Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958592 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((That should be pretty interesting.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dear God... he could run away from any fight....
+3 to everything with running
He'll Dodge everything

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((He's only at +2 until he manages to kill someone, but still. He'll be noodle-armed, flimsy, and completely unable to use any sort of magic, but good luck hitting him or acting before he does.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Unless you have your own dex bonus.

Interesting plan though.  I suggest two things:  ninjalooting weapons, and shoving people off edges.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HOW NICE, mushrooms! Susan collects three small mushrooms and puts them in the corner with her prized lumps of flesh.

Shareeb caoncarthel!

Ku-Karua!

(just to make things clear, those are two different spells. Don't mix my ku-karua with my shareeb caoncarthel por favor.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:27:01 pm by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Unless you have your own dex bonus.

Interesting plan though.  I suggest two things:  ninjalooting weapons, and shoving people off edges.
((True, but at that point you're either pulling the same basic thing he is, just less so, or are just straight-up better than him.

Although, now that I think about it, are Dex rolls to dodge spells opposed by Pot rolls? If so, there's actually a lot of people who are "only" at a -1 advantage in smearing him using that method.

And yes, SHANK SHANK SHANK SHANK SHANK is probably the only way to play that character effectively. Maybe pelting with very small stones or using some other ranged weapon.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((It depends.  My favorite offensive spell is Dex-targeted, but others (especially the shorter range ones) just seem to be done by pot.  On the other hand, said spell didn't even provide a chance to dodge.  (Though potency 7 roll on a giant well-aimed lightning bolt doesn't leave much room such, I suppose.) ))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile

I will try to get him to plus 4 dexterity, that way I will never fail a dexterity roll. 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Instead, you'll always get overshots.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

((Yeah, but that just means that you'll dodge something and end up falling off an edge.
Just so long as you can still dodge the ground you'll be fine. ...Now I am picturing this humanoid teddy bear caught in an infinite loop, falling to within a couple of inches off the ground and then somehow 'dodging' back up into the air...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can't dodge whilst falling. You have nothing to push against.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

That was...underwhelming. Sad.

Try to form the goldeney wax into something.

How small of pieces of obsidian and cloth?
You squeeze the wax into a little man. YAY!

They're very small, just a little scrap of cloth and like a pebble.

Thrancaole Phal.

Point at the ground nearby while still laying on the floor.
"I... don't feel like getting up today."
[pot:2]
A bit of black ink sprays out in front of you and splatters to the ground.

((I have returned! Interesting things I've missed...))

Oh.   Shit.

Irony, want to give me you hell word so I can talk to demons?
((Notably this. What?))

Grin stared at the figurine, blinking several times. He clearly did not know what he was doing.

...hm...

Words.
[pot:6+1]
You fire thick beams of water out of your eyes that converge into a single beam that continues out straight in the direction you're looking.

"Are you really trying to make a boozebear down there? And I thought that I was the crazy one. Well, Thrakor, our truce officially ends now, but I'm going to keep enjoying this peace while it lasts. Just don't get too close to this floor."

Do some Science. If I'm attacked, respond with Black Magic Barrage.
[pot:4+1]
A shimmering image of a Saw appears in the air before you and then vanishes.

"Yep, you're correct."

Swing my big magical... spells around.

[pot:4+1]
Nothing happens.

Ormkel sighed and sat down with his lump of iron.
"They'll forget. Oh yes. They always forget... Snab snaboli abbedy cantar snant!"

>Lie in wait.

>Scream magical gibberish.
[pot:5]
You get yourself a big old lump of gold.

HOW NICE, mushrooms! Susan collects three small mushrooms and puts them in the corner with her prized lumps of flesh.

Shareeb caoncarthel!

Ku-Karua!

(just to make things clear, those are two different spells. Don't mix my ku-karua with my shareeb caoncarthel por favor.)
[pot:3+1]
A four foot tall by four foot long wall of steel materializes in front of you.
[pot:5+1]
A giant silvery magnet appears in front of you. It and the steel wall immediately fly together with a heavy clang.

((It depends.  My favorite offensive spell is Dex-targeted, but others (especially the shorter range ones) just seem to be done by pot.  On the other hand, said spell didn't even provide a chance to dodge.  (Though potency 7 roll on a giant well-aimed lightning bolt doesn't leave much room such, I suppose.) ))
Technically dodging depends on circumstance. If you're both standing right next to each other and both yell a one word spell then no dodge, because you're both just trying to beat the other out, like a pistol duel. If they sneak up on you, ie you're doing something else, and use one word, no roll. But if you see them coming, you get a chance, and if you say to dodge instead of attacking, you get two chances really, the initiative dex to get away before they can speak and the dodge dex if you fail initiative.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:1/4 [fourth floor, west stairs]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:2/2 [obsidian left arm][third floor,south east area]

Grin:Ironyowl: Pool: 3/5 [First floor, Gazebo]

Possibly(9):Onyxjew: Pool:2/5 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked, Right arm living steel.Right hand marked. Fire claws.) [third floor, southeast area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:2/4 [first floor,south east side]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[Fourth floor, South area]

Hydrus (2):Wwolin: Pool:3/3  [third floor, southwest area]

Ormkel:Yoink: Pool:1/1 [fourth floor, south east side.] 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Say word.
Sig

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

"Ooh! Shiny! Tee-hee!"

>Drop my lump of gold down onto the first floor, wait for someone to catch the ol' Gold Fever and lie in wait to enact my not-so-secret plan when they run over to pick it up!

"Om-shnaw gabbedy woop-dag!"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile

Ya, this is going to be fun. 8)
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 435