Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515066 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Great General's Brazilian Wax [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4890 on: March 08, 2018, 08:13:34 pm »

Anyhow, my takeaway from various people is that stuff like this have usually been months in the works (though I guess in a way, it has been in the works for months to get to this point) before announcement, not sprung by surprise. A month or two doesn't seem like much time to prepare for something of this magnitude, especially for an adminstration not staffed well like this one.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4891 on: March 11, 2018, 11:33:52 am »

Americans... Averting war? What the fuck is this timeline

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: March 11, 2018, 11:37:15 am »

Truly a sign that the End Times are upon us.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: March 11, 2018, 11:39:36 am »

Lol.

He could still easily screw up in a thousand ways and NK could easily screw him a thousand ways as well.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: March 11, 2018, 11:48:10 am »

Lol.

He could still easily screw up in a thousand ways and NK could easily screw him a thousand ways as well.
Sarcasm and shitposting in equal measures. It's really odd though.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: April 17, 2018, 10:19:15 am »

Been a while since anything new was posted in here. Looks like there are talks to officially end the Korean War, which ended as a shooting war, but never got an official end of hostilities.

I have no idea if this is the first time the Koreas have tried to reach an official peace treaty, but it'd be a pretty big step forward if they do reach one. Removal of the DMZ and the troops along the border don't seem likely to happen in the near future though.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: April 25, 2018, 06:33:03 am »

Hongkong newspaper South China Morning Post reports that Kim-Jong-Un's announcement to stop nuclear testing isn't as much a desire for normalization of international relations, but it's more one born out of nescessity, and Chinese pressure.

Simply put, NK can no longer perform any nuclear test, because they don't have any test sites left.
Mount Mantap, under which NK performed it's underground tests has collapsed to a degree that there is simply not enough structural integrity left of the facilities.
After the last test, which struck an enormous underground crater, part of the mountain, 500m below the top, collapsed.

What's worrying China is that the collapse opened up a chimney, which could easily allow radioactive debris to be carried over to China if the winds are blowing right.
China is also worried that the Changbai volcano, at the border of China and North Korea, could be activated by any further nuclear test induced earthquakes.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/wereldvrede-zonder-mount-mantap-kan-kim-jong-un-helemaal-geen-kernproeven-doen~a4595795/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: April 25, 2018, 06:47:12 am »

The 200 dead at their nuclear testing facility probably hurt. Given that North Korea has not much more population than Australia and a shoe-string budget, my guess is that the incident set them back much further in terms of expertise than they're admitting.

e.g. if their nuclear program is in fact in tatters then it's worth more as a bargaining chip than an actual program. It would also be a hot potato - they'd need to use it as a bargaining chip before people realize it's a lemon. e.g. they get concessions for promising to give away something that's already broken beyond repair.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:50:49 am by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: April 25, 2018, 06:56:43 am »

This open chimney is worrisome though. Sounds like it is time for a UN-mandated nuclear inspection, and perhaps an international effort to fill up the mountain with concrete. Ofcourse, this has to be proposed by China, not by Western nations.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: April 25, 2018, 09:27:10 am »

I had guessed that the closed nuclear testing site was the one which had an accident since it makes much more sense for them to willingly close a testing site if they are unable to use it anymore, especially if they literally can't and aren't just short on funds and the site is still useable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4900 on: April 25, 2018, 09:33:02 am »

NUCLEAR VOLCANO WAR

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: April 25, 2018, 11:12:14 am »

His words are backed by the power of nuclear volcanos.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: RADIOACTIVE LAVA RAINS UPON THE STREETS OF SHENYANG [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4903 on: April 27, 2018, 05:30:54 am »

Great Leader crosses into Worst Korean territory as summit begins.

Am I the only one thinking that those are some rockin' witch hunter outfits in the procession photo?

Sorry, damn, I'd promised no more cultural insensitivity for the week...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RADIOACTIVE LAVA RAINS UPON THE STREETS OF SHENYANG [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4904 on: April 27, 2018, 05:39:32 am »

Trump will take the credit for this, but it's honestly one of the few times idgaf that Trump will take credit for something, since it's just such a relief that it's going in this direction.

Like if a huge asteroid almost hit the Earth but just missed, and Trump tweeted how the asteroid saw Trump and steered clear, I'd be lenient on that since I'd be grateful to be alive.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 341