Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 140775 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess
« Reply #390 on: October 25, 2016, 11:49:35 am »

Sorry about stupid question - how to create minecart track with Dfhack in adventurer or arena mode?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 25, 2016, 01:02:29 pm »

Sorry about stupid question - how to create minecart track with Dfhack in adventurer or arena mode?
you need a pick and a hard floor.
also a workshop that just allows you to build minecart tracks.
probably under the construction tab in the build menu
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 25, 2016, 01:27:51 pm »

and now errybodys gonna overlook my questions. also isnt there a track carving option?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 25, 2016, 03:35:02 pm »

well I haven't fiddle too deep with adv fort recently to get hit with any of your problems.
1 I don't play dwarves to help you there. gonna say they have strong livers... that and maybe advfort now gives you access to all custom workshops?
2 feels like a raw question a
3. you can set up farm plots and grow your own food other than that uhh shrug.
4. what the hell is coke crash?
"body swapping and YOU!"

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 25, 2016, 04:11:59 pm »

i said making coke crash, game crashes upon completing make coke job (yes, both)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:14:02 pm by adamkad1 »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2016, 09:58:27 am »

Now a bunch of questions
1-do dwarves have any things unique to them still? i havent really noticed, and my nondwarves werent from dwarvish civilisations
2-any ideas on whats wrong with decorating? lacking the preserve reagent tag or what?
3-any progress on fixing plant gathering? would be fun to do even though i set up a reaction to turn growths into seeds in meantime
4-any ideas on making coke crash?
well, although they do have bigger livers, they have [TRANCES] and [ALCOHOLD_DEPENDANT]. [STRANG_MOODS] also, so only dwarves can get moods. [SYNDROME_DILUTION_FACTOR:INEBRIATION:150]. I think no other creature in vanilla has any of this.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 02, 2016, 04:48:38 am »

and now errybodys gonna overlook my questions. also isnt there a track carving option?
Yes you can carve tracks

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 02, 2016, 10:51:19 am »

Now a bunch of questions
1-do dwarves have any things unique to them still? i havent really noticed, and my nondwarves werent from dwarvish civilisations
2-any ideas on whats wrong with decorating? lacking the preserve reagent tag or what?
3-any progress on fixing plant gathering? would be fun to do even though i set up a reaction to turn growths into seeds in meantime
well, although they do have bigger livers, they have [TRANCES] and [ALCOHOLD_DEPENDANT]. [STRANG_MOODS] also, so only dwarves can get moods. [SYNDROME_DILUTION_FACTOR:INEBRIATION:150]. I think no other creature in vanilla has any of this.

all the stuff i allready knew about. also is it even possible to enter strange mood in this thing? I got ideas how that could work if not but its weird

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 02, 2016, 11:08:40 am »

Now a bunch of questions

all the stuff i allready knew about. also is it even possible to enter strange mood in this thing? I got ideas how that could work if not but its weird
uhh no strange moods are a fort mode mechanic tied to emotions of your character, if you say end up lucky and caught your adventurer in the middle of a mood they won't affect advfort.
dwarves are not that special outside of what ever fort mode stuff that carries over to adventure mode.
like at worst is you drove your adventure into melancholy(in fort mode) and now there no natural prevention from falling off cliffs.

edit: okay so it seems like advfort -c will give you angelic metals if you use charcoal and... a small rock which I guess is made of nothing or everything good to know if one wants god armor at the start.
also advfort -c doesn't require you to need an anvil to make any forge.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:13:35 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 02, 2016, 01:31:42 pm »

but thats for losers... seriously if you wanted godly armour, why not spawn it

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 02, 2016, 07:05:47 pm »

oh it more of a hey you can get hardcoded randomized raw stuff with out having to figure out the Raw name for it.
but yeah I probably won't use this, given I'm not really a combat player probably turn this stuff into beds or cups,
also kinda in a weird way using anything in the recipe other than just charcoal just leads to X armor where X is the object you used to make it.
I was using silt as a substitute for charcoal and kept ending up with silt armors or flowery helmets.
this being the only time the game just poop out shimmery angel metal from a modded "get rock" reaction and some charcoal in a dumb attempt to make a rock chopping axe.
"body swapping and YOU!"

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2016, 09:31:18 am »

this is getting real confusing

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2016, 11:50:09 am »

Incidentally, I have successfully triggered and completed a strange mood with advfort and some dfhack fuckery, but I then found it easier later to just skip the mood and insert the artifact via a createitem type method with artifake.

I'll be updating it and such once the last few symbols get found, can't use advfort with linux 64 bit until ui_advmode symbol is found.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2016, 09:05:33 am »

oh it more of a hey you can get hardcoded randomized raw stuff with out having to figure out the Raw name for it.
but yeah I probably won't use this, given I'm not really a combat player probably turn this stuff into beds or cups,
also kinda in a weird way using anything in the recipe other than just charcoal just leads to X armor where X is the object you used to make it.
I was using silt as a substitute for charcoal and kept ending up with silt armors or flowery helmets.
this being the only time the game just poop out shimmery angel metal from a modded "get rock" reaction and some charcoal in a dumb attempt to make a rock chopping axe.

What is this modded reaction? I've been wanting to get angelic metal but I havent been able to find a vault
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2016, 02:04:11 pm »

What is this modded reaction? I've been wanting to get angelic metal but I havent been able to find a vault
oh uhh kinda I haven't tested if 2 charcoal and any object would net angel metal, but that stuff is randomly generated and hardcoded and possibly impossible to just make a mod to spawn the world's angel metal. that said all I did was go into the fort mode metal smithing option of Shining metal and used cheat mode to bypass the item restriction on crafting.
and luck out into getting the metal usually cramming any 3 items 2 being 150 dimension wise usual net you a product made up of those items.
like leather, 2 silt for a Shimmering metal helmet = either a silt helmet or a leather helmet but 2 charcoal + rock for a shimmering metal helmet = a shimmering helmet.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31