Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515296 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: and everything is fine now i guess [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4950 on: May 04, 2018, 02:17:46 pm »

Yeah, now way this goes the route of a middle-east clusterfuck, mostly because it's a much more culturally homogenous region, ie there isn't fifty billion different sects gunning for each others heads all the time.

Ideally I think some sort of very loose federation between the K's with a gradual integration would be the best solution. It'd minimze the shock of such economically/socially disparate societies openly meeting while allowing for a gradual change and integration of both.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: May 04, 2018, 11:48:05 pm »

Well, if NK does destabilize and go south, someone has to secure the nuclear weapons and nuclear facilties lest the nuclear materials fall into the wrong hands (that is, the terrorists), and I think China shares the same concern that the US has as far as that goes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: May 04, 2018, 11:49:49 pm »

WMD Hunt 2018, hang Saddam now
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: May 05, 2018, 03:59:39 am »

In a magnanimous display of friendship, Glorious Leader changes the very fabric of time.

EDIT: Also, this looks rather interesting. Kim Jong-Un was given a gift of a USB stick containing detailed information about potentially viable trade and transportation routes around NK, and how to go about developing them. There's also word of there being info for setting up a power plant on there.

All depending on if/how that stick gets used, this could be a huge step in developing North Korea and getting it connected with the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4954 on: May 08, 2018, 08:05:33 pm »

oh boy time to sell anime to nkorea

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: May 08, 2018, 11:18:43 pm »

Reports are that Sec. of State Pompeo will return with the three detainees and also the time, date, and maybe place, of the summit.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: May 09, 2018, 01:29:45 am »

I think what is happening is that the NK leadership genuinelly believed the only thing keeping them from a foreignee invasion were the constant nuclear tests (rather than the far more likely "smelly kid hypothesis"), and now that is perma-offline for the time being, they are acting uber-tame, as they are expecting a mass invasion any time now
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: May 09, 2018, 01:41:24 am »

I think what is happening is that the NK leadership genuinelly believed the only thing keeping them from a foreignee invasion were the constant nuclear tests (rather than the far more likely "smelly kid hypothesis"), and now that is perma-offline for the time being, they are acting uber-tame, as they are expecting a mass invasion any time now

That has certainly been their official position (and the justification for the songun chongch'i since it began over two decades ago); I suspect part of this relative quiet is worry over internal unrest as people come to understand that the country does not need to run itself ragged supporting an ever-increasing military force to maintain its independence.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: May 15, 2018, 05:17:14 pm »

Looks like drama decided it had enough of a vacation, NK is threatening to cancel the summit over some military exercises. I don’t know if Kim is caving to internal political pressures or is trying to play Trump at his own game or like what here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: May 15, 2018, 05:19:45 pm »

Maybe they have enough of an atomic program left to keep it running for a bit longer after all?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: May 15, 2018, 05:24:03 pm »

Don’t they usually make those protest statements right at the start of those exercises or within 24 hours or something though? Could have been aimed at their domestic audience, dunno.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: May 16, 2018, 04:51:53 am »

How about... the DPRK still wants peace but is put off by how it's doing most of the work here and frustrated that the ROK-US alliance can't even make a gesture by backing off these military drills that it feels are threatening? I dunno. Seems more likely than there being some kind of multi-dimensional plot involved.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4962 on: May 16, 2018, 05:43:12 am »

Alternatively, Kim Jong-un saw his shadow so now we have 6 more weeks of terror.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: May 24, 2018, 12:18:33 am »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: May 24, 2018, 12:20:21 am »

Finally, normalcy.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 341