_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 [1611] 1612 1613 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5785297 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24150 on: April 07, 2014, 01:17:45 pm »

Any friend of Nik's is a friend of ours.
Hear hear

It's just a laser, as far as you can tell. Draws from the Avatar power source though, so thats nice.
There are the standard laser options such as diffusion, intensity and this one also appears to have a "Pulse" feature that will cause it to fire for X amount of time with each trigger pull.
Neato, that saves me a couple of tokens.

How much would a pair or mechanical arms with fingers at the end that can be controlled remotely cost? Basically, I'd put them on a finger when Miya needs to manipulate something small like a computer keyboard or a gaping chest wound. Also, would using these require an aux roll, and would this roll be on top of whatever roll required for what I'm trying to do (e.g. aux roll for manipulating the arms, and then another aux roll for using the computer).

Next to this, how much would it additionally cost if these arms were mounted on a small wheeled/tracked vehicle (like those radio controlled toys, but with two long arms for manipulating stuff)?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24151 on: April 07, 2014, 01:41:19 pm »

((Huh, how come the suit and everything could only be sold for half the price if they are still new, undamaged and fully charged/in full amount?))
I see. If I recall correctly, those aren't free, unlike vanilla cigarettes?
Anyway, thank you for the advice. By any chance, do you know how well the defense of Hephaestus has fared so far? What is your opinion of the tactical decisions taken both in preparation for it and in its course? Are the ARM up to the task?
Maurice smiled warmly as he asked.
Socialize.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24152 on: April 07, 2014, 01:43:14 pm »

You need any explanation of what the hell is going on or you ready to jump in?
((Nah, I'm good. I have been given some links to the wiki already. I guess I can act now?))
Get clothing and the computer from the bin. Put everything on.
Check computer with little interest.

Meh.
Proceed to the armoury.
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24153 on: April 07, 2014, 01:44:05 pm »

((Huh, how come the suit and everything could only be sold for half the price if they are still new, undamaged and fully charged/in full amount?))
((Economics.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24154 on: April 07, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »

((Economics.))
((Nah, it used to be 'if its brand new and without a scratch, you can sell it for full price, used/damaged - only for a half of usual price'.
Guess things may have changed a little, or the equipment wasn't as undamaged as I'd been told.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24155 on: April 07, 2014, 02:10:46 pm »

((Economics.))
((Nah, it used to be 'if its brand new and without a scratch, you can sell it for full price, used/damaged - only for a half of usual price'.
Guess things may have changed a little, or the equipment wasn't as undamaged as I'd been told.))
((I think its more probable that piecewise forgot that your equipment was brand new, since he doesn't keep a list of whose equipment is brand new somewhere, because that would be too much work. Anyway, this discussion is for the OOC thread.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24156 on: April 07, 2014, 04:31:02 pm »

"Oh, really? You guys are actually standing up to the HMRC? Is there anything I can do to help? I'm not particularly fond of them myself."
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24157 on: April 07, 2014, 04:52:36 pm »

"When he called Milno, Miyamoto, and me to see him, he brought the Armory Master along. Considering what he was asking about was this revolution, I doubt he wanted to take the chance one of us would figure out a way to tattle to the UWM before it got underway. So, yeah. Lead or die. Or possible lead and die anyway given this revolution, all in all, isn't going to be any less deadly than anything that's been asked of us so far."
Between two evils, I just wish we weren't in this mess.  Feyri said, referring to what was going on now. Either sides did not believe in ethics. Just domination and control. Power. Everyday it's like this. Most people doing many things without tact. And that was nice of you to help the apparent newbie. Though I'd regret just shouting Help at you right in front of you.

Nobody does introductions anymore, it seems. So what's the plan, General?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24158 on: April 07, 2014, 04:54:56 pm »

"As far as I know, everyone that could go on the current mission has went. But you could always familiarize yourself with the ship - unless you'd rather stay on Hephaestus here and help the people being left in control of it." Jim looked up at the ceiling. "Or you could always just ask Steve about anything you want to know about. He usually has answers. For example... Steve, do you mind telling him the status of the current mission?"

Jim asks this of Steve.

Jim looked over at ninja Feyri. "Yeah, I know. But we'll muddle through it. We always do."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24159 on: April 07, 2014, 04:57:42 pm »

I seriously can't see the greener grass on the other side anymore. How long can we last: everything is just one-upped by domination and whatever.
And few people with that kind of power show kindness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24160 on: April 07, 2014, 04:59:54 pm »

"That's just how it is, Feyri. It's always been like that throughout human history. The best we can do is follow this revolution to the end, get our real bodies regrown and get put back into them, and then make ourselves scarce. Surely there's a colony out there somewhere that wouldn't mind the pair of us helping out on a farm or something."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24161 on: April 07, 2014, 05:03:46 pm »

Nothing is ever 'how it is'. It's built by people. Created by people.
And then followed by the masses. Never been always like that.
Many people don't change...is all.

Feyri hung her head for a few seconds.
Though I'd rather create my own farm than help another out on it. They'd have to provide lodging and other things like that.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24162 on: April 07, 2014, 05:12:03 pm »

"Well, I'm sure we could find a quiet place like that. Far enough away that we don't really have to care about the government or anything like that; just pay taxes once a year but otherwise we could just ignore all the politics in the universe." Jim sighed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24163 on: April 07, 2014, 05:14:33 pm »

Well, you're a General. How do you see it all?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24164 on: April 07, 2014, 05:17:18 pm »

"I dunno. I'm just going to leave all the tactical thinking to Miyamoto, he's far better at it. But if you're asking about how I see the revolution... I guess I don't really care either way. I have no point of reference on what life under the UWM was like. As far as I'm concerned, UWM or ARM, it's going to be the same to me either way no matter who wins. I'm just fighting this war because that's the only thing I'm really good at."
Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 [1611] 1612 1613 ... 2101