Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6778 6779 [6780] 6781 6782 ... 8157

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8816999 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101685 on: February 08, 2016, 01:15:19 am »

My alcohol is all gone and sobriety is slipping back in.
Damn, I hate it when that happens.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #101686 on: February 08, 2016, 02:42:18 am »

I got asked what I want to do for a living...
My answer, as always, was "Have a big pile of money. Like Scrooge Mcduck. Just bathe in it."

I don't even know what I would do with the money. Probably give it away. I have no aspirations and no motivation to do anything. No hopes or dreams for the future... Nothing.

Why should I do anything when I can lay around and feel like trash full-time and get almost the same amount of enjoyment?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101687 on: February 08, 2016, 03:11:05 am »

Because the more intelligent, educated people that help the world's more worthy causes, the better?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #101688 on: February 08, 2016, 03:42:30 am »

I think were I to have a fortune I would spend my life in full-time education, taking the summers to travel. Take music lessons, learn languages, though to be fair I have already started on the music and language front, but it's still expensive, heh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101689 on: February 08, 2016, 04:03:30 am »

If I had a fortune I'd probably invest it and give away any returns I didn't need to live on.

I don't even know what I would do with the money. Probably give it away. I have no aspirations and no motivation to do anything. No hopes or dreams for the future... Nothing.
Hi, me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101690 on: February 08, 2016, 04:30:22 am »

If I had a fortune I would start investing in businesses. I mean, I already can do it, but I don't really have the financial security for it to be worth my while at this point in my life. I'm not really looking to make more money though. I'm just looking to break even or even less so long as I have a comfortable and luxurious life. And comfortable doesn't even mean hookers and blackjacks, I just mean being able to eat healthy and do normal adult things without getting broke every now and then. I just want to be productive, and I want to help others be productive.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:32:09 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101691 on: February 08, 2016, 04:53:53 am »

[...]
The idea under the 12-16th words of that last sentence seems to be a major influence on everything else written. :-\

Though that does remind me of me a long time ago, maybe a possible answer could be 'understanding' the obstacles you've/people've current got and set that as a life goal? :O Doing that helped me understand why I felt like I've got no aspirations or motivation to do stuffs.

I just want to be productive, and I want to help others be productive.
Wish I had that thinking back in the day ._. Or...being able to type that out. Inspiration is contagious if it affects what stops it.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101692 on: February 08, 2016, 05:06:10 am »

4 AM, still not started homework.

God, I'm such a shitty student.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101693 on: February 08, 2016, 06:12:03 am »

Man, I sure love dreams about perfectly normal things that I'll never be able to achieve. Waking up to realise it was just a dream and I'm still asocial and useless.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101694 on: February 08, 2016, 06:23:31 am »

Man, I sure love dreams about perfectly normal things that I'll never be able to achieve. Waking up to realise it was just a dream and I'm still asocial and useless.
I can relate :-(

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101695 on: February 08, 2016, 07:15:12 am »

boy I sure do enjoy being dragged along to a gathering of your friends I don't know and watching you get drunk for ten fucking hours straight waiting to get home and then you go to sleep at their house instead. There certainly aren't better ways to spend my time. It's not like you could've told me beforehand that you intended to sleep over and thus let me know that it'd be okay to go home at some point instead of making me wait until 4 in the damn morning.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101696 on: February 08, 2016, 07:39:03 am »

Bohandas is gone. ; _ ;

(It was inevitable.)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101697 on: February 08, 2016, 07:40:06 am »

I have class in an hour. Still not done with homework, still a shitty student. Wheeeeee.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #101698 on: February 08, 2016, 08:50:57 am »

I have class in an hour. Still not done with homework, still a shitty student. Wheeeeee.
Eh, diligence is overrated anyways. :v

Also dangit mom's caught a flu and bro' has caught it as well, so we're 2 out of 4 down in the house. Dad's at work for most of the afternoon, so i'm currently the only non-sick person in the house, and it's a fucking miracle that it hasn't jumped on me yet. Chances of catching flu: VERY HIGH. Desire to catch flu: NONE.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #101699 on: February 08, 2016, 09:22:36 am »

Solution: Hide further underneath Mr. Hatfish. He's an obliging fellow, I hear.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6778 6779 [6780] 6781 6782 ... 8157