Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 209872 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2014, 10:30:35 pm »

"If there is time when we get there.  And it's Algis - of the Shielding Hands - and Ingram, God of Guns.  Besides them, there is..."  Lars fills the team coms with theological discussion all the way back to the bunker.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2014, 10:37:23 pm »

God of guns? I could use a bit of his help. This thing *Dubley waves around his number gun* has tried to kill me in the past.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2014, 10:42:05 pm »

As Lars launches into a detailed description of the HMRC Pantheon, Felix shuts off his comm system.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2014, 10:57:50 pm »

Lars stops his monologue briefly to interject "Speak to me after the mission then- divine assistance is available.  Now, Cog-azaon the Wise is the keeper of secrets.  Commune with him and he shall reveal his knowledge if you are worthy.  Now there are dangers here, because..."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2014, 11:57:22 pm »

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint - Bunker 4 (southern one)

((...Thanks for that.))

"I've fixed the HUD.  No more epileptic lightshow, so you all can turn it back on safely."

Charge a dynamic AUX bonus while staying in cover.  Wonder if my HUD needs me to roll AUX to be useful, or if it's automated like I intended.  Wonder if it even has an actual effect.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2014, 12:20:54 am »

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

Sounds good boss

Keep watching for incoming enemies. Charge up an Exo bonus
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2014, 01:42:13 am »

TEAM A
ready for enemy assault
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2014, 04:39:13 am »

updated map:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Added a grid to make it easier to indicate the exact position of anything. So now, one can say 'enemy squad 1, at K9, going 240° southwest' and it'll be clear for all involved where exactly something is, and what direction it is heading in. No obligation to use it for anyone, but I thought it might help.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:45:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2014, 01:56:27 pm »

((goddamnit, I've had 504 and maintance mode all day. couldn't on the forum to post my action up untill now.))

Pancaek - Team B - Bunker 4

"Allright men, looks like they're making another push. General De Bergerac has given us and Xan's team the responsibility to stop the invaders from the south. So, you know....look south and fuck up some sods for me."

Staying down while looking outside with fingercam, Move to the south side of the bunker. Attack enemies that are in range so I don't get a penalty. Heat 1 foot spheres by 150 degrees in their center mass. Attack the most armored/best armed enemies first.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2014, 02:02:03 pm »

Jack Catar-Team B
"Simple enough."
Lower faceplate, mess up some enemy sods.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2014, 02:05:05 pm »

Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader - Heading West

Team G: "Jim, disposing of the bombs with your amps should be easy enough. In case your brain's already overheating, see if the techie in our team is able to disable them."

"Old fart, you come West with me."

"Faith and Lyra, join up with any friendlies around South and destroy the hostiles coming from there."

Deactivate EMM to save fuel. Report from surviving sod sniper team.

Move towards the West with Flint to neutralize the threats coming from that direction. Priority towards battlesuits and exo-suited sods. Battlesuits get overcharged shots to arm joints or any limb carrying a weapon. Re-activate EMM before re-entering combat.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2014, 02:13:26 pm »

"Got it."

Jim uses his microwave amp to freeze each bomb to prevent detonation, then uses his manipulation amp to pull each one from the ships and move them someplace where they wouldn't cause much harm if they do explode.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2014, 02:15:07 pm »

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

Lars raises his arms, the exosuit helping exaggerate his movements.  "Praise be to the gods, for we have triumphed over adversity.  Algis be praised for shielding us from harm!  May we continue to sing the praises of Ingram with our bullets!  All glory to Wondrous Steve!"

Felix grins as the battlesuit freezes up and then seems to melt from the inside, presumably due to being lifelocked. "And that's one less battlesuit. Back to the bunker?"
Hey Lars, can I borrow a sod to safely dispose of these explosives? Or should I just leave them next to the ships.
Also, flex my damaged arm and try to find out what exactly isn't working about it.

"We move back to the bunker and hold it- there are hostiles inbound.  I'll have the reserve take care of the explosives."

Lead the team + Sods back to the original bunker (5).  Slap anyone that tries to do anything else.

Lars sent a message to the team leaders, plus Jim.  "Orders acknowledged- returning to bunker.  The ships have explosives on them- someone will need to handle that.  Perhaps General Jim and his Miracles of Steve is best suited for that?  The Sod Grenade trick?"
((Could have sworn I posted earlier today... apparently either it got lost in the aether somewhere... or I'm going mad... both are definite possiblities))

Angel: Team D

By your command Squad-Commander.
Brothers in Battle, Brothers in Blood.
The Mission Will Succeed.

Follow Lars back to the bunker keeping an eye out for any trouble on the way then take up position and prepare for the next assault

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2014, 02:34:26 pm »

Team G Cassowary, Faith

"Mm. Not fond of bunkers..."

Get to bunker 4, assess situation there.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2014, 02:46:14 pm »

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team E "Aye-Aye"

Scan for more hostiles and shoot them with my laser. If no hostiles come in vision, prepare for a better shot (charge a Con bonus).

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 109