Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089178 times)

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10095 on: April 09, 2014, 11:08:57 pm »

I need to find an outfit at somepoint. But ya'll are all busy with NC or TR as far as I can tell the last few pages.

VS here, though I don't post much. If you're on Mattherson send off a friend request to Zonas. I'm the PL in a VS outfit on the server. Where casual, no real requirements, and we don't require out of game VoIP.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: April 10, 2014, 12:03:40 am »

I need to find an outfit at somepoint. But ya'll are all busy with NC or TR as far as I can tell the last few pages.

VS here, though I don't post much. If you're on Mattherson send off a friend request to Zonas. I'm the PL in a VS outfit on the server. Where casual, no real requirements, and we don't require out of game VoIP.
Which outfit? I've been messing around with DaPP but if we have B12 in a VS Mattherson outfit I'd join.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: April 10, 2014, 12:29:45 am »

It's DaPP, Hell I just saw you at tonight's alert.  :P
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: April 11, 2014, 03:55:39 am »

Is it just me or does joining an outfit completely change how the game plays? Is this what competitive gaming feels like?
It does, when your outfit has at least one leader. It actually feels like you're doing things! :P

It helps that the leader of my outfit also talks about what he's thinking as he makes orders.
I need an outfit that doesn't require teamspeak ;_;
*stares at Reudh*

PG12 does not require teamspeak. It does require ps2's in-game voice system to be switched on, so you can hear Bungins' orders. Leave SOCA and I can send an invite when I am next on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: April 11, 2014, 04:09:25 am »

Is it just me or does joining an outfit completely change how the game plays? Is this what competitive gaming feels like?
It does, when your outfit has at least one leader. It actually feels like you're doing things! :P

It helps that the leader of my outfit also talks about what he's thinking as he makes orders.
I need an outfit that doesn't require teamspeak ;_;
*stares at Reudh*

PG12 does not require teamspeak. It does require ps2's in-game voice system to be switched on, so you can hear Bungins' orders. Leave SOCA and I can send an invite when I am next on.

It does require ps2's in-game voice system to be switched on
ps2's in-game voice system
That's the thing with the V key right?
I'm out of SOCA, though I don't know how to send a message to the guy who invited me (who, incidentally...is one of their high ranking peoples .__.)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: April 11, 2014, 07:32:11 am »

Booted it. 8GB update.
No Ty.
Haven't played for too long.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: April 11, 2014, 09:17:18 am »

Is the airhammer supposed to be NC's unique A2G weapon? Because I've been using it the past few days, and it seems better for A2A to me. Especially against Libs because more pellets hit. It seems better than the rotary for my preferred hit and run tactics.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: April 11, 2014, 09:21:10 am »

...Only now do I see that there's a 250 cred secondary weapon available. >_>
Nice one expensive 1k prices filling up my screen. :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: April 11, 2014, 09:50:13 am »

The Air Hammer is an interesting weapon.  Despite SOE's boner for giving NC shotguns and calling them unique, the Air Hammer actually qualifies as unique.  You give up range for versatility.

Unlike the Canister vehicle shotgun secondary, which is absolutely terrible.

There are a lot of good 250 cert weapons these days.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: April 11, 2014, 10:17:16 am »

Air hammer's 1k, right?
(Haven't been able to play recently... Did the last patch increase performance at all?)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: April 11, 2014, 10:31:54 am »

But does airhammer actually do more damage than rotary at point blank range, or is it just my excitement about a new playstyle I'm picking up?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: April 11, 2014, 12:43:43 pm »

Air hammer is supposed to be the anti-infantry ground attack gun for the Reaver. It used to be OP in that Reavers would fly around and kill everything in the air with it.

I'm not up to speed on all the dynamics of the current air game but I believe it's still regarded as the best A2G nose gun for fighting other air.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: April 11, 2014, 02:28:45 pm »

ps2's in-game voice system
That's the thing with the V key right?
I'm out of SOCA, though I don't know how to send a message to the guy who invited me (who, incidentally...is one of their high ranking peoples .__.)
The V key is for useful things, Reudh's talknig about the ingame Voip, which you don't need a mic to listen to. (thoguh I should get a mic soon)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: April 11, 2014, 05:38:26 pm »

Completely irrelevant, but I was just checking my stats now and I noticed I have 1337 headshots.

I also believe I'm playing better now that I've turned shadows off, at least I seem to be getting a better k/d

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: April 11, 2014, 05:41:49 pm »

I also believe I'm playing better now that I've turned shadows off, at least I seem to be getting a better k/d

That's very likely given that shadows both tank your framerate and make it harder to spot enemies, especially Vanu inside buildings, especially at night.
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 826