_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5778996 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Don't poke the arch-demon.
« Reply #12000 on: February 18, 2013, 12:23:13 am »

((Wunderbar!

My two questions were the one about what happens if we get 10+ missions, like if we would be allowed out of the prison area, and the one about getting more truely "alien" missions.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12001 on: February 18, 2013, 12:31:18 am »

((You...You have a pipe in that picture, may I start a cult for you?))

You say that like I don't already have one

(( I like your style, good sir.  8) It certainly complements the image of you your jests aimed at us, puny mortals, create and makes clear for everyone who sees you that this particular person knows full well the true meaning of Fun. And that running away from him screaming might actually be a good idea.))
Maurice half-smiled at the little lady who stood next to him, but said nothing and turned to answer the Armory Master's question instead.
Yes. ... Yes, I do. Yet if the same happens on a mission, a whole bunch of good people might die because of that, and I'd rather die now, than let them down then and there.
Accept the training offer. 'Tis a fine day to get mindfucked to death.
((@GM There are a couple of missed actions, I believe, namely Lenglon's and Empiricist's, but I'll proceed as if they were carried out. ))

That would be very kind of you, thank you very much. Should we start now, or wait until later? I'm probably as good as I'll ever be.
upon hearing this, move to stand adjacent to him, facing the AM. assume my best 4-foot-librarian version of the military "at ease" position. attempt to make and maintain eye contact with the AM without moving from that position.
"You realize where you're going, you may not be coming back, right?"
Maurice half-smiled at the little lady who stood next to him, but said nothing and turned to answer the Armory Master's question instead.
Yes. ... Yes, I do. Yet if the same happens on a mission, a whole bunch of good people might die because of that, and I'd rather die now, than let them down then and there.
Accept the training offer. 'Tis a fine day to get mindfucked to death.
((@GM There are a couple of missed actions, I believe, namely Lenglon's and Empiricist's, but I'll proceed as if they were carried out. ))
nod once
((although my quoted above action was missed, it's pretty easy to run with it))

"Both of you eh? Fine. I'm gonna use a trick I made up during my time in the Corps. Find your way out and you'll be better men for it. Don't, and you'll be comatose. Take a deep breath and turn around."

Both men do as they're told and find themselves confronted with an infinite black abyss as they turn to look behind them. They turn back and the armory master is gone. She and everything else have been replaced with infinite darkness and a single metal door.

"Ok. Well. Thats a thing."

thank the armory master for the program, dim my visor until i cant see then activate the echolocation display.
Walk back to the rec room and behold the spectacle in weird electric blue greyscale vision.
If ivan attacks the guy with the beer undim my vision and shoot ivan in as many eyes as possible,
If ivan does not attack try to find something i can modify and attach to my faceplate as armor.

The Echolocation system works pretty well. It's can't render in that great of detail-everyone's faces look sort of blurred and softened- but it's definitely good enough for anything barring reading and portrait sketching . Considering Ivan isn't attacking right now, you decide to wander over to the food station and ducttape a metal food tray to your head.

"I AM THE BLACK KNIGHT!"

Victor asks the Doctor "What turned that HMRC member into a demonic cidada? Should we try to retrieve a flesh sample if we have to kill it?"
He checks his wristpad every so often to check up on Ivan through his turret unit.

Sorry, guess I missed ya last turn, but the doctor isn't anywhere you could get to him. He's in the back of the Infirmary. Though I guess you could message him. Also, firing that gun of yours at Ivan when everyone is standing around him is gonna end very poorly.

((Well, that could have been better. Could have been worse though, so can't complain. Also, the hand laser battery is only good for 50 seconds anyways - I never got around to feeding it off the generator - so unless this means that the generator just cuts out periodically, and may fizzle out unexpectedly during firing, I think I'm good for now. Still, it's cause for some rebuilding later.))

Anton frowns at the generator. In his experience, little flaws like these never meant anything good in the long run. He looks the unit over thoughtfully for a while, then sets it aside with a sigh. "Well, nothing to it for now. First pancake is always spoiled, as they say. Now, let's get the rest of this hooked up.."

As he sets to work on the laser glove and spark gap assembly, Anton speaks out into the air, talking to Steve.
"Steve, I was wondering. This... Ivan, the mutant. On a scale of "scared little girl" to "main battle tank", how susceptible would you say he is to electric shock?" He stops for a moment and looks up, again looking for something to speak at. "I'd just like to know whether I should shoot on sight or run and hide, if you know what I mean."

Examine generator to see if it can be later remade without requiring more parts.

Consult the saved schematic and continue assembly of the Red Hand.

Converse with Steve.

You don't think you'd be able to fix this generator without tearing out some of the parts and trying again. Oh well.
[handi:4+1]
You get the Red hand up and running perfectly. Neato.

>I've been giving him fatal level shocks for the last 3 days. I think he's just immune to it.

