_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1496 1497 [1498] 1499 1500 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5757617 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22455 on: January 01, 2014, 01:30:17 am »

((And who was Eziel?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22456 on: January 01, 2014, 01:33:59 am »

(("Mage of poison, rot, toxin, necromancy and everything fearful to mankind." One of the bosses whom we had to kill in Perplexicon. That is, if anyone actually got around to doing so before the game ended (we never really got around to actually entering the swamps). But she is (I suspect) a follower of Parathun who was apparently childish and sociopathic. She was responsible for all the shit linked in my previous post.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22457 on: January 01, 2014, 01:37:00 am »

((Huh.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22458 on: January 01, 2014, 01:40:41 am »

((I'm currently obsessing over 40k, so first I was imagining Lars as a leader of (robot) space marines, and then I was imagining them as plague lords, as perplexicon was mentioned.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22459 on: January 01, 2014, 02:08:38 am »

((I'm pretty sure he reproduces via mitosis, kind of like drill sergeants.))

((Like all bacteria.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22460 on: January 01, 2014, 11:05:35 am »

((Not that Steve, the AI. It's a reference to Worm, where there is a character named Saint who...let's just say that he engages on a foolish quest from the words of a recording of a dead man that lead him to fight a very powerful hero and ally with a very powerful villain.))
((Since it's my character who's named Saint, I'm curious about this.  Would you mind giving more detail?  By PM, if you think it would be derailing?))
((Not huge on spoiling, PM or no.
Worm. The events in question are revealed during the climax of the story as a whole, albeit not at the climax of the climax.))

You two, Rolande and Saint?"
((Wait, Saint? Don't let him around Steve...or any Teachers...))
(( Those two were together apparently? Talking, at least, when one of them got gangpressed, so I'm just grabbing the other one. ))
((Not that Steve, the AI. It's a reference to Worm, where there is a character named Saint who...let's just say that he engages on a foolish quest from the words of a recording of a dead man that lead him to fight a very powerful hero and ally with a very powerful villain.))
((Thanks for the reminder to catch up  on Worm. I just had to stop reading when I hit 'Extinction'.))
((It gets better. Amazingly, they don't completely lose!
That part? It makes sense. The End Interlude? Nope. Seriously, WTHeck?))

Spoiler: Same (click to show/hide)

The 10 missions thing was never actually a thing...
((It wasn't?))

((I'm pretty sure the Doctor is "above such petty pleasures." I'm pretty sure he reproduces via mitosis, kind of like drill sergeants.))
((He just needs to eat enough Thai food, and suddenly bam! Double the capacity for medical shenanigans.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22461 on: January 01, 2014, 11:31:28 am »

((It wasn't?))
((There was never a "go free after completing 10 missions", unless you count "free of mortal flesh" - inmates completing 10 missions were supposed to become a part of Steve. And now it's lost the last of its relevance, with the ARM uprising.

Coincidentally. Exactly what part of The End Interlude doesn't make sense? Most of it seemed pretty manageable to me.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22462 on: January 01, 2014, 11:58:27 am »

((It wasn't?))
((There was never a "go free after completing 10 missions", unless you count "free of mortal flesh" - inmates completing 10 missions were supposed to become a part of Steve. And now it's lost the last of its relevance, with the ARM uprising.))
((Didn't we only do 10 missions (if you count the missions taking place at the same time as one instead of two) in this game? If someone had participated in all 10, it would make for a nice "Normally, we'd just kill you, but today you're lucky enough to be chosen to lead a revolution instead." speech from Steve.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22463 on: January 01, 2014, 04:03:39 pm »

((Looked time and time again and I saw nothing.))

Excuse me, who are you? Is there anything you can tell me about this place?
The doctor tilts his head. "Tour pamphlets are in the lobby."

Well, as you may notice if you've been to the armory, a small nuke is only 2 tokens. But strictly speaking, he didn't have a nuke. He went nuclear, quite literally Ever heard of an overload event? It looks like he became one of those.

"I actually did check the armory, but whoever normally runs it wasn't there- they left a sign saying they'd be back sometime.  And no, I've never heard of an overload event, although looking at the landscape, I can guess that it's pretty destructive."

Steve grins, then carefully listens to the jumpsuited man before asking a question.

"Is there anything I need to know about operating those arms, or is it pretty simple?"

After getting an answer, head to a crane cab near the area we have to work on, and get in.  Familiarize myself with the controls.

"Nah, the controls are pretty simple. There's an switch to turn it on and a pair of holes to put your hands into. Push forward to extend, pull back to retract, close your hands to close the grippers, it's all pretty self explanatory."

You take a ladder up to a catwalk, then follow the catwalk across to the nearest cab. You get in, sit down in the operator's chair and switch on the machine. It hums to life and the control panel lifts and slides toward you, so you can use the arms without having to lean forward. You slip your arms into the control sleeves and flex the fingers.

Marcius grits his teeth - Now he has to HELP the people that killed his family. He thinks for a moment in silence, then relaxes... The time will come, he says to himself...

Resolved, he says to the man, "If Steve will be working the arm, I believe I will be better suited to welding the pieces into place."

