Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002213 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6750 on: December 14, 2013, 04:25:41 pm »

Yes. To all of them.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: December 14, 2013, 04:37:56 pm »

Syndromes cannot stack except for CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION.
I've tested it with strength increases in the arena, at least - a curse that increased strength and provided an interaction that also increased strength. Unless the UI lied to me, both increased strength.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: December 15, 2013, 07:10:34 am »

Is it possible to make ranged weapons fire different ammo than things like arrows and bolts? I kind of want to make a gun that fires serrated discs.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: December 15, 2013, 08:59:10 am »

As long as the [RANGED:skill:something] token on the weapon matches up with the [CLASS:something] on the ammunition, the sky's the limit. You can't make them shoot actual pieces of furniture and trap components, no.

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: December 15, 2013, 03:35:12 pm »

I'm having a lot of trouble getting a reaction using a component that's obtained via [ITEMCORPSE] to work.

The reaction is straightforward:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SANCTIFYBLOCK]
   [NAME:SANCTIFY BLOCK]
   [BUILDING:GRAVEFORGE:CUSTOM_C]
   [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:ARMOK]
   [PRODUCT:100:5:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:ARMOKBONE]
   [SKILL:BUTCHER]

It's using these two materials:
[INORGANIC:DWARFBONE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Dwarf Bone][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:0][TILE:131][REACTION_CLASS:ARMOK]
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:11440]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2600]

[INORGANIC:ARMOKBONE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Sanctified Bone][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:0][TILE:131]
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:11440]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2600]

The blocks are attained from this tag in creature_standard:
[ITEMCORPSE:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:DWARFBONE]
The problem is that when a dwarf dies and turns into a block the block is put into the corpse stockpile instead of the block stockpile and it cannot be used in the reaction at all. If I create a block using dfhack it works fine, but the ones dropped by ITEMCORPSE don't work. I think there's some hidden tagging going on, but I can't figure out how to remove it.

I've also tried adding these tags to dwarves in entity_default:
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]

Do you guys have any idea what I can do to fix this or workaround it? I just need a straightforward way to get building materials out of a dead dwarf in a stable and repeatable fashion.
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: December 15, 2013, 03:51:17 pm »

New Question: Does adding NOEAT reset the hunger-timer on a creature? Lets say a creature is starving, and I add NOEAT for one tick, is it still starving afterwards?

EDIT2: Tested it. It seems not to work. After the ticks run out, the creature is back to starving.
I didn't find any newer instances of NOEAT in the thread, so I assume this hasn't been answered yet.

Creatures that are 'natively' NOEAT can be given a self-targeting interaction that strips them of the tag, and when the timer runs out on the interaction-inflicted syndrome their hunger goes away. Testing on this has been somewhat wonky for me. With a lengthy three-month gap between reversion to NOEAT, I've observed a dwarf reaching the vermin-hunting stage and being able to revert back to NOEAT (though this doesn't cancel the vermin-hunting task), but then starving before they can revert a second time. This is likely because they used up all their fat stores during the first three months, and were given no opportunity to replenish themselves.

One observation made: started at ~500,000 fat, died at somewhere between 200,000 and 250,000 fat. Fat count decreased steadily most of the time, but dropped suddenly about half way through. Dwarves with NOEAT and no interactions given to them also showed the same steady decrease. Possible that the syndromed dwarf suffered an unobserved second sudden fat loss that dropped their fat store to 0. I'll need to standardise dwarven fat stores before doing any more fooling around with switching NOEAT off and on.

NODRINK is much easier to work with, as dwarves deprived of liquid will keel over at the same time regardless of their physical makeup. The following syndrome will keep a NODRINK creature running for at least a year, though they'll spend a lot of time thirsty or dehydrated and may or may not die of dehydration if the wait period elapses just as they go to sleep.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This means nothing if NODRINK can be turned on and off with no side effects, and if you knew that already.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: December 16, 2013, 04:11:45 am »

Has anyone made a LATIN language file?
._.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: December 16, 2013, 07:01:04 am »

Has anyone made a LATIN language file?

I did a file search in the old mods folder of my DF archives and, interestingly enough... I did find a language_LATIN.txt file. I found it inside the "YAFM-raws 0.1c.zip" file. It's the raws to the "Yet Another Flavor Mod", which can be downloaded here.

That said, it's for the old 0.31.18 version. I'm not sure if it would need updating.

I did a bit more searching and found this. Apparently, the old Genesis Mod also had something like this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:02:42 am by Thundercraft »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: December 16, 2013, 10:28:43 am »

Thank you for your excellent work. Now I can (probably) make a Roman Castellum!
._.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: December 16, 2013, 02:09:50 pm »

As long as the [RANGED:skill:something] token on the weapon matches up with the [CLASS:something] on the ammunition, the sky's the limit. You can't make them shoot actual pieces of furniture and trap components, no.

You could, however, make an item that's basically identical to a serrated disk that your weapon can fire.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: December 16, 2013, 04:32:20 pm »

The multiple attacks in one strike are restricted to traps, though.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: December 16, 2013, 08:19:25 pm »

I'm having trouble creating custom bodyparts,namely ones made of metal. Could someone take me through the motions?
Thanks.  ;)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: December 16, 2013, 08:29:18 pm »

You don't need to make custom body parts to make them out of metal; what you want are custom body detail plans.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: December 16, 2013, 08:42:44 pm »

You don't need to make custom body parts to make them out of metal; what you want are custom body detail plans.

And how do we do that,pray tell?  :P
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: December 16, 2013, 09:03:26 pm »

b_detail_plan_default tells you pretty handily
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 544