Add in some random Team Members based on records of them, set them to be allied with me.
Practice a few more rounds.
Try to emphasize use of Psychokinetic Amp

In that case it turns out as such:

In open combat; that is to say just straight shooting without cover, you and your Amp corps get murdered. However, when cover is involved your corps hold a distinct and almost universal advantage and winning streak. It seems that the natural inclination to seek cover does not protect them from your mental burninating.

"Alright. Thats good. Now, I know you have a kill switch. They wouldn't let you run around without one. Can you activate it?"

Open beer, take a sip, then pass it to the demon.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way."
Ivan looks at the bottle in confusion and tries to take it. His claws pass straight through it like it was air and bits of sliced glass tinkle to the ground. His wings beat a few times as he looks at the mess on the floor.

Keep on being ready and analyzing.

That armor he's wearing certainly isn't normal either. It's molecular structure is odd and constantly in flux. It looks like it's flowing slowly.

((Is this okay, or should I build something more conventional?

Name:  Vichislav (Vich) Freidberg (Thanks Toaster and others.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Appearance: 1.97m. For the most part, a pretty ordinary appearance of a person who had good nutrition in the childhood, and [I am very bad at writing physical descriptions].
       Facial appearance: It can still be seen that his was once it was a good-looking face. That was before his lips and his nose were cut off. His ears were cut to half their original size. To add to all this, he is missing both of his eyes, which by the scars of his face look like they burned out with hot iron. He emits a constant clicking sound from his mouth as he walks, stopping only in conversations. He can lift his scalp at will.

Personal information:
Reason assigned to HMRC: Volunteer

Strength:
Dexterity:
Endurance:
Charisma:   10
Intelligence:
Willpower:   
(10 points TBD when mission starts)

Speech: 3
Auxiliary systems: 1
[1 point TBD]

Retired Spy (Grunt): +1 Speech, -1 Conventional Weapons   [+2 against torture?]
  Unique features: Blind, visual parts of brain damaged, moves by echolocation and has an MK system built for it.

Well, here's my first character. Very unsuited for HMRC. I don't think he will last long))

Natural Echolocation huh? Well, I'll allow it, but keep in mind that while natural human echolocation actually exists, it's very limited. You're no Daredevil.

((@Thearpox: As a note, I don't think piecewise has allowed anyone to start with unique features and/or bonuses. He did allow Simus to start with prosthetics, for example, but only because they were civilian ones and still sent pain impulses to her brain.))

I allow unique features as long as they provide no real, major bonuses. Being blind and getting around via clicking isn't gonna be very helpful in a firefight. Or reading anything. It has it's advantages, sure, but they're relatively minor, like simus's anti-bleeding.

Unique features: Blind, sensory parts of brain damaged, moves by echolocation and has an MK system built for it.
((Thearpox, I was talking about the [+2 against torture] and also the fact that if sensory parts of brain damage means he can't feel pain, you'd be taking away much of the GM's fun.))
By sensory I assumed he meant "Visual" but if he's asking to be pain immune then...well maybe. If you're straight human then pain immunity is a terrible thing. That combined with blindness means he's gonna walk into something sharp and disembowel himself without even noticing.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: February 18, 2013, 01:09:49 am »

By sensory I assumed he meant "Visual" but if he's asking to be pain immune then...well maybe. If you're straight human then pain immunity is a terrible thing. That combined with blindness means he's gonna walk into something sharp and disembowel himself without even noticing.
((Something sharp, like Ivan. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: February 18, 2013, 01:15:31 am »

((@piecewise: gender reminder: female))
minimize all movement in any direction.

take off shoes, close eyes, focus on the feeling of the ground under me. clap my hands together once, as hard as i can. focus on the pain and slight numbness that results. continue to focus on raw sensations, the feeling of breathing, etc, in sequence. first touch, then smell, then taste (lick one finger), then sound (clap again), and finally re-open eyes and attempt to reorient myself with my actual physical location on the ship.

if that doesn't work, try the entire process a second time, if the second try doesn't work, turn towards Maurice and shrug.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: February 18, 2013, 01:23:30 am »

Unique features: Blind, sensory parts of brain damaged, moves by echolocation and has an MK system built for it.
((Thearpox, I was talking about the [+2 against torture] and also the fact that if sensory parts of brain damage means he can't feel pain, you'd be taking away much of the GM's fun.))
actually there's a rare neurological disorder some people have (i think you have to be born with it) where their body registers harmful stimuli but it doesn't bother them, it tends to stunt the affected persons empathy/sympathy due to pain being a major factor in the development of those emotions but yeah... could be worth having...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:25:06 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: February 18, 2013, 01:28:48 am »

((Thanks for the replies!  I've heard up to my questions, which the last of mine being the first in part two.

