Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239574 times)

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta: January 23, 2013
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2013, 09:36:49 pm »

I loved this enough to pay for a beta access key (back during the first public beta), and I don't regret that, but I haven't played much at all because of the pwipes. I also didn't like the new skill tree, but eh, it's still pretty fiddly-in-a-good-way compared to other games. Glad to hear the final pwipe is almost here and I can start grinding away at those skillpoints without feeling guilty about it being even more meaningless than it already is :3
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:12:05 pm by Eagleon »
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2013, 12:32:55 am »

D3 is like derails here: If people aren't talking, some bored (or troll) person will drag it back out and cause chat, though it'll be more complaints than anything.

I hope you're right! Thankfully they have the option to turn off Global/Trade with a click of a button so it's no skin off my back, but I really hope that the constant anger doesn't come to define the community.

Chat gets way better at higher levels, when you get out of the first global. I'm not sure when that happens now, but it used to be in act 2. By the time you're in the next difficulty, chat's pleasant enough.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2013, 12:35:47 am »

Right now, I think the chat is a bit mixed up, I've seen some people complain about the new chat but haven't played enough to really tell.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2013, 12:37:42 am »

D3 is like derails here: If people aren't talking, some bored (or troll) person will drag it back out and cause chat, though it'll be more complaints than anything.

I hope you're right! Thankfully they have the option to turn off Global/Trade with a click of a button so it's no skin off my back, but I really hope that the constant anger doesn't come to define the community.

Chat gets way better at higher levels, when you get out of the first global. I'm not sure when that happens now, but it used to be in act 2. By the time you're in the next difficulty, chat's pleasant enough.

Unfortunately, all difficulties were combined into one global chat as of about two patches. It was a really bad change, in my opinion, and the in-game community suffered almost immediately. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/64352/page/1

HC chat is a lot better than Default chat, and I'm hoping that this means that the sub-communities within the more specialized leagues will continue this trend on release.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2013, 12:41:11 am »

Oh yikes, that sounds unfortunate.

I haven't been on lately, with open beta so close on the horizon...

Well, hopefully they'll figure something out. The community that's around to actually play the game is pleasant enough, all they need to do is get it together.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2013, 12:42:53 am »

It makes sense, and doesn't. The former because it sounds more resistant to surges of people and the latter because, well, theres still only global and trade.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DemonOfWrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2013, 03:09:27 am »

I've been off for a few months too and honestly that's the only thing that's making me apprehensive about getting back in once open beta hits (I was really enthusiastic until I saw that). I loved the old merciless chats as you'd get great huge discussions and debates occasionally and after a while you recognised most names and knew roughly what they played/how good they were. From what I've heard of how it chat is now I can't imagine doing anything but simply muting global now which kills the social aspect of the game completely for me and with that a lot of the appeal of playing (I'm a solo player through and through but talking to everyone and discussing the game is great fun as well).

Edit: Oh and the changes that are apparantly going to happen to double totems which utterly wrecks a big chunk of my build as I use shock nova totems as extra damage/decoys and just one isn't even worth casting it's that useless.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:18:59 am by DemonOfWrath »

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2013, 05:03:35 am »

Anyone got a spare or two keys? Would be much appreciated.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2013, 07:32:25 am »

Just wait a week.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2013, 07:33:29 am »

Too loooooooooong..

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2013, 06:23:24 pm »

Cant wait for this game. Didnt play it for few months now, waiting for it to hit open.
Make love not war

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2013, 08:06:40 am »

One more day people. Also this:

"In April 2012 we launched a crowdfunding campaign on our website where users can purchase Supporter Packs with prices ranging from $10 to $1000. So far the community has contributed US$2.2m to the development of the game. This support has allowed us to grow our team and to polish Act III to a level we are very proud of. Thank you so much for the generous support!"

Nice.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2013, 04:42:17 pm »

So Act 3 is out?!
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2013, 04:52:24 pm »

No, its not out until the timer on the site hits 0. (Said timer is when the OB starts, not when the servers go down to start it btw)
Theres also Act 3 Ex, the small bits of Act 3 they didn't have time to finish up that they'll add later in the year.

Speaking of tomorrow, Relevant.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta: January 23, 2013 (Check the timer on PoE site)
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »

Looking forward to playing this. I take it everyone's under NDA and can't give out any tips? ;)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 100