Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089204 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11655 on: May 04, 2015, 04:33:36 pm »

So mid next year then?
It's a game. Have fun.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Planetside 2: The Way Forward according to Smed
« Reply #11656 on: May 08, 2015, 10:55:59 pm »

Interpret what you will of the following:
Spoiler: Smedspeak (click to show/hide)
The rest of the Planetside community says: "I'll believe it when I see it" and this.

Sauce: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3582el/the_way_forward/

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: May 08, 2015, 11:10:53 pm »

If that ends up being legit... Hallelujah the end times hath come.

More seriously though, PS2 may actually ed up getting where it needs to go, if that is legit.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: May 08, 2015, 11:13:56 pm »

The rest of the Planetside community says: "I'll believe it when I see it" and this.
I'm inclined to agree with that. There doesn't look like much of any belief in smedley in that link.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: May 15, 2015, 10:11:52 am »

Interpret what you will of the following:
Spoiler: Smedspeak (click to show/hide)

Sauce: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3582el/the_way_forward/

Problem is: I think that the 3ed time we've been told that the meta will be fixed.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: May 28, 2015, 03:27:14 pm »

"Conquest" gamemode updated on test server
The Beta implementation of the our first Game Mode, Conquest, is being released on PTS. Please note, this is a Beta, so bugs should be expected.

We've purposely tried a simple ruleset to see how the whole game mode idea plays out. Let us know about the bugs you find and please give us your feedback on the mode itself. We have a lot of ideas for future iterations and usability/flow changes to make this better, but we want to get your take ASAP.

Objective: Reach 13k points or score the most points by the end of the alert to win.

Special Rules:
Points are earned the following ways:
Kills = 1 point
Small Outposts = 150 points
Large Outposts = 300 points
Facilities = 750 points
Mode takes place on a modified version of Indar
Lattice has been altered to only include Large Outpost and Facilities
Small Outposts can be captured using adjacency rules
Instant Action and Redeploy are disabled
Nanite costs are halved
Warpgates are rotated between each match
Rewards:
XP
3 Implant Pack
[Coming Soon] NS Victory Knife
How to Play:
You can queue for the game mode from any Warp Terminal
The score is tracked on the Scoreboard
The Lattice changes are visible on the Map

Lettuce Lattice.

For those unaware: Daybreak announced they were working on a new gamemode a couple weeks ago, and they just revealed what it was going to be (of course things may change). I don't quite understand why the main game can't have a lattice system like this though... maybe they want to see how it works before putting it in the main game 'mode'.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11661 on: May 28, 2015, 03:32:54 pm »

Interesting take on the lettuce.  Can one skip across small outposts along the lattice (say, Crown to Impact Site) without taking the smalls in the way?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: May 28, 2015, 03:38:41 pm »

Interesting take on the lettuce.  Can one skip across small outposts along the lattice (say, Crown to Impact Site) without taking the smalls in the way?
I am still downloading the test update so I cannot say for certain, but I imagine that you will be able to skip small outposts to get to the facilities along the lattice. The smaller outposts can only be contested with adjacent territory judging by that post. So, if you look at Tawrich Tech Plant in that image you will see that the base to the west along the lattice is cut off hex-wise by the smaller outposts, which means (if my assumption is correct) you can either capture the facility directly and bypass the outposts or get the outposts first and then the facility, or do all at the same time.

In theory this means that large 96+ vs. 96+ zergballs at the main facilities will instead be spread out between the facility and its outlying posts.... but we'll see.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:40:17 pm by OzyTheSage »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: May 28, 2015, 03:41:47 pm »

It says gamemode, but then mentions alerts? Does that mean gamemodes are alerts or the other way around?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: May 28, 2015, 03:46:20 pm »

It says gamemode, but then mentions alerts? Does that mean gamemodes are alerts or the other way around?
I think they meant to say round, not alert. The new gamemode (conquest) probably runs on the basis of 1-2 hour 'rounds' (which is about the length of an alert currently).

Now that they have this new gamemode maybe they should name the 'standard gamemode' something as well...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: May 28, 2015, 03:55:01 pm »

"Zerg Mode"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #11666 on: May 28, 2015, 03:56:08 pm »

Looks interesting.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: May 28, 2015, 04:08:41 pm »

I sure hope they're not planning on going live with just Indar...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: May 28, 2015, 05:21:06 pm »

"Conquest" gamemode updated on test server
The Beta implementation of the our first Game Mode, Conquest, is being released on PTS. Please note, this is a Beta, so bugs should be expected.Objective: Reach 13k points or score the most points by the end of the alert to win.

Special Rules:
Points are earned the following ways:
Kills = 1 point

~~~~~

Instant Action and Redeploy are disabled

A) At 1 pt a kill a single biolab farm could end the alert :P

B) What exactly do they mean by no redeploy? Do we only get to spawn once ever for an alert? or is the (U) button disabled? Will "/suicide" work?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:39:25 pm by darkrider2 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: May 28, 2015, 05:26:15 pm »

I always assumed Redeploy meant the button, since respawning is a completely different concept that depends on you dying first.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 826