If you care:

))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: February 18, 2013, 01:41:55 am »

Bite my lower lip (note: don't try biting it off, though). If that (predictably) fails to do anything, slowly lower myself onto the spot I'm standing on without any extra movement sideways. Lick the "ground".
(( The helmet should be off and worn on my belt, I believe, as I specified earlier. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: February 18, 2013, 03:08:33 am »

Or if you want a normal name, this.))

((I asked it to give me a rapper name, middle name and surname. It gave me "Li'l Papa Mobb Funk King Rock". Next it gave me "Fresh-X Vanilla-E Fly-X". Finally, it provided the name "Master Chillin' Fat Money Flava-T". And if you add "Fairy" to the categories, it can give you stuff like "Fresh Rock Gentlenose Dazzlering".

In short, I love it.))
((Ooh, selecting both Witch and Fairy gives such gems as Blackfist Twinkleflower or Clearcloud Nightweed. Kind of that unpleasant but still fairy feel that I like.

Throwing Transformers in there also gave me Bubblescream Silverbeam. I love this thing.))

ER TALK: Still shitty, still stupid

Three parts.
http://www.mediafire.com/?w7ms8mm1bej58sr
http://www.mediafire.com/?9mc15x12p543t9d
http://www.mediafire.com/?scstcbbcv536xxo
((Also excellent, but I've no time to listen to it at the moment. I think I submitted 2-3 questions, but the only one I remember at the moment was "Tell me about synthflesh."))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: February 18, 2013, 04:10:47 am »

actually there's a rare neurological disorder some people have (i think you have to be born with it) where their body registers harmful stimuli but it doesn't bother them, it tends to stunt the affected persons empathy/sympathy due to pain being a major factor in the development of those emotions but yeah... could be worth having...
((Yup, yup. Sensory cortex. And I'm not sure what you mean by "natural". It took three background years to learn it, and several more to really get it going. And I'm thinking this level at least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpxEmD0gu0Q
And for the action, grrrrrrrr... Must focus, must not go to sleep...))

"Hello? Anyone? How much time was I in stasis?"
Wake up. Take a look around. Sense the obvious box with clothing in front of me. Get dressed. Are the letters on it, and on the walls in-depth, or are they flat in which case I cannot see them?

Edit: As for the neurological disorder, read "The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo" trilogy. Significant character has that. Great work.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: February 18, 2013, 04:35:45 am »

Oh... i saw it on criminal minds... yay for confirmation
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: February 18, 2013, 05:52:26 am »

Victor will not open fire unless Ivan starts attacking other people. Victor will not open fire if someone other than Ivan is within the kill zone. If Ivan does become aggressive and THEN attempts to attack the turret, Victor will detonate the magazine at the last possible moment.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: February 18, 2013, 08:24:22 am »

Continue analyzing and being ready. Not much else to do with the Ivan threat/thread looming. Try to find a way to minimize potential damage to Ivan's possessions. (What?)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: February 18, 2013, 08:33:42 am »

move away from everyone elses line of fire, again with the blinding if ivan attacks and again with the duct tape and food tray if he does not.

I want samples of ivans genetic structure so damn bad... if we kill him by accident i call bagsies on his left arm

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: February 18, 2013, 08:49:39 am »

Who is Ivan? Is he one of of the convicts like me? And about the fast part, is there anyway to enhace one's body to become faster and stronger without changing much? I saw a girl in a simulations, I believe it was Faith, and she was incredibly fast and strong there. I am pretty sure that she hadn't any mechanical or mutant parts.

Ask that while getting ready to go to where Ivan is. Search the place where he is by reading the mood of the people and after getting there, try to think about a good way of killing him, sending the Doc the following message:

Can you tell me what is the best way to kill an Altered?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: February 18, 2013, 08:57:54 am »

Anton smiled to himself, calmly proud of his creation, but Steve's remark quickly made him frown. "You have been applying shocks to him? In what way, via an implant?"

He rubs his chin with his free hand and furrows his brow, thinking out loud. "Hmm. An implant can't have too much power and remain compact. It doesn't need to, since it applies it directly to the nerves, but... three days? Is it even still functioning? Where does it get power? It could probably absorb and store energy from the surrounding muscles, but can it convert raw electricity?" Anton gets up, fitting the Red Hand onto his right arm and addressing Steve.

"Steve? If, theoretically, a powerful electric charge were to be delivered to the vicinity of Ivan's shock implant, would it just fry the device, or could it be possible to deliver an electric shock in excess of the implant's maximum "fatal" charge? Last I heard, nerves still worked using electricity. He may have built up a resistance, but he can't be completely immune." Anton checks the safety on the gauntlet, and flexes his right hand, clenching it into a fist. "It's always possible to overpower a resistance."

((Can't use VR until Ivan is gone, so formulate plans of attack it is. It's pretty obvious there's no "defense" here, the AM won't interfere unless it "gets out of hand", and by then most of us will be at least temp-dead. Since all I got is a hammer, might as well fashion the problem into a nail.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 2101