Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083425 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5160 on: January 23, 2017, 03:46:01 am »

Probably not what you're asking for, but in case it is:
- PSV values for elevation are translated from a range of 0-400 into a range of 0-250
- PSV values for temperature are modified by altitude and latitude (only if at least one pole is present) using formulae I only have table approximations for.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: January 23, 2017, 05:02:37 pm »

PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC does work though, and setting it to 1000 results in gm-editor showing 5000 for the attribute and 50000 for the cap, as expected.

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: January 23, 2017, 08:32:57 pm »

Just started trying to dive into dfhack scripting and was poking through the xml files for things. Is it possible to access and modify df.entities upon embark screen load? I'm not sure exactly what order DF loads things or if I'd have to mess with editing history. I would like to make a script that checks the civ level domestication status for animals and adds them to embark options if the level is Expert to get around the global limitations of the current animal training systems. Ideally this would modify the entity list of tamed animals available for embark but I'm not sure if that is only generated when USE_ANY_PET_RACE is included in the civ entity or always exists as an empty array. However before I get too far into trying to script this or figure out the relevant memory addresses, I'd like to know if I'll even be able to touch the required bits through dfhack. Apologies if this info is covered somewhere else but using google + forum search didn't net me any specific results. Thanks!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: January 24, 2017, 03:55:11 am »

Probably not what you're asking for, but in case it is:
- PSV values for elevation are translated from a range of 0-400 into a range of 0-250
- PSV values for temperature are modified by altitude and latitude (only if at least one pole is present) using formulae I only have table approximations for.

That's good to know, but I am more interested in numbers that you can change with dfhack that are still valid but outside of what you can do with just raws. I'm just not sure if there are any other numbers in items, materials, tissues, inorganics, interactions, or entities which fall under that category.

PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC does work though, and setting it to 1000 results in gm-editor showing 5000 for the attribute and 50000 for the cap, as expected.

Also good to know, but still, if you want a creature to spawn with >5000 of an attribute that is not possible without dfhack, correct?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: January 24, 2017, 11:05:04 am »

Not that I can tell.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: January 24, 2017, 12:41:12 pm »

Anyone else notice this?
Quote from: DevLog
Last, there are some random requests and promises that have accumulated (some memory address help for modders, a little bit of XML, a few priority bug fixes).

Memory address help for modders? Maybe DFHack updates will be easier in the future...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: January 24, 2017, 01:13:32 pm »

Yeah, that's exactly what that is. It came up on the forums a while back, probably in the FotF thread, although I can't find a link right now.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: January 24, 2017, 01:17:11 pm »

Well, all I can say is that faster DFHack updates (due to less work being required) will surely be a massive win for everyone.

Hopefully the data comes in a form that will be easy to generate (less work for Toady), and easy to integrate into the current DFHack update workflow.

I guess we will see...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: January 24, 2017, 02:12:20 pm »

Well, all I can say is that faster DFHack updates (due to less work being required) will surely be a massive win for everyone.

Hopefully the data comes in a form that will be easy to generate (less work for Toady), and easy to integrate into the current DFHack update workflow.

I guess we will see...

Part of the FotF discussion was here. I think the format must have been discussed on IRC or something, but I asked Toady about it, and he said he's probably going with what mifki suggested, which is a global table of name/address pairs plus a couple sentinel values so it can be located in memory easily.

It's also worth noting that we're talking about addresses, not structures. Researching structure layouts could still take a lot of time. (There was some confusion last time due to people thinking Toady was making structure layouts available.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: January 24, 2017, 03:10:49 pm »

Well, at least it will be one less thing to worry about. (too bad structure layouts aren't included...)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: January 24, 2017, 03:19:49 pm »

Structure layouts would take a massive amount of effort from Toady (that or it would require him to release headers, which he doesn't want to do). Global addresses should take a couple hours at most, assuming he can figure out discrepancies between our names and his.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #5171 on: January 24, 2017, 04:53:37 pm »

Structure layouts would take a massive amount of effort from Toady (that or it would require him to release headers, which he doesn't want to do). Global addresses should take a couple hours at most, assuming he can figure out discrepancies between our names and his.

It's not about effort, I offered to make tools to extract data structure layout automatically. But he doesn't want to disclose all of them at once; he's willing to answer questions about specific structures from time to time though.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: January 24, 2017, 08:13:46 pm »

Yeah, structure research will still be a thing, but having an export of addresses instead of having to hunt through with various tools and figure them out by hand will save a lot of time. One of the things holding back the full dfhack release this time was that the methods used to find the addresses for various globals in 32 bit versions didn't always translate easily or at all to 64 bit, requiring a much more in depth effort instead of running a debugger > doing a reliably identified action in  the 32 bit game > seeing what changes > fleshing out the structures known to be related from there.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: January 31, 2017, 06:48:30 am »

could someone tell me what is the proper syntax of a create-unit command in order to spawn a dwarf that is considered a member of the fort through a reaction? because it keeps spawning friendlies
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:51:43 am by than402 »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: January 31, 2017, 12:31:51 pm »

you probably need to change their civ ids and remove the resident flag on them if  you end up spawning friendlies
which might mean digging around the unit's data through gui/gm-editor.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 360