Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 400431 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3705 on: March 05, 2013, 03:41:42 pm »

Corvus managed it without an Act....he was literally drawing from his life force to drive Aldemas insane.
True, but against a starving god. Aodun is rather unstoppable at this point unless every other god teams up to kill him, which is just not going to happen.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: March 05, 2013, 03:42:31 pm »

I still find it somewhat anticlimactic that Nelkathar and Traurig die that fast. At least give them some sort of death scene or something.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: March 05, 2013, 03:45:37 pm »

Uh I never set my action to go to the spire.

I only talked about it, my action was to go to the seaspawn shores and recruit them to my cause.

Okay this was my last turn post

Traurig's prayers seemed to go unanswered.  Fair enough, he would find his own way or he would die trying.  There were few other options.  He knew he had to find people to follow him.  Even as powerful as he was, it was not nearly enough and there was only so much that could be done alone.  The seaspawn were enslaved but his attempts to free them had been for naught.  They were too weak to flee with him much less fight and all the shades sent from Ademas had died...  Yes Ademas.  Traurig no longer felt his presence alongside him as he had in the past.  Perhaps he had abandoned him.  Maybe he no longer cared to help the seaspawn... or maybe he was gone and Traurig had been to late to help like he had promised.  There had to be some way to gain followers.  To gain strength and bring power his people.

1 minor act: create a suit of bronze armor for myself that covers up all of my visible features so other beings wont be able to recognize me as a seaspawn.  Also create a bronze sword but edge it with a little bit of my divine blood so it can harm more dangerous enemies.

Wear my new gear and go to find my fellow seaspawn on the coasts on which they take refuge.  Walk amongst them and help out as many as I can.  If they are in danger save them.  Befriend all I talk to and tell them of my quest to unite the seaspawn into a nation capable of growing in power and stature so as to rival all the other nations of the world.  Tell them I am strong enough to lead them to a new future, one of greatness and prosperity.  If any doubt me, challenge them to non lethal combat so as to prove my power.

Group together my followers and return to the waters.  Begin construction of a seaspawn coral tower.  I will personally defend my people living in the tower and I will also train my followers in the art of combat.  If there is time try and develop better weapons and armor.  Capture some sea animals like sharks as well and try to train them.  Some will be trained for combat others will be kept for food.

If I pass the 4th continent at any time, make a stop and see if I can recruit at least one shade to follow me.  Tell them I am an old friend of Aldemas and that I would make their people great again.

Edited my post to take out the visit to the squiddles; instead going to the seaspawn coast

After that I DISCUSSED going to the spire but never have I made any actual attempt to go there myself.  I also made that very clear in several OOC posts as I tried to talk Azthor into letting me use it peacefully.

Oh and for that matter, wasn't GWG's post to help save dwarves?  He was only talking about it too as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:51:36 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: March 05, 2013, 03:51:22 pm »

I agree. Why didn't GWG or gman get a chance to run like fuck first?
Nelkathar could plausibly fly away, but Traurig was definitely dead unless he climbed on Nelkathar.

Not to make more of a jerk out of myself, but it was pretty much impossible for either of them to run from an Elder God who is capable of teleportation at will.

Normally I would say that any ascendant that engages with a god should die, no roll even needed.

On the other hand, Udil has killed MULTIPLE gods without so much as a scratch on him, so I'd say that whole argument is complete BS.

Except, oh wait, Udil has been affected by favoritism from the beginning, and gotten countless buffs and power increases for no goddamn reason, simply because for some reason people think that it's a good idea to GIVE THE OMNICIDAL MANIAC MORE SUPERPOWERS.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: March 05, 2013, 03:52:51 pm »

Udil has had help in all of his battles. I imagine he'd have died long ago with no benefactors.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: March 05, 2013, 03:54:45 pm »

Hell this was my last post before I died:
Well I am attempting to gather fellow seaspawn to my cause as we speak.  After that, I will try to gain the support of the squiddles as well.  You are free to join me if you wish or continue on with whatever is your current course of action.  Either way, my doors will remain open to you whenever you need a place to stay.
I don't think my course of action could have been any more clear.  No offense but that turn seemed like a rather direct attempt to just kick me out of the game.  If you wanted to do that, you should have just asked me to leave.

