Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 401746 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #5190 on: March 20, 2013, 08:29:20 pm »

as far as i know you guys have nothing in any pantheon right now. Acts are distributed to each god and not into a common bank. The Knife did shatter because it was useless, the bond cannot be broken by anyone but the two gods...its a struggle to the end.

I had two acts left.  One leftover from Aodun's death, and 1 of the 2 acts I got this turn.  The one I got that turn could have been used, since it was gained from the pantheon.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: March 20, 2013, 09:33:00 pm »

The Knife did shatter because it was useless, the bond cannot be broken by anyone but the two gods...its a struggle to the end.
Then why did the knife and bond have any effect on each other? It sounds more like a "can't touch each other" thing than an "indestructible" thing, partly because it's destructible and partly to avoid issues of Immovable Object vs. Unstoppable Force. If nothing else, it's making them lose the acts for no benefit. And if you argue that it was made from nonexistent "Pantheon Acts," I'd ask how the knife existed long enough to shatter.
You are arguing against GM fiat right now. Don't.
The GM shouldn't fiat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: March 20, 2013, 09:44:02 pm »

The game is GM fiat GWG.  Who else determines what you can and can't do with acts?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: March 20, 2013, 09:50:23 pm »

The game is GM fiat GWG.  Who else determines what you can and can't do with acts?
Rules and logic. If I violate either one in a game I run, I expect players who notice to point it out, and if the claims are true and The following possible I will correct said mistake.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: March 20, 2013, 10:05:31 pm »

And then there are games run by 'what would seem cool here' or 'what would make the best story here', or even 'what is the most outrageous thing that could happen here if they rolled a 1 or a 6?' rather than strict logic or rules.  This is one of those games.

And yeah, I suspect the meeting will conclude when the giants offer their declaration (or rather continuation) of war.  Gren's just washing his hands of this now.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: March 21, 2013, 12:54:05 am »

GWG, you do realize the more you argue with and whine to Ghaz, the slimmer your chances of ever getting back in/not being completely banned from these threads becomes?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: March 21, 2013, 01:00:52 am »

GWG, you do realize the more you argue with and whine to Ghaz, the slimmer your chances of ever getting back in/not being completely banned from these threads becomes?
I don't think he can help it - I recognize the instinct in myself as well.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: March 21, 2013, 02:14:33 am »

Now,

The Knife shattered here on account of a roll i did. You rolled a 2 the Knife broke simple as that, that on top of what Iituem said: what fits the roll. The Knife shattering is also an obvious GM tip, being as obvious as "let's pool our rolls together and severe the connection at once" won't work. Oftimes mere actpower won't save your ass, go creative about it.

The Game is run not on rules but mostly on account of what makes for good story or interesting !!FUN!! stuff, but that should have become obvious by now.

EDIT: and GWG in some games i agree GM-Fiat is not really good/wanted/necessary/useful but in games like this GM-Fiat is the Name of the Game.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: March 21, 2013, 02:29:37 am »

One thing I just noticed that I find rather funny is that everyone keeps condemning Az-Sho (other gods too, but for this example) for turning dwarves into the Fireborn, when the process was:
A: Completely voluntary; only those who has an affinity or special love of fire were called, and
B: it was made pretty clear that Az-Sho was still a child when he did this. (At least I think it was)

Beating a dead horse at this point, but still, it harmed nobody.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: March 21, 2013, 05:07:33 am »

Yes, Egg on the Corvus!

Nice description of the "Battle" though

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: March 21, 2013, 08:47:41 am »

Just a few grammatical/structural fixes to the entity/bestiary lists. Yes, I do get easily annoyed.

Spoiler: Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:35:13 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: March 21, 2013, 09:13:48 am »

I just reread the battle... A bit inaccurate I out say(as I'm halfways across the universe), and I get snuffed out in the end. More like the crow is being struck with invisible  blows, and his very essence shoots away from him to an unknown origin.
I also read the artwork. Great rendition of Aldemas being a "hideous figure creeping behind Corvus, dagger in hand"
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:15:50 am by javierpwn »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: March 21, 2013, 10:23:37 am »

Wait, there are more Mirrorborn than everything else combined? I suppose not living on the worst planet in the multiverse has its benefits.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: March 21, 2013, 10:35:51 am »

Basically. Also, typo. You have 1,000,000 not 1,000,000,000 Mirrorborn.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: March 21, 2013, 10:48:29 am »

I've set a line of succession when Corvus dies. Hell if the position of the Ruler in Ravenas vanishes.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:53:06 am by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 379