Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089637 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9825 on: March 04, 2014, 05:36:21 pm »

If the extra melee weapons are about as powerful as a knife, maybe with a tiny bit of extra reach to make it worthwhile spending the certs on, then I'm actually for it. Sort of. Melee is always weird in fps games, but I think ps2 can get away with that sort of weirdness. They'll probably be decried as OP just because lots of people will use them for lols, but knives are already "almost hitscan insta-damage" weapons. It'd be more of a customization option than a real upgrade. A pretty knife for a pretty troll.

Is the VS sword a euro, japanese, scimitar, elfy or spiky style sword? Does anyone have a model viewer and could post a link/piccy of it? All of the MAX options would be good. It might give us an idea of the aesthetic they're going for.

I guess it'll give us more dumb options. Running around going "boink" with a hammer isn't much worse than stabhugging or shottying people at close range. Plus, kamikaze zerg rushes will be more historically (in)accurate if everyone has a sword.

edit: @wardo. Nah, not all the same weapon. You always need an engy and a medic with ubgls to complete a power squad. But really, think of something cool to do, or ask anyone around the spawn/consoles if they're doing anything fun. Then synergise your loadout to theirs. Instant mini-squad even if you're as noobish as me. You'd be suprised how many people want to do "something" and just join zergs for something to do as part of a team.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:45:27 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: March 04, 2014, 05:40:05 pm »

Is the VS sword a euro, japanese, scimitar, elfy or spiky style sword? Does anyone have a model viewer and could post a link/piccy of it? All of the MAX options would be good. It might give us an idea of the aesthetic they're going for.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/holy-sh-t-max-melee-weapons-incoming.104478/
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: March 04, 2014, 05:49:00 pm »

Cheers. They actually look pretty good. I sort of hope basic infantry end up with some melee options as well.
It's a game. Have fun.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: March 04, 2014, 05:57:48 pm »

Mhm melee on an NC max works since you already have a shield to match. Not sure about the usefulness without a way to get in close though.

Melee weapons on infiltrator in place of a primary weapon could work. Stealthing in close to lone targets for a quick melee kill. Although I suppose it wouldnt be much different from a knife followed by silenced pistol kill.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: March 04, 2014, 06:59:22 pm »

For an NC MAX

That will never happen.  An NC MAX with a medium to long range weapon? SCREW THAT!!!!!  Cue incessant forum whining about NC-MAX now OP, etc, etc.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: March 04, 2014, 08:24:14 pm »

NC needs a MAX with shotgun rockets. You shoot once and 8 rockets come out and scatter. It's still legit because it's a shotgun.

The first time I find an FPS with a machinegun that shoots knives I will be hooked.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: March 04, 2014, 09:41:06 pm »

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:50:28 pm by NobodyPro »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: March 04, 2014, 10:09:23 pm »

Image hosted by Angelfire

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: March 05, 2014, 01:07:40 pm »

TR obviously - their logo is a great big sword

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9834 on: March 06, 2014, 11:05:49 am »

NC needs a MAX with shotgun rockets. You shoot once and 8 rockets come out and scatter. It's still legit because it's a shotgun.

The first time I find an FPS with a machinegun that shoots knives I will be hooked.

Saints Row IV with Gat V pack.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: March 09, 2014, 06:15:21 pm »

Ok i just can't stand what they did with rocket launchers. Those things are now absilutely useless a little change in direction by the ESF and the rocket goes crashing into terrain.
In fact i think my LMG is now better at taking down ESFs than grounder and that's just sad.

All ESFs have to do to evade a rocket now is to point their nose towards the ground for a second. and Libs and gals fly to high up to hit with rockets anyway.
I'm just happy i only spent 250 on the basic AA launcher instead of buying a striker for 1000.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: March 09, 2014, 09:38:49 pm »

So I just played with the RPS guys against the PC gamer guys. And jesus Christ was it the best thing ever.
True tactical mayhem, disarray, and WAAAAR. Also, lots of derp!piloting, nerdraging-TR douchenozzles in the chat, and lots and lots AND LOTS of MAXes. ALL THE MAXES.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: March 13, 2014, 01:43:50 pm »

The Patch of Controversy is coming.

Death Screen Revamp

The death screen has been redone to provide more information. The following can now be seen:
    A minimap displaying the killer’s relative position to yours. The killer’s position will only be revealed if the killer was previously spotted. In the case where the killer was not spotted, only the general direction of the killer will be shown. (Please note: You are still really dead)

There's the big one (which I'm fairly ambivalent toward, since I rarely camp), but this one has slipped under the radar (jammed by the above change) :

Optics

Station Cash prices have been added to Infantry Weapon optics.

I don't know... slippery slope and all, but this is a step toward dangerous ground.  I haven't seen the prices, but still.

Also, massive Lib changes, but largely buffing them.

The Fury is more effective against Lightnings now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: March 13, 2014, 02:27:44 pm »

I still don't see "population caps to prevent a single faction from gaining 35%+ population on server and/or continent". Until that's in there somewhere, this game won't be worth playing.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: March 13, 2014, 02:30:35 pm »

I still don't see "population caps to prevent a single faction from gaining 35%+ population on server and/or continent". Until that's in there somewhere, this game won't be worth playing.

Just because you're outnumbered doesn't mean that the game isn't worth playing. You can still have a lot of fun and, if you have competent teammates, even win while outnumbered (and with so many bases to fight for there will be some where you have more men). And if you go on during rushhour, the teams will usually balance out.
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 826