Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 521991 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #795 on: February 25, 2017, 11:39:18 pm »

You seem to forget that magic is a thing,
And therefore weird shit... um, um, Bing.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #796 on: February 25, 2017, 11:41:25 pm »

Oh. I know what those diagonal walls were for now.
Unless Odum gets up we'll die with my the flaw
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 25, 2017, 11:42:01 pm »

I said rhyme time was over

Who is ready for Indigo and Violet magic
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 25, 2017, 11:50:19 pm »

Oh. I know what those diagonal walls were for now.
Unless Odum gets up we'll die with my the flaw
Um. That sounds bad.
Thankfully, I'm already dead.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 26, 2017, 12:06:23 am »

you guys are terrible

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 26, 2017, 12:08:14 am »

Welcome mate, bit late, Glass said that already.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 26, 2017, 12:10:08 am »

You are both terrible, terrible people. :P
As seen here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 26, 2017, 12:40:49 am »

Could I be dorfed as an animal trainer, if we have any of those left?

Actually, never mind. I have a better idea.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 26, 2017, 02:56:07 am »

Diagonal walls? You mean the walls used to breach the Aquifer and stop it from flooding our only way to the underground?

I feel bad for CarefulRogue. His turn's gonna be painful.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 26, 2017, 07:02:40 am »

If the fort is still standing that is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 26, 2017, 12:30:45 pm »

Diagonal walls? You mean the walls used to breach the Aquifer and stop it from flooding our only way to the underground?

I feel bad for CarefulRogue. His turn's gonna be painful.
Yeah... 

As for the crowns, I plan to dump those in magma, at the nearest convenience.  I don't care if Apiks is still connected when I do. 

Finally... how many picks and miners do we have left?  I think I'll be mining out a new fortress, deeper down, with drain pipes...

EDIT: Also who needs redwarfing reforumiting? 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:33:45 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 26, 2017, 12:41:01 pm »

The Orchestra needs mental entity beta. I would like them to either be a tinkerer-type person or a musician-type person.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 26, 2017, 12:54:56 pm »

Journal 30.9

If the number on the entry is weird, it’s because I am about to go to sleep and don’t give a flying hippy about numbers at the moment, only colors. I have spent the entire bloody day dealing with angry leylines and destruction magic so I am not in a good mood right now. I don’t know what in the name of Orange magic chamber pots that shield you on the lou got Indigo and Violet in such royal snits, but whatever stupid thing it was – and I am certain it was stupid – that got them mad, it wasn’t pretty. Some may see being empathetically connected to magic is a great thing, but it is really just a pain in the ass. But that’s just , me ranting, I bet your wondering who Indigo and Violet are, well of course you’re not, you’re a magic mirror, but still, I feel like talking about those two millennia old toddlers, only Afer knows why.

They are some of the lesser known, and more powerful magics. Indigo magic is very closely connected to Purple and Blue magics, funny, because of its color. Indigo is the magic of divination and scrying, powerful, but impossible without a focus. The best focus is a mirror, pour enough power into a mirror and you can actually see, and sometimes even hear, events of the future, past, or far away present. The worst are dice; they are known to be imprecise. You can’t exactly tell from a roll of a die exactly when, where and how an event will take place, even a magically charged one. Personally, I like tarot cards, I feel they are the most flexible and I do like a good metaphorical connection. I am the king of wands and Erin the king of swords, but its always fun to try and figure out what card is best for another person.

Violet on the other hand, is Grey’s opposite, the magic of destruction. This is the magic for your all-consuming vortexes, your death rays, and, my personal favorite, your execrations. Violet magic is not to be confused with Purple magic, the results of such a mistake are often deadly. Violet magic can also  appear when you attempt to continue using Grey magic in a place where the Grey magic has been used up.  Violet magic is almost always destructive to both parties, the target and the caster. It requires a lot of mana and quite a few spells in the arsenal of Violet magic could just as easily kill the caster. I enjoy comparing magic to a cat, fickle, but willing to help those who treat it properly, but Violet magic is much more like a caged tiger, obeying your commands, but once it has the opportunity, it will eat you alive.

You know what? This is turning into a full blown magic lesson, so I guess I’ll talk about Artifacts. Artifacts are objects imbued with magic, seems simple, but it isn’t. While any object can be imbued with magic, a certain amount of thought must be put into material and form in order to make it an Artifact. A chamber pot is great for Black magic to create a stench, but  not for Purple magic to control entire armies, you would need a really fancy flag or crown for that. That is what separates Artifacts form simple magic items, a magic item is just an item you pushed enough power into to make it sing a song. An Artifact is a perfectly crafted receptacle for the type and effect of the magic meant to go inside it. If you attempt to create an Artifact from a chamber pot, you are probably doing something wrong. There is no limit to an Artifact’s size, entire rooms can be artifacts, in fact, a friend of mine told me about a fortress known as Headshoots which had rooms that could not be found, probably a natural Purple magic Artifact created by crisscrossed leylines.

Anyway, the issue with those two children wasted an entire day I could have spent trying to find Erin’s ghost. Honestly, between Violet’s anger issues and Indigo’s know-it-all attitude I can’t believe that those two are allowed within ten thousand feet of each other by the other magics. Then again, the other magics aren’t often much better, but never mind that, I’m tired. This is Arc, signing out of consciousness.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #808 on: February 26, 2017, 01:05:06 pm »

Weeeell..... How to say this.... We now have a very secure farm instead of a bunker.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 26, 2017, 01:07:26 pm »

Weeeell..... How to say this.... We now have a very secure farm instead of a bunker.

You made the FARM area the main zone of our fortress? What the hell did you do for that to happen? Collapse the entire aquifer breach?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 202