For the record bold and italicized posts are my character talking.  Just bold posts are my actual actions.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:57:18 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: March 05, 2013, 03:56:08 pm »

And anyway, Corvus TOLD him where to go. He isn't going to ignore a god's advice unless he is that dumb.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: March 05, 2013, 04:00:51 pm »

So yeah, that death post was still kinda bullshit, since they didn't get any chance to respond to the initial attack.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: March 05, 2013, 04:02:31 pm »

Jeez, what do you want Gwg, honestly if Aodun attacks you you are dead, i dont even need to roll for this he gets a +15 bonus on his rolls. you get nothing
together you have 1d6+3 bonus and 4 Healthpoints against a 1d6+15 and 9 healthpoints...if you have an idea how to circumvent dying go ahead and post it IC, i will change the post accordingly, but really i dont see any hope for you guys...
Simple.
Several points, in fact.

1. Udil killed Neyravah without a scratch when he was a dwarf, theoretically almost a cripple from age and wounds. Nethalkar and Traurig lacked any such limitations, and one was a freaking mountain-sized dragon made of rock! Either you favored Udil or we would have had a chance in a fair fight...if it had come to that.
2. Neither of us made an action to go to the Spire. Nelkathar's intent was to do so, but remember--he only had rumors about it. And Traurig didn't even try to move to the Spire.
3. What makes you think Nelkathar's first response would have been to fight back? Talking would have been more effective, and would probably occur to people before attacking the giant corrupted flaming phoenix.

Udil has had help in all of his battles. I imagine he'd have died long ago with no benefactors.
Who helped when he killed me?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: March 05, 2013, 04:03:16 pm »

Sabt Golgo.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: March 05, 2013, 04:06:09 pm »

Yeah, I ate you, dude. Jeez, you'd think you'd remember something like that.

Udil was also a demigod at the time.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: March 05, 2013, 04:07:06 pm »

Hang on.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to bring a dead god back to the game via Mighty Act?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: March 05, 2013, 04:07:48 pm »

Will edit the post, i didn't see that. Honestly man could you please not bold what your written word? its really distracting, change its colour but please dont bold it. Or bold AND Colour it.

Ragnarok as far as i know Udil has never been favoured. When he thought against gods it was mathematically possible for him to win, because those gods didn't had any +15 weapons nor did they anything to properly protect themselves.

I'm actually questioning at this point whether i should continue this game since most of you are only constantly complaining. Honestly i am sick of it. If you don't like the way i GM...nobody forces you to play. Udil survived because he had help and an inordinate amount of luck if you can't deal with that over there is the button that sends you back to the rest of the forum.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: March 05, 2013, 04:11:12 pm »

@GWG again at this is the last time i explain this:

Neyravah Elder Goddess: 4hP 0 Bonus on her rolls
Sabt Golgo and Udil: as far as i can recall something like 8 HP and +10 on their Rolls

Aodun: 9 HP and +15 Bonus on his rolls
Nelkathar and Traurig: 4 HP +3 Bonus on their rolls

is that obvious enough?

EDIT: so where the fuck are you exactly GWG? You several times posted the intent to go to the spire...where else would you be? Besides if Aodun ahs found you he doesnt want to talk and fleeing is not really an option you are bound to laws of physics he is not.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:12:56 pm by Ghazkull »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: March 05, 2013, 04:14:23 pm »

1. Udil killed Neyravah without a scratch when he was a dwarf, theoretically almost a cripple from age and wounds. Nethalkar and Traurig lacked any such limitations, and one was a freaking mountain-sized dragon made of rock! Either you favored Udil or we would have had a chance in a fair fight...if it had come to that.
Sabt Golo did use a mighty act on healing him just before the fight.

On the other note, Aodun has a spend quite a lot of power on his weaponry.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 379