Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2031810 times)

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9300 on: December 11, 2015, 02:30:58 am »

But how should the game improve your ability to swim, if you cross the river by using the travel map.

Does it not improve your sneaking and tracking when you do those things on the travel map?  I'm not sure, but I thought it did.

In fact, it does.
But these two are abilities which you could describe as binary. Either you use them or not.
Swimming on the other hand has a chance to fail.
Simulating drowning in a one-tile-travel-map-location wouldn't be as successfull (compared to the stat gain by actually trying to survive in a 5 tile wide river) as swimming by yourself.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9301 on: December 11, 2015, 03:11:48 am »

I started a bar fight with an axedwarf. Just punching him in the stomach over and over.

I accidentally too much. Help.

EDIT: I murdered everyone in the tavern to cover my tracks and took a bath. No one suspects a thing.

Christ, what does it take to punch someone hard enough to make their lower body explode? Aside from striking a pressure point ala Kenshiro or using a Stand I really don't see what can do that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: December 11, 2015, 03:30:48 am »

Sheer repetition, if my experience gibbing hydras is any indication. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9303 on: December 11, 2015, 04:48:24 am »

I guess that's what happens if you pump up your strength values to max.
you get characters who could explode a man by punching.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #9304 on: December 11, 2015, 04:52:02 am »

But how should the game improve your ability to swim, if you cross the river by using the travel map.

Does it not improve your sneaking and tracking when you do those things on the travel map?  I'm not sure, but I thought it did.

In fact, it does.
But these two are abilities which you could describe as binary. Either you use them or not.
Swimming on the other hand has a chance to fail.
Simulating drowning in a one-tile-travel-map-location wouldn't be as successfull (compared to the stat gain by actually trying to survive in a 5 tile wide river) as swimming by yourself.

It could just use a system where if your swimming is adequate or above (removing the chance of randomly floundering), you can cross one-tile rivers, otherwise you have to come out of travel mode.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9305 on: December 11, 2015, 06:42:28 am »

Christ, what does it take to punch someone hard enough to make their lower body explode? Aside from striking a pressure point ala Kenshiro or using a Stand I really don't see what can do that.
Well I mean, I DID punch him there at least eight times in a row. And I have high strength compounded with recent vampirism. But I'm still pretty sure I've done similar feats like this before. This might even be an opportune way to kill someone, considering it doesn't raise much of a fuss, doesn't involve the enemy drawing their weapons and shields, and generally poses little threat to your own health.

I do like how, in the split second between my fist making contact and his stomach exploding, he managed to go "OH IT'S ON" and pull out his sword and shield before dying an instant death.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: December 11, 2015, 06:58:25 am »

so had to test this but due to spiders lack of Fear glands to make up for either poison or being adorable they are completely immune to bogeymen VANILLA WISE.

Single Spider Bards can walk freely out at night alone with no instant fear of professional tiny murderers.
that said that just leaves you open to the other night killer... Nature and being murdered by roaming goblin bards packing Crossbows.
I mean like that's a plus.

edit: okay YOU CAN PICK UP SPIDERWEBS and convert them into thread now.
2016 : year of the spider

edit: wander into a hilltop and this Dwarf expedition leader attack me.
I try to calm the person down but he spoke no word and continue to charge head on at me.
said person was naked. Elina was the dwarf name

sooooooo I broke all his limbs pinch his tongue out and try to escape.
dwarf came back with everything mostly healed up outside of the now missing tongue
then I did this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the expedition leader finally gave up and as celebration for new found peace a song.

Now this is a new world where I think goblins rule over so everyone was acting goblinly as hell. also might have murdered bigfoot.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:37:20 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: December 11, 2015, 10:49:47 am »

I guess that's what happens if you pump up your strength values to max.
you get characters who could explode a man by punching.
I've managed to do that before. Wrestled a cap off of someone, punched him once and he died. One Punch Dwarf.

In my adventure, I am playing as a plump helmet man. Despite being made out of food, they can get hungry. Despite having no mouth, they can eat, drink and vomit.
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: December 11, 2015, 10:52:21 am »

Whaaaat.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: December 11, 2015, 10:59:20 am »

How would someone even do this with just their bare hands? What.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: December 11, 2015, 11:03:35 am »

How would someone even do this with just their bare hands? What.

Same way dwarves in fortress mode do. Which I assume involves using their beards as an all-purpose tool, since they can do damn near anything without tools.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9311 on: December 11, 2015, 01:03:13 pm »

webimmune spiderfolks can walk into a web and pick up the thread.
like I think it's a new thing in adventure mode now.
"To all that go bump in the night, if you have eight limbs you're alright."
so bark scorpion men jumping spider men brown recluse spider men all have
Code: [Select]
[NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOSTUN][NOFEAR]
[NOBONES]

some bugs seem to have natural 15 climber like the thirps so playing as them means you can skip sleep fly anywhere and cling onto any wall also the louse.
but bogeymen will punch you to death then leave your corpse for the spiders and scorpions.
This also means one could if their EVIL and Sadistic wound a person just enough and wait til night fall and watch the bogeymen pick apart the victim alive, while performing a song/dance and retelling how they got assaulted by bogeymen.

oh yeah one of the many express emotions bit is your character can show deep grief and sadness seeing a bogeyman die.
adventure mode has your adventurers reacting to stuff if you check the talk dialog options.
"body swapping and YOU!"

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: December 11, 2015, 01:36:06 pm »

Extravision does not grant particularly great sight-range.  My BSM didn't have a noticeably better view distance than any other character.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9313 on: December 11, 2015, 03:13:35 pm »

Well, it's official.

Massive screenshot collage alert:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm sorely disappointed that doing that never prompted an era change.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: December 11, 2015, 03:16:22 pm »

This also means one could if their EVIL and Sadistic wound a person just enough and wait til night fall and watch the bogeymen pick apart the victim alive, while performing a song/dance and retelling how they got assaulted by bogeymen.

This!
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 1104