Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 140226 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort building (aka dfhack r3 was released)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 10:01:09 pm »

i found some bugs that happen when you use this and im not sure if their fixable but il post some of the bugs that i found any ways.

- Making drink at the Still crashes game upon item completion
- lots of options to craft stuff not there (this could be due to a lack of skill the adventurer has but im pretty new to df so yeah...)
- Dismantling any stone wall such as a tomb spawns a very small amount of magma at your feet and it is pickup able... and then melts you (again not sure if this happens in normal fortmode)

Found a few more but i forgot them... damn
just tested that by making a barrel, and grabbing plants from a town farm so far yeah you can make a drink from it.
more so made prinkle berry wine. so that's not the case, can you explain what tools you use and which type of plant?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Freak2121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 12:17:35 am »

It happens to crash on random, but only when using this mod. I tried to make a slab twice and I crashed both times, but on my third try it worked fine.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 03:39:23 am »

I wield bronze great axe, and for some reason I cannot chop down trees ("you do not have required tool").

One of my arms is damaged, but that's it. Any idea how to fix it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 03:53:30 am »

I have a request, since I think changing keybindings requires recompiling and I don't have an environment set up (I doubt I even have VStudio installed now). Could you change labor changing to v/b? I plan to bind advtool to Ctrl-X (quite logical, because X is custom butchering/crafting), and v/b are close and mean nothing in adventure mode.

I plan to rework crafting system in Genesis Reborn to go with this amazing plugin.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 04:20:25 am »

I've found a funny bug. I've constructed a chest and when I "TAB"-bed to put stuff into it, there was someone's right lower arm. I tried to put it in, and it appeared to be a goblin's arm (it appeared in the chest). It was a fresh adventurer and I had no such item in inventory. What gives?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 04:48:10 am »

I have a request, since I think changing keybindings requires recompiling and I don't have an environment set up (I doubt I even have VStudio installed now). Could you change labor changing to v/b? I plan to bind advtool to Ctrl-X (quite logical, because X is custom butchering/crafting), and v/b are close and mean nothing in adventure mode.

I plan to rework crafting system in Genesis Reborn to go with this amazing plugin.
Nope it does not need recompiling.Check out the file gui/advfort. The start contains this:
Code: [Select]
keybinds={
nextJob={key="CUSTOM_SHIFT_T",desc="Next job in the list"}, --change it to whatever you want ;)
prevJob={key="CUSTOM_SHIFT_R",desc="Previous job in the list"},
continue={key="A_WAIT",desc="Continue job if available"},
down_alt1={key="CUSTOM_CTRL_D",desc="Use job down"},
down_alt2={key="CURSOR_DOWN_Z_AUX",desc="Use job down"},
up_alt1={key="CUSTOM_CTRL_E",desc="Use job up"},
up_alt2={key="CURSOR_UP_Z_AUX",desc="Use job up"},
use_same={key="A_MOVE_SAME_SQUARE",desc="Use job at the tile you are standing"},
workshop={key="CHANGETAB",desc="Show building menu"},
}

i found some bugs that happen when you use this and im not sure if their fixable but il post some of the bugs that i found any ways.

- Making drink at the Still crashes game upon item completion
- lots of options to craft stuff not there (this could be due to a lack of skill the adventurer has but im pretty new to df so yeah...)
- Dismantling any stone wall such as a tomb spawns a very small amount of magma at your feet and it is pickup able... and then melts you (again not sure if this happens in normal fortmode)

Found a few more but i forgot them... damn
- first one not sure... I was making drinks okay. From what did you make the drink? also where (e.g. in site or some random wilderness?).
- could you list what is missing?
- this is a df bug. And it should happen in fort mode too. It does not set correct value to the stone wall apparently.

Currently there is a way to make your own site (so that constructions are not forgotten when you leave) and it should work better (i.e. making stuff without a site is a really big hack...). Unfortunately it's plagued by another DF bug- when you sleep or move in/out the same site DF loads creatures+adds some more from populations thus effectively exponentially growing the population. This makes ALL the sites lag as hell because after few sleeps or travels (to hoard stuff to your epic brewery) local unit count is 3000 and it sucks all the fps.

