Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089185 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

My new headphones make this game so much better.  I finally splurged on a good gaming headset and the bass is really prominent.  Fighting while a galaxy circles overhead is intense, there's just this droning boom over the soundscape, overwhelming everything else.

What'd you get?

What's the advantage to LA in PS2?  I can't playtest it until I upgrade my PC, but in PS1 LA was pretty much useless.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Well, my favorite part about LA, though I'm not exactly good at the game, is the mobility. Grenade-dodging is oh so easy sometimes, and flanking is made ten times easier. They're probably my favorite biolab assault class, though I like HA too.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile

So I saw a GeForce 630 2gb GPU on newegg for 65 spacebux, worth it?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile

The one good thing I've found with LAs is that they share the guns with the Engineer, which is the class I spend 90% of my time with. I can't count the number of times my resupply XP has nearly eclipsed my kill xp as I refill the guns of all the HAs, MAXs, and Infiltrators that defend bases.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

Engineer is my main class (followed by Medic), but an LA in the Biolab is just ridiculous. I've seen them find those sneaky high-up spots that  overlook a lot of traffic and just farm until they run out of ammo.

And I'm not very good. In a typical medium range fight, an HA will destroy me if we're on equal footing -- which is why I try to avoid them unless I've got really good positioning. Their shield skill buys them valuable reaction time, and that Carv weapon the TR uses is really deadly.

I'm still trying to learn how to fly. Hah hah. It will take me a long time to use mouse/keyboard for flying, since my joystick doesn't seem to play well with the control setup for some reason. After 30 minutes of practice I can take off and land with reasonable competence, but aiming and strafing ground targets under fire is beyond me at the moment. I have trouble adjusting my aim when I feel like I need to be juking out of the line of fire.

Anyone spend any smedbucks on the Vehicle Bundle? I've been considering it (haven't spent any Alpha Squad stuff yet). I do want the rocket pods and the HE tank weapons.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

My LA somehow glitched and spawned with an enormous amount of regenerating.  That was a big fucking surprise for the other team.
Shoes...

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow... light assault in biodome is my new favorite, hide in the tree close to the spawn, shoot down anything coming out, retreat for ammo, repeat.  decided to suicide and managed to take out a couple people with meele attack.

Annoyance: one grenade.  I dislike this limit, I want it to  be two or more without certs.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:06:28 pm by bluejello »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

T_T

NC AU Brigg players are stupid.

"LETS IGNORE THE WHOLE WORLD AND ALL GO CHARGING INTO THE REAR DOORS OF THIS TECHPLANT WHICH IS HELD BY TR!!! NOTHING WILL GO.... GAH I KEEP DIEING!!! HACKS!!!!"
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Grenades are really fucking powerful, though. They're the single deadliest weapon infantry can use against infantry, and can kill an HA through his fully-upgraded nanite shield. If you're desperate to lob grenades, either get the bandolier or find a way to stay next to a friendly infantry terminal. Or play as an AT MAX and have automatic grenade launchers on your arms.
Nothing important here, move along.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile

So I saw the most glorious thing the other day. Was at the tech plant in Esamir, you know the one. Anyway, we were completely surrounded by enemies, pouring in from every entrance, desperate not to lose the facility because without it the advance in the north would stall. It gets to the point where maybe a dozen guys are all thats left inside the plant, as our spawn generator finally was knocked out, and the flag was flipping. Then what do I see on the horizion, what must;ve been a half dozen Galaxies apporaching, as they hotdropped full loads from each one, sweeping aside the Vanu and NC camped outside out doors and then cleaned up the inside.

Needless to say, it was the Enclave saving our sorry asses.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile

Just had a really funny moment. For whatever reason, a lot of people's character models stopped displaying. You could pretty much only see people within maybe 10-15 meters of you. This seemed to effect everyone (or most everyone) in the area.

After rushing towards the enemy a few times and getting a feeling for where they were camped out, I then grabbed a grenade, lept to a nearby building, and chucked it at their hiding spot. Three kills! Hop back down to the Sundie and grab another grenade. Three more kills! Jump down, grab another grenade, hop back up, throw it at the tree, turn immediately around and jump back down...

After six or so grenades and around 25 kills, I'm standing on the rooftop when suddenly a friendly aircraft slams into it and kills about four of us. Then my game crashed.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Had a great NC Warpgate Defense against the Vanu earlier today.

Was jumping from tower to tower, one of the few engineers dedicated to repairing the turrets. Vanu had air superiority for a bit, having knocked out the turrets. It was rough.

We started pushing back, though. Once I got more turrets up with the help of other dedicated NC engineers, we were raining hellfire with the AT cannon turrets. Within 10 minutes, we had pushed back the Vanu advance and were counterattacking. An NC pocket that formed soon become a new front as we cut off Vanu in the north and grabbed more territory.

Then the TR stepped in.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Then the TR stepped in.
Seems to be a common occurrence.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Trying to get into this game.  It's addicting but pretty difficult running alone... and so many more controls than I'm used to in an FPS.

Anybody else play Vanu on Waterson?  What server/faction has the most B12 presence?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I really love the default VS Carbine. Got me a 3.4 scope and forward grip on it, and been kicking ass with it. Went from 1.3 to 1.6 K/D ratio :)

In other news: https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/274270398860914688  :o

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 826