Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3860890 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: The Wall of Remembrance Grows
« Reply #16920 on: November 15, 2013, 07:42:48 pm »

((Amps need line of sight, but manipulators do not I believe, as you are inputting coordinates.))
((I thought I heard something about sensing with the amps. Ah well. We'll find out soon enough.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16921 on: November 15, 2013, 07:46:22 pm »

((Ah, that's right. He has the same sensors a Ghostship has. I have no idea how they work, what their range is, and what they can and cannot sense, so yeah. We are so fucked.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16922 on: November 15, 2013, 08:39:25 pm »

((Do note that those sensors only really provide awareness of what's around him. So, he'll be nearby, and likely with a LOS anyways (sensors vs. thick metal wreckage? I doubt the sensors win.)))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: November 15, 2013, 09:25:19 pm »

((So... do we have a plan? I mean, even as far as what weapons are capable of inconveniencing him?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: November 15, 2013, 09:52:19 pm »

((Amps need line of sight, but manipulators do not I believe, as you are inputting coordinates.))
((I thought I heard something about sensing with the amps. Ah well. We'll find out soon enough.))
((No, you don't need LOS for amps, you just need to know where something is, as evidenced by Jim when he set a couch on fire in the serial killer mission despite being outside the house.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16925 on: November 15, 2013, 09:54:10 pm »

((No, you don't need LOS for amps, you just need to know where something is, as evidenced by Jim when he set a couch on fire in the serial killer mission despite being outside the house.))
((Which is why I'm bemused that no one ever seems to use the turret or other people's view feeds to aim their attacks from a safe distance.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16926 on: November 15, 2013, 09:55:46 pm »

((Which is why I'm bemused that no one ever seems to use the turret or other people's view feeds to aim their attacks from a safe distance.))
((Because that's not the MANLY option of course.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16927 on: November 15, 2013, 10:19:35 pm »

((Also hitting a door close button from the elevator shaft a few floors up in Mission 8.  As long as you know where the target area is, the amps work.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: November 15, 2013, 10:24:50 pm »

((Does a gauss rifle count as heavy ordnance?))
((Did it have its guts ripped out to make an electrolaser? If not, it's a ton heavier than what Grate has.))

((I'd imagine that there's a penalty, since you're not quite sure where it is in relation to you.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: November 15, 2013, 10:42:55 pm »

((Actually im thinking that sticking around after looting michael might be a bad idea... HMRC personnell armed with space magic fighting in a small tunnel...

I dont fancy our survival chances if someone overloads a manipulator...))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:52:48 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: November 16, 2013, 01:08:39 am »

((Does a gauss rifle count as heavy ordnance?))
((Did it have its guts ripped out to make an electrolaser? If not, it's a ton heavier than what Grate has.))
((No, it didn't. Ask and ye shall receive, Anton has both another weapon, and an MFM to keep him armed.))
((I'd imagine that there's a penalty, since you're not quite sure where it is in relation to you.))
((Unless you know the area inside and out, and have perfect recollection of where the camera is and how it is pointing, just seeing the target on a screen won't help you much. You're more likely to accidentally attack the screen, and even with perfect aim your attack will be off target.

Which is why I'm setting up a special "LOS Relay" drone, that feeds precise coordinates relative to the manipulator to the user. ^_^))
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:10:56 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: November 16, 2013, 04:04:19 am »

((Manipulator or amp?  If it's an amp, it was probably scrambled along with your brain.

Also Auron is there and he has a looting fetish, so he'll probably grab it for you.))
(( He had manipulators. A magnetic and a microwave. Loot away, beware of spikes ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: November 16, 2013, 04:23:48 am »

((By the way, just letting ya'll know that stuff looted from teammates goes into the 'reward fund' at the end of the mission, just like the leftover token budget and other loot. Again, just so that people who are lucky enough to come on at the right time (e.g. around when PW does post) aren't always advantaged. That said, said people might get first pick among that loot, or get an extra token if getting that stuff held any danger, or other circumstances. If PW is still planning on letting us divide the payouts ourselves, of course.

Yes, I know it's impossible to remove all the potential unfairness regarding timezones or availability to post, but still, let's at least try to keep it somewhat fair.))

((So... do we have a plan? I mean, even as far as what weapons are capable of inconveniencing him?))

((We were trying to lay an ambush for him to take him by surprise, but since we were forced to go after him that wasn't a real option anymore. Now that we found him we could try to lay down a rudimentary trap, but that might be to little to late depending on where he is exactly. We know he laughs at conventional weapons and that he is extremely good at defending himself, even from other amps/manips. Check here for when the first Amper battle started, it'll give you all the intell we have.))
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:34:27 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: November 16, 2013, 07:25:22 am »

((We were trying to lay an ambush for him to take him by surprise, but since we were forced to go after him that wasn't a real option anymore. Now that we found him we could try to lay down a rudimentary trap, but that might be to little to late depending on where he is exactly. We know he laughs at conventional weapons and that he is extremely good at defending himself, even from other amps/manips. Check here for when the first Amper battle started, it'll give you all the intell we have.))
((Ah, thanks. That's very informative. How'd you learn that he might be alive, though?

As for taking him on... yeesh. I'll have to think about that a bit.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16934 on: November 16, 2013, 09:51:47 am »

"What in the six degrees of freedom is happening down there? I thought the guy moved off!"

Send LOS-drone down into the hole. Use its mapping sensors to feel out the underground space and maybe see if there's a crevice the Amper could be hiding himself in, and/or any other interesting points.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1256