Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126453 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r13
« Reply #2655 on: June 05, 2015, 12:43:15 am »

Per: Doesn't Gemset have ... item icons?

I grabbed the new pack and generated a new world, using LNP to install Gemset, and some of them seem to show up - bags and barrels, for example - but are constructed items not the same for it? I wasn't sure if this should be asked on GemSet's thread or this one since I remember seeing shots with the constructed items on that thread ... so I thought it might be something with the starter set.

Beds for example show the icon while in a stockpile, but do NOT show the icon when constructed - they just show text. (If you think it's something with Gemset and not the LNP I'll post it over there instead.)

It's a known limitation - building overrides aren't done yet, so constructed stuff (eg built beds) reverts to ASCII.  Frustrating, but it's a work in progress  :-\
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: June 05, 2015, 12:46:05 am »

Ohhh no that's fine, I've just been loosely following it and I wasn't sure if I'd mis-remembered a screenshot - which I just got done going through the thread again and saw that it was stockpiles, not constructed, so oops. It's still a beautiful set regardless, I just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong.

You just replied before I got to editing my post saying I was a dumb and misremembering things.  :P
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: June 05, 2015, 08:31:59 pm »

So there aren't any bugfixes this time?

I've been enjoying the features, here, but I've been having some serious trouble with crashbugs, in a way I have never experienced with DF, even playing back as far as 40d.  I had several crashes that occur just by moving up or down z-levels within my fort, and because of that, I've been saving religiously after every major designation. 

However, even more troubling, saving, itself is severely crash-prone, especially when it gets to the saving world history part.  I'm getting to the point where I think I should be copy-pasting my save folder to save my save before I save, because I'm worried it may cause corruption of the save file.  (I haven't seen a Nemesis Unit Load Fail since 40d, but I just had my first no-liason Autumn...)

I really like TWBT, but if it's causing save corruption and constant two-hours-of-game-loss, it's got to go.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: June 05, 2015, 08:51:15 pm »

- updated view-item-info; now fixed, always-on, and more descriptions
These are the changes that were merged into DFHack, correct?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: June 06, 2015, 02:40:38 am »

- updated view-item-info; now fixed, always-on, and more descriptions
These are the changes that were merged into DFHack, correct?

Yes. I've also seen the issue someone raised, and I'll take a look later this week.
 Donations here.

mattroks101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: June 06, 2015, 10:29:35 pm »

I've tried this pack on two different computers, and on both, the screen is flickering constantly. And it also crashes on embark often. Anyone else having this problem?

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: June 07, 2015, 05:32:32 am »

Past ten or so builds have been randomly crashing on using (T) in adv. mode too
Dabbling Overseer

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: June 07, 2015, 06:43:40 am »

I've tried this pack on two different computers, and on both, the screen is flickering constantly. And it also crashes on embark often. Anyone else having this problem?
Past ten or so builds have been randomly crashing on using (T) in adv. mode too

I'm not sure about the crashing, but the other problems can be solved by running the command "unload twbt" in DFHack.
 Donations here.

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: June 07, 2015, 07:08:18 am »

I will be getting a new laptop with Windows 8 next week, and of course I plan to install this pack on it. It will run on Windows 8, yes? And are there any tips or concerns that I can tweak to help play DF well?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: June 07, 2015, 07:26:17 am »

I will be getting a new laptop with Windows 8 next week, and of course I plan to install this pack on it. It will run on Windows 8, yes? And are there any tips or concerns that I can tweak to help play DF well?

Yes, absolutely!  The only thing you may wish to check is that if you've got a high-resolution screen, disabling application scaling can allow you to play with larger tilesets.
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: June 07, 2015, 10:38:07 am »

I'm not sure about the crashing, but the other problems can be solved by running the command "unload twbt" in DFHack.
This does not work at all - TwbT refuses to allow itself to be unloaded, so attempting to do this will leave the plugin in a "zombie" state with TwbT still active.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: June 11, 2015, 12:35:52 pm »

I'm not sure If I should explain here my problem, but here it goes...

For some reason I'm getting the GL error, is the first time I see this. What can I do?
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: June 11, 2015, 12:37:44 pm »

I'm not sure If I should explain here my problem, but here it goes...

For some reason I'm getting the GL error, is the first time I see this. What can I do?
Edit: I can't play ... :(
Edit2: Sorry for doublepost, "mistakes were made" like the rogue from Heartstone says
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Markous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: June 12, 2015, 04:26:06 am »

Thank you very much for the Starter Pack! :D
I'm an on and off DF player since 2008.

ASCII Art Reward (2012): http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/ASCII_art_reward/M-S#Markous

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: June 13, 2015, 10:50:06 am »

What error, specifically, are you seeing?

Also (unrelated): Is there a reason why this thread uses "40_24" instead of "0.40.24", or at least "40.24"? I'm not really sure where this came from, but it's not particularly consistent (a search for "40_24" on this forum returns 13 results, nearly all of which refer to this pack, while "0.40.24" returns 340).

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 385