Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: 1000 ways to die (Also a Bogeyman !!SCIENCE!! thread)  (Read 38623 times)

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 200 ways to die
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2014, 02:07:04 am »

Mine always either run away and vanish or fight it out against the randomly-generated bogeymen before coming after me, or running away and vanishing. Gonna go out on a limb and say normal bogeymen are all part of the same creature entry and use [CRAZED]. 0 random bogeymen was the only way to get them to behave normally. I still don't know how these things work, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

216. Throwing molten science at the wall and having it ignite you when it bounces back.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2014, 02:40:37 am »

Last time I tried that,  custom bogeymen only showed up if at least one variety of rng-made bogeymen is allowed to exist. I've made two or three for myself so far.

hm this clearly requires additional !!SCIENCE!!
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2014, 02:44:17 am »

I still don't know how these things work, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

thats going in the quotes list

hm is there a thread for listing the best quotes ill have a look

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2014, 02:59:23 am »

When you look extract the draws from a save, the different varieties of boogeymen are definitely each different species. Their behavior is indeed bizarre, though.

217: performing !!SCIENCE!! on boogeymen.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2014, 02:03:09 pm »

If they're different species, how can they not attack each other but still go after my custom bogeymen? I know it can't be that they have OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, they went after the spooky scary skeletons that were very much not alive and opposed to life just as quickly as they came after me. Maybe they just don't play nice with others.

218. waiting around alone until nightfall to ask bogeymen why they're so dimicky.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2014, 02:34:51 pm »

Hm. These are the raws for a random bogeyman, it should have all the tags necessary. It doesn't seem to have any tags that would make it hostile. Some interesting things to note are that it has LARGE_PREDATOR twice, as well as possessing an attack trigger at 20 dwarves. If you added a biome to it, it might attack your fortress.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:40:59 pm by TheFlame52 »

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2014, 03:23:55 pm »

Interesting, it provides more questions than answers in the best way. I thought I'd hit a brick wall with bogeyman research, but I need to investigate this thoroughly. There's so much to this game you can't learn about from the raws, the answers may await in one of those dark corners.

219. Following the bogeymen to wherever they vanish to.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2014, 03:52:25 pm »

220. Falling anvil.
221. Carp attack.
222. Being a merperson at previous version of DF.
223. Carry a dragon head in your backpack and then facing a necromancer...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2014, 04:21:45 pm »

If you need a snapshot of any of the other corners, I have all the randomly generated raws from a whole save. Evil clouds, evil rain, FBs, titans, demons, werebeasts, night trolls, mummy interactions, necro interactions, werebeast interactions, vampire interactions, regional interactions, the works.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2014, 04:54:22 pm »

That would help immensely, but I'd love to know how to view all of the data from a world save, including the the randomly generated data. In addition to bogeymen, I've been trying to track down where the data stored for adventurer units is held.

224. A necromancer animates the (vanilla, unedited)dragon that somehow ended up being made of nothing you were carrying around in your backpack. The one you could only kill by strangling, animated by the necromancy that removes the need to breath from its victims.

225. Being a (vanilla, unedited)dragon made of nothing, enjoying your invincibility when all attacks pass through you, decimating all in your path with dragonfire because you yourself cannot physically harm others, and then getting choked out by an adventurer who managed to grab you by your intangible throat.

226. Through beyond-super willpower, the highest magics, and copy-paste art, tearing through the fabric of space and time to manifest in another world, only to appear under a mountain of solid gabbro.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2014, 05:14:31 pm »

Oh, you managed to get your adventurer into another world? How did you do it?

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2014, 05:20:43 pm »

I didn't, but I want to. Part of why I'm trying to figure out how to view all of the data for a world folder. #226 is just what I imagine could go wrong if I get to that step.

227. Having a breakdown of communication with your 'recruited' megabeast companion(forgetting to use tweak makeown before forcing it to become a companion)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2014, 03:07:12 am »

228 coming across a giant cave spider in a cave in the ground without any warning until its to late
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:12:46 am by tuypo1 »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2014, 08:31:50 am »

229 getting eaten by the Great Frozen maw out in the ocean from trying to climb past it's barriers..

I did this using minecarts to scale up one zlevel but once climbing gets added in I bet folks will think they will survive the arctic seas and then horribly die when it collapse directly under them and refreezing. hell I built a jumping minecart to jump over gaps and it still ate my character the same way.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2014, 01:41:52 pm »

230. Grizzly bear attack!
231. Traps at the tomb.
232. Giant Dingo attack!
233. Winged Octopus-Headed green Demon.
234. Having "charge" at your combat preferences and fighting with a Hydra.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19