I've found a funny bug. I've constructed a chest and when I "TAB"-bed to put stuff into it, there was someone's right lower arm. I tried to put it in, and it appeared to be a goblin's arm (it appeared in the chest). It was a fresh adventurer and I had no such item in inventory. What gives?
Why this stuff happens to other people? Have no idea how this could even begin to happen...
I wield bronze great axe, and for some reason I cannot chop down trees ("you do not have required tool").

One of my arms is damaged, but that's it. Any idea how to fix it?
you could try to work around and try if DF likes that. Because there are to limitations: mine (that does report this, by checking if you have axe equiped, we could relax this one somewhat...) and DF (this does (almost the) same checks, but we cannot do anything to this). And yes this is probably because of an unusable weapon hand.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 05:38:19 am »

I must say that this is amazing!

Could you please please please make it so we are limited to custom workshops only? Like, make "workshops" and "furnaces" a toggle outside of game? Or even better, to list under "custom workshops" only those workshops which start with ADV_ ? I want to make adventure mode-specific workshops, because honestly building a shitton of vanilla buildings is so fun and takes so much time which everyone wants... /sarcasm

Then I could make adventure mode-only workshops which combine functions of vanilla buildings and miss some reactions I don't want adventurers to have... And they would take more than a single log or boulder to build, like an assortment of tools and things...

So if you could make a toggle to read only workshops starting with ADV_ or something, I would be eternally grateful to you.

P.S. Also would it be possible to gather web outside of loom job? It would be amazing if you could direction-gather it, like you chop trees...

P.P.S. It would be PERFECT if you could allow a toggle to list only workshops which are set up in config file, so you could limit which vanilla can be done and which cannot... And which custom too, without changing raws themselves. This would be a perfect variant, but anything of above would be amazing.

Thank you for your amazing work. It was a dream of mine for a loooong time to be able to chop down a tree and gather those berries when I starve to death.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:40:33 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 05:52:13 am »

I have a question, how to remove a very large farm plot you've occasionally made? My character cannot do it no matter which tile do I try to do it from. You may also want to limit the number of possible width/height to something like 8 or 10.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 06:11:16 am »

I have a question, how to remove a very large farm plot you've occasionally made? My character cannot do it no matter which tile do I try to do it from. You may also want to limit the number of possible width/height to something like 8 or 10.
It is quite random, but remove building with passing turns eventually starts removing the farm. Might need more research. Maybe you need to stand at the border or something...
As for other questions:
- just tried the gather webs job... works strange, you step on the web (without triggering it) but you need to manually pick it up then...
- yes i could add e.g. optional configuration after the keybindings in the form:
forbid_all=false
allowed_shops={} --some list, maybe tokens or something...
forbidden_shops={} --same kind of list
This would work that either you forbid all and then allow some, or just forbid some. However i can't remove the adv-mode workshops from fort mode.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 06:15:39 am »

That would be AMAZING. I am already prepping another Genesis Reborn release with basic crafting overhaul and other stuff to go along with Advfort, and I've made a few adventure-only workshops (thatchery etc). If you could do it, then you would be my hero! :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 06:40:59 am »

- yes i could add e.g. optional configuration after the keybindings in the form:
forbid_all=false
allowed_shops={} --some list, maybe tokens or something...
forbidden_shops={} --same kind of list
oh god i'm jizzing

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 01:24:20 pm »

Deon could just retweak his adventure mode reactions to suit the new Advfort script. Also I think the issue with certain buildings not being build is some buildings don't have a building item. the script expects causing the program to not go through with laying down designation, or worst drops a buggy building in it's place.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 01:39:05 pm »

I just want to make a set of special workshops for adventure only (and keep just a few essential base ones). There's a reason for that, I've already planned the whole production chain to make it less boring but still something you should be working for.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »

bug report!!
farmer workshop doesn't give me any jobs and game crashes consistently when brewing anything at the still. tried 5 times, never managed to do it

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 08:10:46 pm »

bug report!!
farmer workshop doesn't give me any jobs and game crashes consistently when brewing anything at the still. tried 5 times, never managed to do it
okay so what item did you try to brew(and did you use a bucket), I heard this issue before but no one gave a huge detail on what caused this.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31