Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691135 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Flat-nosed pigdogs]
« Reply #4380 on: July 04, 2018, 10:51:09 pm »

If all the asteroids in the solar system were put together - Rings, asteroid belt, kuiper belt, free roaming, etc. - how big a planet would it make?
Quite a bit smaller then the moon I think.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: July 05, 2018, 06:17:00 am »

Really tiny nipples. You have the rare nippleskin disease.

(On a less serious note it sounds like eczema or allergy)
Love, scriver~

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4382 on: July 08, 2018, 05:53:33 pm »

Just plug it in yeah, that's it. Check your system info to see if it lists the correct amount of RAM and if it does, all done.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: July 08, 2018, 09:19:30 pm »

Another question: I have these tiny pink dots, maybe one or two millimetres across, all over my body. Been there as long as I remember, and as far as I can tell they come and go. No itchiness, pain or anything associated with them. They're literally just tiny pink dots.

What are they?
Are they tiny bumps as well?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: July 09, 2018, 10:20:38 am »

Damn you for giving me exactly what I asked for Yoink!

While not specifically directed at rookie mistakes, this page mentions and sources a wide variety of infantryman-related research and observations.

Paraphrasing (and missing the point): "They don't shoot, if they do shoot they don't hit anything, and if they do hit something they don't duck".

The accuracy-related points are really quite interesting, and gels a little with what my platoon was told during basic training... "Don't worry about hitting anything, we don't expect you to hit anything; that's not what this is about. This is about having more lead in the air flying towards them than towards us".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4385 on: July 09, 2018, 11:35:27 am »

While not specifically directed at rookie mistakes, this page mentions and sources a wide variety of infantryman-related research and observations.

Paraphrasing (and missing the point): "They don't shoot, if they do shoot they don't hit anything, and if they do hit something they don't duck".

The accuracy-related points are really quite interesting, and gels a little with what my platoon was told during basic training... "Don't worry about hitting anything, we don't expect you to hit anything; that's not what this is about. This is about having more lead in the air flying towards them than towards us".
Hell yeah dude, this has loads of links to interesting and relevant material, this is perfect, thank you!!! Also, you're in the military?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: July 09, 2018, 11:46:45 am »

Hell yeah dude, this has loads of links to interesting and relevant material, this is perfect, thank you!!! Also, you're in the military?
Was. Norwegian military still has a draft of all able-bodied young men (and women now, finally!) to serve in the "national defense" for a year. (note that only about 20% of those who show up for the draft inspection actually "make the grade" and end up serving). ...which, really, is just barely long enough to start learning how to actually do your job, and then you're out.

That's what I did. It's like Baby's First Army, with no risk of deployment or active combat (but also incompetent, inexperienced bureaucratic officers who are barely older than you are. So, pretty standard), except it's north of the arctic circle and about -40 degrees.

The "All I want for Xmas is an HK416" link in my sig is my patchy, opinionated account of the affair.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4387 on: July 09, 2018, 12:42:35 pm »

That's awesome, I'm enjoying your thread, glad you put the work into making it!

After thoroughly reading this web page it looks like it cites Marshall over and over and the statistical aspects of his research have long since been discredited and because what Rowland says corroborates Marshall I'm inclined to not trust either of them, therefore I'd only bother looking at the other sources Bob has on his page.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: July 10, 2018, 04:44:57 am »

If a wedding invitation instructs you to bring a plate of food, WTF kind of thing is supposed to be on said plate?

Might just pop down to my favourite bakery and load up a plate with vegan cake-type-things. Or does it need to be a savoury dis

...That was a really dumb question, not sure why I even typed all that out haha.

New, actually necessary question: any tips on how to encourage a split/cut lip (on the inside of my mouth) to heal quickly?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: July 10, 2018, 06:02:32 am »

Step #1: Stop touching it with your tongue
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: July 10, 2018, 11:02:03 am »

Rub salt into it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: July 10, 2018, 11:58:22 am »

A lip balm may help on the scab. Aquaphor works p. well.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: July 10, 2018, 12:54:17 pm »

Bay12: 2/3 malicious intent, 1/3 helpful advice.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: July 11, 2018, 09:36:44 am »

USA civics questions.

1. Is it possible to repeal one of the Bill of Rights amendments, hypothetically? I'm aware of how incredibly unlikely and down right impossible it would be.

2. Would it open up the possibility of legal secession from the Union? I.e. no Civil War mk 2.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: July 11, 2018, 09:41:48 am »

USA civics questions.

1. Is it possible to repeal one of the Bill of Rights amendments, hypothetically? I'm aware of how incredibly unlikely and down right impossible it would be.

2. Would it open up the possibility of legal secession from the Union? I.e. no Civil War mk 2.

Well, they're part of the Constitution, so you'd have to go through the process to change that.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 638