Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089742 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12075 on: May 15, 2016, 03:05:14 pm »

WE WON

WE BEAT THE PLANETSIDE 2

Server just couldn't handle the Ross Army, RIP Emerald.

Was fun though. Played on a different continent than Ross, mostly, until he switched later, never managed to find him but damn good fun, damn good fun...
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: May 15, 2016, 03:12:22 pm »

That explains why the NC were shouting "4ross!" while they were swarming Quartz Ridge.
More bloody NC, I'm not sure we needed more of them.

I dunno, mang. At least on Connery we're often outnumbered by TR by day and VS by night.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12077 on: May 15, 2016, 03:12:33 pm »

I apparently passed by him and recognized his tag out the corner of my eye. Given the direction he was facing, I may have made a cameo on the stream. I think a good 15-25 minutes into it. I was watching the stream at the same time.

That was probably one of the most fun MMO experiences I've had in a long time.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:14:12 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: May 15, 2016, 03:21:59 pm »

That explains why the NC were shouting "4ross!" while they were swarming Quartz Ridge.

I dunno, mang. At least on Connery we're often outnumbered by TR by day and VS by night.
VS? With pop actually higher than the others?

Not sure what you connery players are up to, but its surprising.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: May 15, 2016, 07:24:34 pm »

Back when I played regularly a couple years ago, VS regularly had the highest pop on Connery.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: May 15, 2016, 10:20:42 pm »

You say the game feels too much like work, but you also say you just bought the Flash Fury... the single most "just for shits and giggles" weapon in the game.

I don't know how to respond to that. Go hunt some Magriders with it and cheer up.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: May 15, 2016, 10:22:25 pm »

[/quote

The faction least friendly to low-aim players being overpopulated is the best case scenario if any faction is overpopulated...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: May 16, 2016, 03:52:30 am »

the faction with the hardest to aim weapons (high recoil, low rof) being the one that attracts the most new players sort of sucks.

E:
SIX PLATOONS OF VCO
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:43:30 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: May 16, 2016, 08:32:46 am »

the faction with the hardest to aim weapons (high recoil, low rof) being the one that attracts the most new players sort of sucks.

unless you are vs or tr
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: May 16, 2016, 10:00:29 am »

even with double xp planetside 2 is a grindy game. I need variation in my shooters if im going to have fun, and that is seriously impacted by the speed of unlocks.

The sheer height of the grind affects player activity too, people will sit and just farm at some stupid spot instead of trying to win because they know that if they try to win, they'll be making way less real progress. And who cares anyways, the continent just resets after being conquered instead of requiring a real invasion to retake :V

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: May 16, 2016, 11:15:15 am »

Or you could, yknow, not just fight all the time. ANTs give nice xp if you have a silo nearby. If you're sitting in a biolab and not a medic/engy you aren't going to get much done anyway unless you can actually shoot well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12086 on: May 17, 2016, 01:28:38 pm »

Looks like the crazy server-crashing session is uploaded. If you can't spot my cameo appearance by my tag, then you might recognize me by my combat style, one way or another. I usually tend to go rogue, and have some zany ideas that somehow netted me some kills.

Link: http://www.accursedfarms.com/accursed-farms-junk-launch-planetside-2-aftermath/

EDIT:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:53:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #12087 on: May 17, 2016, 07:42:28 pm »

Hehe, that was a fun evening.

To be honest, I'm surprised that the Ping wasn't too bad, considering I'm in England.

I found that the NC's default carbine (can't remember the name) is pretty accurate. The Gauss SAW, on the other hand...
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: May 17, 2016, 09:21:54 pm »

SAW is supposedly one of the most accurate LMGs... as long as you're not strafing, and as long as you can handle the recoil... so good luck with that.

Honestly, high RPM'low damage guns seem better at long range combat than low RPM/high damage guns simply because they can spray accurate fire into one point more consistently and easily. It doesn't matter if your gun does 25 more damage than theirs if they can just spray 10 bullets into your head with next to no recoil while you missing one shot pretty much means death.

Of course, if you're god tier and can handle the higher damage weapons... well, you've seen those quickscoping people who oneshot people all the time with sniper rifles at shotgun range.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: June 24, 2016, 05:04:31 pm »

I didn't want to ask in-game or on any of their forums, but is there a rule against strapping some C4 bricks to a Flash and using it as a missile of sorts? I know many games have that as a bannable offense because those games have no friendly fire(in some cases no FF against your own vehicle) and as such this is seen as a cheap exploit. Planetside 2 has no such thing, and your attacks will damage friendlies and friendly vehicles just as much as the enemy. However, I've never seen any player do this in PS2, making me assume it's forbidden and so I've never tried it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 826