Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435635 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: UE and SW Hunters
« Reply #2475 on: November 09, 2013, 08:16:49 pm »

((Traps 2: Return of the Pole.))
((Poles have a long and honorable history of helping us in a way or another.))

>I've got a few curious sensory readings. One being a Series of doors being opened and left that way, precluding it from being any sort of automated system, since they would close doors. Second being a strange heat signature, and the last being a loss of signal for a sensor array.

"Well, let me see..."

Get a map from Steve if necessary, and check where the series of doors being opened can lead to - how many options someone heading that way has. If it can ultimately lead only to one final destination, then send a message to the group - "Heading to [insert place], only possible path for whatever is opening the doors." - and head there to take a look.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2476 on: November 09, 2013, 08:32:01 pm »

"Fuck it. Flint, I'm going in for a bit to check things out a little. Go get someone who can fit in with me while I wait a bit inside. I'm not going to go too far in but please run."
"Fuck that shit man. I don't need a battlesuit to kick that guy's ass." said Flint, pressing the release button and removing his arms from the control cuffs. "Just stay close and keep your eyes open." He checked his equipment. Mining laser, check, monoatomic razor, check, smoke grenades, check, monitoring equipment, check, assorted crap, check. Let's get the bastard. "Just wish I could take the cameyes..."

Get out of the battlesuit, lock it (do they have alarms?) and go into the tunnel with Bishop, shield ready. Proceed forward alone if he's too scared to follow me.
I can still carry the mining laser, right? It's got cutting laser stats so that means a STR requirement of 5, right?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:35:14 pm by Parisbre56 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 09, 2013, 08:39:11 pm »

(( Did all of our fliers on the SW team head below ground? Cause if so, I might have to change my action to be 'let out someone on top of that LESHO tube' ))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2478 on: November 09, 2013, 08:44:58 pm »

(( Did all of our fliers on the SW team head below ground? Cause if so, I might have to change my action to be 'let out someone on top of that LESHO tube' ))
((Well, if I had kept waiting for other people to do stuff, I'd be stuck up there forever. You're free to send someone borrow my battlesuit if you want.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 09, 2013, 10:47:53 pm »

Wait for my team to do something.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 09, 2013, 11:31:27 pm »

Also this.

Follow Kriyella's lead
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 10, 2013, 12:37:08 am »

(( Alright then XD ))

Looks like all the fliers have left the sky. Wonderful. Alright, Blackship squad, I'm going to approach that unfinished Gauss catapult. Jump out and take a look, I'll come back for you if there's nothing interesting about it.

Approach the roof at a level safe to jump to it, or the edge of the roof if I don't think I can get low enough to the roof. Let some of my crew out, then accelerate off into a search pattern.

Closely watch the roof while approaching. Do not continue if I see any movement.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 10, 2013, 08:44:57 am »

Looks like all the fliers have left the sky. Wonderful. Alright, Blackship squad, I'm going to approach that unfinished Gauss catapult. Jump out and take a look, I'll come back for you if there's nothing interesting about it.

"Hey captain skylar, do you want me to help search on the roof or would you rather I stay in the shuttle should another lesho round be fired?"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 10, 2013, 09:04:13 am »

"Roger that."

Let Skylar drop me on the roof, try to get a good look at the surroundings.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 10, 2013, 12:27:28 pm »

"Hey captain skylar, do you want me to help search on the roof or would you rather I stay in the shuttle should another lesho round be fired?"

Good question... Stay aboard for now, recover that brain some more. If they find a trail to follow I'll come back and drop you. It will probably depend on Steve's answer, as to whether or not the SW's can fire LESHO rounds at will. If they can't, then as soon as we sweep the rest of the area and confirm that there are no more catapults, I'll be reasonably convinced that the threat of LESHO fire is over, since the SW would essentially have to reveal himself to setup and fire.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 10, 2013, 01:05:30 pm »

Good question... Stay aboard for now, recover that brain some more. If they find a trail to follow I'll come back and drop you. It will probably depend on Steve's answer, as to whether or not the SW's can fire LESHO rounds at will. If they can't, then as soon as we sweep the rest of the area and confirm that there are no more catapults, I'll be reasonably convinced that the threat of LESHO fire is over, since the SW would essentially have to reveal himself to setup and fire.

"Aye aye, captn'. Snoozing on."

"Really, you attack once and you're already sleeping? Pathetic."

Snooze on, keep recharging brain. Wonder how sleeping in a robobody works.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 10, 2013, 02:11:13 pm »

((I'm...relatively sure this is where I'm supposed to be? I'm with Lars' team. If I'm in the wrong thread please tell me))

((Yeah, you're good))

Lars peers into the hole.  "We must follow divine commands."

Lead the team slowly through the tunnel.  Lars first, with Xan close behind using his eye-things to scout the tunnel.  Use pole that I think we all have to poke around in front.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 10, 2013, 02:39:48 pm »

((Xan [i[is[/i] the eye-thing.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 10, 2013, 04:51:58 pm »

*glick* Very well then, though there's nothing up 'till the bend.

Slither along behind Lars, alerting him to any hostile things. Be a better scout eye than those mechanical ones!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 10, 2013, 07:34:22 pm »

((Well, if I had kept waiting for other people to do stuff, I'd be stuck up there forever. You're free to send someone borrow my battlesuit if you want.))
((Why in the HELL would you leave behind your battlesuit? What possible logic could there be for that?

"Oh I think the extremely well trained super-snipers with mind control powers totally need to catch a break. I mean its not like they would have stood anything RESEMBLING a chance against a guy in a metal suit with a shiv and spitballs."))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 243