Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084957 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12135 on: July 20, 2016, 06:01:05 pm »

Did they change it so that Sunderers deployed inside a base will automatically undeploy if the base is captured? Because that really just screwed me over just now.

Also, the game keeps changing my spawn location when I go to the map screen. At one point, I was capturing Hayd Skydock when I tried to change to heavy assault to deal with new defenders, and it sent me all the way over to Zotz. I couldn't even access the Sunderer I had at Hayd(which damn well should have been still there).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: July 21, 2016, 12:07:18 am »

Kinda disinclined to come back now. I had toons on a lot of high-activity servers but they all got shunted to shitty ones a while back. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: July 21, 2016, 12:37:18 am »

Like on PS4, or something? I don't think any PC servers have done anything other than merge, which is strictly beneficial to activity.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: July 21, 2016, 07:09:48 am »

If they got merged onto another one they probably weren't very high activity anymore.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: July 21, 2016, 10:54:44 am »

When the game first launched they had to launch a new server to accommodate all the new players, so I was originally Jaeger. Then it got merged with Waterson, which then got merged with Mattherson (and became Emerald because people were bitching about the outcome of some kind of "merger smash" competition).

I still think this game was released about a year too early... but what's done is done. The question is... who will step up to the plate after Planetside 2? I love the concept, but I just want it... better. This is such an ambitious game I would love to see a huge studio make something like it, but it's also quite risky and difficult to do. You can already see how many corners SOE/Daybreak had to make just to get the game sort of functional, with clientside hit detection and draw distances etc.

Honestly I think a game like Battlefield could pull it off, they're basically halfway there from what I remember of Battlefield 2 in terms of concept. Mix Battlefield with OFP/ARMA and make a persistent server and there you go. But could a game like this ever retain enough players to be worthwhile over the span of several years? That's one of the main benefits round-based games have over persistent ones.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: July 21, 2016, 12:38:58 pm »

Ah, so Mattherson became Emerald? Weird, Mattherson was always pop-capped, but when I tried to get back into PS2 Emerald always seemed to be half-pop at best.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: July 21, 2016, 12:48:06 pm »

Emerald happened because of server smash spacemans being one point off a tie.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: July 21, 2016, 12:51:14 pm »

Mattherson merged with Waterson to become Emerald. There was some big competition to decide what the server name would be depending on who won, but the results were so close and some strange errors on multiple fronts which caused a huge stink, so people eventually just agreed to compromise on the name Emerald. It's entirely possible that the game's population has dwindled to the point where they struggle to maintain population even on their most popular server.

Ninja'd: Looks like I was mistaken. Waterson merged with Mattherson. For some reason I thought I played on Mattherson before the merge, and I knew I was on the 'losing' server. Goes to show how much I cared about my server name =p

E: Wow, I just went on PS2 to create a new character to confirm server names. I clicked "all servers" and it lists Jaeger (my original server) as being 'down' instead of not existing. Interesting, but useless.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:57:46 pm by OzyTheSage »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: July 21, 2016, 06:06:59 pm »

I clicked "all servers" and it lists Jaeger (my original server) as being 'down' instead of not existing. Interesting, but useless.

The "events" server is named Jaeger. So it's always around, but rarely online, and never for general play.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: July 21, 2016, 06:11:25 pm »

I always thought they just used the test server for events.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: July 23, 2016, 05:27:28 pm »

Tried to login to the DBG forums, because I saw a topic about skyknights that I found salty enough to lick. This is the first time I've tried to log in to that forum. I seem to be preemptively banned from the DBG forum - every page I try to look at says "You do not have permission to view this", not even my account details. I can still play PS2 though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: July 23, 2016, 05:41:24 pm »

PTW
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: July 23, 2016, 08:41:08 pm »

Most people don't really care much about the forums, even the devs. Most people use the PS2 reddit, so good luck with that.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: July 23, 2016, 09:55:32 pm »

Yeah my brother mostly browses the subreddit- Ooh!

Proof that Vanu is supreme at harvesting tears, like slicing wheat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnmUcnSUWSM
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: July 23, 2016, 10:03:40 pm »

Well, we have to have something to make up for not having a factional advantage-trait like NC or TR.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 826