Marcius heads to the hull, waiting for instructions on taking off some of the damaged pieces

Edit: ((I'm conflicted about having Marcius purposefully fuck up, or just leaving it if he screws up, since he still doesn't know that we had rebelled from the UWM :P .))
The man in orange gives you a harness and line; he tells you to use the cage to get to the top of the ship, hook in and climb down. Then he hands you a belt with a cutting and welding system.

You follow his instructions, get yourself hooked on to the ship and prepare to climb down.

Sounds like we're all set. Point us to the welding tools, show me where the interior catwalks are and bring on the armor plates.

Gather up my welding equipment and head for the interior catwalks.

(( @Whitius I assume everyone has had, at minimum, the basics explained to them. Especially 'try and mess with Steve and you're getting shocked', since that's basically Steve's only control lever over the inmates, since we all, by definition, have a problem with the UWM of some sort. Honestly, since we're in such a rush to get going on all of these missions, I'd say it's up to you whether or not your character knows that we're rebelling, and similarly up to you to judge if your character would judge getting electrocuted to be an acceptable risk of misbehavior.

Of course, in practice all you really have to do is try to do anything, and then have decent odds of failing :P ))

The Man in orange heads back into the ship and comes back a few minutes later with a hoverdolly stacked with metal plates. he pushes it over to where the robotic arms can pick them up and then leads you back into the ship. The interior area he brings you too is so thin that the only way you can get through is by turning sideways and slowly wiggling your way out to the first damaged area you can find, holding your equipment in one hand and a flashlight in the other.

((Yeah, just go get a pyro kinetic amp and come join the overload investigation team. We need more burn happy people.))
((*sigh* Fine. It's a really bad sign that out of all the other players, I trust your word the most, isn't it?))

Wander off to locate a pyro amp and other basic gear, then join the overload investigation team. Whatever the fuck that is.
You buy yourself a Pyro Amp and get it installed in your brain before going down to join the group of people lost in the expansive flesh maze in this thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.17700
"Its much better than some of the newer models that I saw back in my days in research, so what is wrong with the reactor?"
begin moving into the reactor
You clink, clank, clonk your way toward the reactor with the maintenance man walking beside you, his voice coming in through the crackly, tinny speakers of the suit.

"The reactor vessel cracked. And with the power outages we're not really sure where it cracked. The reactor is safe, but it's all still intensely radio active so we need someone to go in, find the crack and patch it. Then, once power is restored, we can use the automatic containment systems to clean up the spill. Easy peasy."

He leads you to a large door with a very obvious radiation warning sign on it.

"This is as far as I go. There are a few decontamination rooms through here that you'll have to manually open before getting to the chamber. Just make sure to close the doors on your way in."

((Speaking of which, he could take inspiration from some of the creations mentioned here and here. If Xan was ever in perplexicon, he'd probably end up dating Eziel.))
I think it was Toaster who said this would make a cool MUD or MOO. I'm inclined to agree. If only I knew how to computer.

"Hooray! I'm saved! Does anybody have anything that could be useful to fix me up to slightly better working order? I can shimmy around and yammer as usual, but that's mostly it," Stacy explains while waltzing jerkily around his teammates.

Undemandingly dance after my teammates. This was but a temporary setback! Petition for help.
Brother Lars eyes Stacy.  "Brother Mesk could fix you- he opened the elevator for us."

By the look on his face, there's not a bit of sarcasm in that statement.

Onward toward the objective!  Prepare to comfort and/or recruit any civilians that come our way!
Head onwards.  Provide assistance for Stacy if asked and/or needed.
Charles prepares another speech in his mind, seeing as the mental transcript of the first one abruptly shifted into panicked screaming halfway through.
STEPHEN HAWKING gets out of the cramped elevator shaft, and begins looking for people who need his invention

The 15th floor is a mess, at least where the diplomats came out it is. The ceiling is partially collapsed, like below, and the contents of every room has spilled out and coated the ground in a thick layer of office viscera. The point on the map that steve marked is a large conference room at the end of the hall. The door is closed and no one can hear sounds coming from inside it. It might be best, thought anyone with any sense in the group, to choose their method of contact carefully. Otherwise they might terrify the already scared survivors even more.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22464 on: January 01, 2014, 04:27:17 pm »

Lars looks around.  "Shall Charles and I go first?  If all of us go in at once, it may intimidate them.  With Charles's way with words and my divine mission, the two of us should suffice.  Mesk can be on standby to provide medical aid."

((Yeah, that was me who saw MUD-oriented design in the later Perplexicon.  Translating the magic system would be... interesting, though.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22465 on: January 01, 2014, 04:33:26 pm »

"Hopefully our reputation as HMRC doesn't scare them. But I doubt it." Charles nods in agreement. He continues preparing his speech.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:35:32 pm by Empiricist »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22467 on: January 01, 2014, 05:06:16 pm »

"Hm..."

Check if the VR machines are working.

"...OH SHI-"

Try and find Piecewise.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22468 on: January 01, 2014, 05:10:31 pm »

((Oh, right... when was the last time anyone fed the basilisk anyway?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22469 on: January 01, 2014, 05:15:43 pm »

"I shall bravely stay behind and wait for the screaming to begin, then. Go forth and proselytize, brother!"

Stand guard. See if I can move my arms well enough to aim the HEP at something.
Pages: 1 ... 1496 1497 [1498] 1499 1500 ... 2101