Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089336 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8670 on: November 29, 2013, 04:14:38 pm »

So, just joined the steam group, we got a outfit(s)?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: November 29, 2013, 04:48:59 pm »

The problem with VS MAXes is than they are not only hyperactive disco lobsters of death but also vaguely look like normal foot soldiers.
While TR and NC MAXes can be rcognised at first glance (big burly and generally mean looking) the VS look like dancing queens just like the rest of its kin.

Lockdown on a TR MAX is a total waste that turns you into C4 bait.
NC MAXes are only good at short ranges (biolabs gais!) TR are "good" at med ium range while VS in theory are best at ranges longer than TR (where their chainguns are just too inacurate to do decent damage).
IN THEORY.
Because once they go rollerbladeing they are good at EVERY range and the only thing that can stop them is a decimator in the face in knifefight range (otherwise they will dodge it).
And even then they will probably get rezzed by a nearby medic anyway because VS MAXes usually come in swarms.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: November 29, 2013, 05:02:15 pm »

Would anyone join/give a shit if I made a outfit for Vanu?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: November 29, 2013, 05:09:53 pm »

We don't really have an outfit to speak of. There's one for NC on Mattherson, but it's basically barren. If you make an outfit, it's pretty much only going to be for the name+tag, rather than for any sort of organized play with other B12 members.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: November 29, 2013, 05:10:48 pm »

I'm thinking of getting AP for my Lightning. Worth it? Can I hunt MBTs with it?

I would not recommend it. Given the state of ground vehicles as they are, lightnings are absolutely on the bottom of the food chain (flash excluding). MBT and harrasser both will eat you up and spit you out in a confrontation, even with ap roundsYou're not manouvrable enough to dodge mbt fire, and not durable enough take harasser fire. Only thing lightnings are good for anymore is anti infantry duty when the big dogs aren't out, and skyguarding.

While TR and NC MAXes can be rcognised at first glance (big burly and generally mean looking) the VS look like dancing queens just like the rest of its kin.
Quite the opposite, for me anyway. Zoe maxes are such a terrifying force on the battlefield I recognize them instantly and pray for my soul. The purple glow and fast erratic movement definatly helps, to.

Won't deny the vanu color scheme is harder to spot though, but that's a problem with the vanu standard camo in general. Me personally if I can't tell if it's NC or TR, I shoot it. Much to the dislike of players with harder to recognize camo as you can well imagine, but eh kind of feels karma.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:19:26 pm by Jelle »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: November 29, 2013, 05:49:32 pm »

I can't tell TR/NC infils from VS, damned streamlined outfits.

I also have had my day made by the description of VS as "dancing queens".
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: November 29, 2013, 06:33:29 pm »

Now that you mention it there have been a few times where I've shot something I couldn't fully see thinking it was a regular infantry but it was actually a MAX. The most distinguishing thing is probably the lobster claws, but even then that assumed you can see them in their entirety.

NC max is good at close range. Biolabs obviously, but some outposts have pretty enclosed spaces as well. A mass of NC maxes can also form a shield wall, but I have not seen people with enough coordination to pull it off. For those that don't know, an NC max can reload their weapons and then pull their shield out to block incoming damage while they reload, making them have a bit more staying power.

EDIT: I don't usually play the tank or air game at all, so my lightning is pretty much specifically only for skyguard. It wasn't until recently that I put in some cert for my MBT just so it would have some basic abilities for a tank rush.
EDIT2: Oh, wihle I don't play tanks much I did gun for somebody the other day with the AAA cannon. It acts kinda like a 'my little skyguard' except it sounds like a beast =p
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:45:43 pm by OzyTheSage »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8677 on: November 29, 2013, 07:48:59 pm »

The only thing I've taken a ZOE MAX out with is C4 (If I'm above them) and dual Grinders with extended magazines (If I'm point blank with them before they start shooting at me). Otherwise, even in a MAX, I avoid VS MAX's like the plague and run away screaming like a little girl if one sees me. If I see one I take cover, no matter how far away the thing is.

Someone sees my NC MAX come around the corner, they just laugh and start shooting at me if they're not right in front of me. It's frustrating how much of a difference there is.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: November 29, 2013, 08:57:34 pm »

So... Whos on what server now?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: November 30, 2013, 02:57:00 am »

The Vanu MAXs aren't just good due to their hyperspeed/damage boost, or their pseudo-camo, their weapons aren't that bad either. Or rather, they're pretty specific at what they do, but they're not completely useless in other roles. AA can do a bit of AI, AT can do a lot of AI (even after the nerf), plus you've got the best special and squad-mix-in-camo there is. Until it's disco time anyway.

I still don't know why I don't see more dual comets with extended mags though. It's the VS shotgun of choice.
It's a game. Have fun.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: November 30, 2013, 07:00:00 am »

Hey guys. I just started playing Planetside 2 today! Is there a Bay 12 Outfit that I could join?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: November 30, 2013, 09:33:09 am »

Good luck.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8682 on: November 30, 2013, 09:38:21 am »

Hey guys. I just started playing Planetside 2 today! Is there a Bay 12 Outfit that I could join?

Not as far as I'm aware. We all ended up spread out over different servers and factions, there were quite a few in the NC on Mattherson but I'm not sure how many are still there.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: November 30, 2013, 09:45:54 am »

Your best bet is to find an organized outfit, as Bay12 doesn't really have one.
Back when the game first came out I was part of an organized outfit that all played ARMA with ACE so they were super tacticool and stuff, but we got stuff done when it needed to be (but mostly just defend Splitpeak Pass again and again and again >__> ). I stopped playing just because they disbanded. So... find an actual PS2 outfit and you won't have to worry about not finding people online.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: November 30, 2013, 06:24:25 pm »

I take it I basically shouldn't be spending certs on things unless they cost 1000. The idea being that these things, being so expensive, are ostensibly the "best" things (or at least the most useful or with the most bells and whistles). Examples include the skyguard for the lightning, dalton gun for the lib, vulcan for the prowler, rocket pods, the AT/AA launcher for TR, dual bursters, etc. Exceptions include low-end infantry/suit upgrades, such as health, armor, max's offhand weapon, etc. Is this logical?

On another note, I feel playing TR is almost a bit of interface screw. Objects in the minimap are colored according to faction, but in the game view they're colored only by friend/foe - which means TR's stuff looks like it belongs to NC stuff because it's blue, while NC's stuff is red because they're an enemy. It took me a while to realize this was why I kept getting turned around while looking for terminals and points of interest.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:26:59 pm by Niveras »
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 826