Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3780545 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Computer issues again, so it... MIGHT be a little bit before I update.

I'll figure something out.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

These imaginary conspiracies are clearly the enemy behind these computer issues. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: SLOGDOUKEN
« Reply #3842 on: May 19, 2013, 10:09:56 pm »

YOU GUYS

LOOK AT THE THREAD TITLE

"(ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: SLOGDOUKEN"

IS AN ANAGRAM FOR

"LichensteIN GOES fOr The WarDer: mUGs OAKS (woe)"

(or in plainspeech, exclamation for emphasis)

"Lichenstein goes for the Warder: Mugs oaks (woe!)"

Does this mean Al is betraying us to the Warden? And also beating up trees for their pocket valuables? What "woeful" consequences could rebound on us as a result?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN
Don't be silly, clearly this means that Al intends to replace Oric, and is using us to do so. As for mugging trees, he's got nature knowledge, and remember how back in the Greens we got those reagents from grass and leaves? Obviously Al is going to use greenery to aid his campaign to take over. Possibly by feeding us potions that make us more powerful, and thus more likely to succeed in killing Oric, at the cost of getting us hopelessly addicted to them and thus completely dependant on Al.

Um...freeform? Can you update before we start an e-cult devoted to stopping a bunch of imaginary conspiracies?
Too late!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile

Hey FFS... Slog based intermission time now? That's probably something you could make that's easy if you make the style as simple as possible or make posts almost entirely text. Just a suggestion if you've been having trouble getting time to update. (I can only dream of an entire Slog themed intermission... *sigh*)
Dendritic.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Hm... I don't think we're digging enough.

Alfred the Lichenstien.... Its obvious, ALfred the LICHenSTEIN. AlFred the Lich"in"Stein! Al, who also goes by Fred, is a German lich, who's phylactery is a stein! We must hunt down this malevolent being's soul container and smash it, to free us from Tom Cruise's dastardly Scientologist plot! Its the only way to save the oversoul ring to rule them all from the fires of Mount Hordor!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Perfectly executed, except one small slip.

It's Mount Hodor.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Hm... I don't think we're digging enough.

Alfred the Lichenstien.... Its obvious, ALfred the LICHenSTEIN. AlFred the Lich"in"Stein! Al, who also goes by Fred, is a German lich, who's phylactery is a stein! We must hunt down this malevolent being's soul container and smash it, to free us from Tom Cruise's dastardly Scientologist plot! Its the only way to save the oversoul ring to rule them all from the fires of Mount Hordor!
That's ludicrous.
It's alFRED the lich-en-stein. Since all that really matters is what's on the inside, ie the soul (especially once one's turned into a nice rotty lich), the stein would contain all of Fred.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perfectly executed, except one small slip.

It's Mount Hodor.
Do not tempt the mount of Hordor, that which is guarded by Radical Larry of the Serendipitous Seven! Lest ye befoul that which can vibrateth through walls and burrow under the soil!

-Plot-
That's ludicrous.
It's alFRED the lich-en-stein. Since all that really matters is what's on the inside, ie the soul (especially once one's turned into a nice rotty lich), the stein would contain all of Fred.

Egad, I think you're right. But who is this Fred, of the lich of the stein?! A German no doubt. A German interested in insanity, and being old... But he's a lich. And what is a lich? That which is alive yet dead. What is alive but also dead? A certain famous cat... A CAT! FRED IS A CAT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's just silly. Who names a cat Fred?

By your logic, Xykon is a cat. And while he's good at killing wizards, he's not a cat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could argue that he is a cat, perhaps a rakshasa who swapped his hands around and used their sorcererous powers to turn themselves into a lich... Or rather I would, if he was German, but as he is not I do not believe so, no.

Also, I'd wager a man named Erwin Schrodinger would name a cat Fred.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When he regenerates, his skull is clearly human. Besides, in Start of Darkness, we see him as a (clearly human) child. Oh, and since rakshasas are Outsiders (Native), they can't be liches to begin with. Finally, he is as German as anyone in the OotS-verse, being a native of the North.
Sig

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course! It's all so clear now! Al is a druid, and therefore a friend of the Green party. The name 'Lichen-stein' clearly refers to a mossy, rock-growing plant, the perfect pseudonym for a druid... Also, it sounds like 'Frankenstein', which is a perfect pseudonym for an irony-loving vampire. Clearly Al Lichenstein is the reincarnation of both Al Gore and Count Dracula, who both appear on INWO cards:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...making Al a double-Illuminatus!

Clearly his convoluted machiavellian plots know no bounds! Once he fluoridates the dungeon's breakfast cereal with the help of toothpaste-colored slimes under the power of mind-control Met Hats he will be able to use the strengthened tooth enamel of the dungeon's beaver population to gnaw a multi-level ladder that when placed in a room will pierce all the way to the Underworld! Using the demons called forth, he will be able to use the fact that the dungeon may or may not be in space to have them possess Proxxy's CIA mind-control satellites, beaming infernal essence throughout time and space, enabling him to win the Time War and breach the Source Wall! With that he will be able to shove everyone who ever existed, will exist, or hypothetically could exist into a pit of acid as part of his plan to ritually sacrifice enough creatures to summon Juiblex, who will allow him to conquer the Disney corporation. With their merchandising department, he will be able to craft a stuffed Mickey Mouse doll, which he will give to Cherish, repairing their relationship on the Shipping Grid!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course! It's all so clear now! Al is a druid, and therefore a friend of the Green party.
Don't make me laugh. Druids' crude grasp on ecology would make the Green Party ashamed to admit one.

The name 'Lichen-stein' clearly refers to a mossy, rock-growing plant, the perfect pseudonym for a druid...
Not as good as for a lich. Or a mug with lichens growing on it.

Also, it sounds like 'Frankenstein', which is a perfect pseudonym for an irony-loving vampire.
...Why does the name of a fictional doctor and possible alchemist make a good pseudonym for a vampire?

Clearly Al Lichenstein is the reincarnation of both Al Gore and Count Dracula, who both appear on INWO cards:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...making Al a double-Illuminatus!
Lichenstein could well be an Illuminatus.

Clearly his convoluted machiavellian plots know no bounds! Once he fluoridates the dungeon's breakfast cereal with the help of toothpaste-colored slimes under the power of mind-control Met Hats he will be able to use the strengthened tooth enamel of the dungeon's beaver population to gnaw a multi-level ladder that when placed in a room will pierce all the way to the Underworld! Using the demons called forth, he will be able to use the fact that the dungeon may or may not be in space to have them possess Proxxy's CIA mind-control satellites, beaming infernal essence throughout time and space, enabling him to win the Time War and breach the Source Wall! With that he will be able to shove everyone who ever existed, will exist, or hypothetically could exist into a pit of acid as part of his plan to ritually sacrifice enough creatures to summon Juiblex, who will allow him to conquer the Disney corporation. With their merchandising department, he will be able to craft a stuffed Mickey Mouse doll, which he will give to Cherish, repairing their relationship on the Shipping Grid!
OR, he's in league with Oric as his hypercompetant-but-ignored lieutenant.
Sig

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Computer issues again, so it... MIGHT be a little bit before I update.

I'll figure something out.
I have to ask
How many times a week do you change your avatar image
I mean, damn

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

Also remember that stein is German for stone.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1544