics had to be used.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: December 31, 2020, 11:12:46 pm »

Flash support ended.

I bet I could still use an old browser to play the games of my childhood but still.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 777