Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126458 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r5
« Reply #2775 on: August 03, 2015, 06:54:29 pm »

ataloumpak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r14
« Reply #2776 on: August 07, 2015, 03:31:41 pm »

Hi everyone.
I got win10 recently, and since the update, i can't launch the LNP.exe anymore. The windows of the exe is not launching at all, and i don't have any in my taskmanager. Has anyone had the problem?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: August 07, 2015, 03:38:13 pm »

Do you mean PyLNP.exe? Is there anything in stderr.txt (not stderr.log)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ataloumpak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: August 08, 2015, 02:50:45 am »

I exactly mean PyLNP.exe! Sorry for the mistake.
And i don't have a stderr.txt. :(

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: August 09, 2015, 03:27:13 am »

I switched my fort over to this pack from vanilla, in order to get all the nice QOL features.

I played for a while, then realised there were no dorfs anywhere

And then I realised

How do I get rid of that awful disgusting indistinguishable sprite that's replaced dwarves in the "vanilla ASCII" textures?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: August 09, 2015, 07:57:07 am »

The "O"? That shouldn't be happening - do you have any duplicate raw files (check errorlog.txt or the data/save/region X/raw/objects folder)?

(Also, it's worth noting that most of the QOL improvements are part of DFHack by default, so you could just use that if you prefer.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:58:45 am by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: August 09, 2015, 10:10:38 am »

Will the Starter Pack and its features work with Old Genesis for DF 40.24b? If so, how do I incorporate it? I like all the additional items, dwarf types, animals, creatures, and enemies the mod adds.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10832
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:01:58 pm by crazz2323 »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: August 09, 2015, 10:41:19 am »

The "O"? That shouldn't be happening - do you have any duplicate raw files (check errorlog.txt or the data/save/region X/raw/objects folder)?

(Also, it's worth noting that most of the QOL improvements are part of DFHack by default, so you could just use that if you prefer.)

Not the tree trunks, those weird little statue shapes.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: August 09, 2015, 10:58:54 am »

Oh, those. Can you check the first few tiles in the first row of the tileset you're using and make sure they're the normal dwarf tiles? The tileset is referenced in data/init/init.txt and found in data/art - it looks like you're using the default ASCII tileset, so it should be curses_640x300.png. If that doesn't work, are you using TwbT (or is it being loaded)?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: August 09, 2015, 11:19:45 am »

Oh, those. Can you check the first few tiles in the first row of the tileset you're using and make sure they're the normal dwarf tiles? The tileset is referenced in data/init/init.txt and found in data/art - it looks like you're using the default ASCII tileset, so it should be curses_640x300.png. If that doesn't work, are you using TwbT (or is it being loaded)?
Uhmm, those are Toady's example graphics for ASCII, not part of the tileset, but found in raw/graphics. To disable you can either delete them from data/save/regionx/raw/graphics or edit one of the init files in data/init: [GRAPHIC:NO]

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: August 09, 2015, 11:53:48 am »

Oh, I hadn't noticed the plain sprite there before. Yeah, [GRAPHICS:NO] (or an equivalent launcher option) should do the trick. Deleting the graphics folder in your save could crash DF, though, so I wouldn't do that.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: August 09, 2015, 07:55:31 pm »

Will the Starter Pack and its features work with Old Genesis for DF 40.24b? If so, how do I incorporate it? I like all the additional items, dwarf types, animals, creatures, and enemies the mod adds.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10832

You should be able to use the mods feature - put the mod raws in ~/LNP/Mods/Genesis/raw/, then merge them using the mods tab in the launcher and generate a new world to start playing.  Results not guaranteed (because merging modded raws can have weird side effects), but I've not heard of any problems for a while.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r15
« Reply #2787 on: August 10, 2015, 01:13:22 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r15!  As usual, you can get it here.

It's time for another update!  With the 40.xx release cycle over - and the next anticipated but not begun - community development has shifted from keeping stuff up to date, to developing new tools!  So this update includes some lovely new tools, and some cleanup I finally got around to.  Enjoy them as you... Strike the Earth!

Changelog:
 - changed "Pure bugfixes" config; now always on via extra_dfhack_init.init
 - autoresetgrid is optional again due to flickering
 - removed fix/feeding-timers; DF fixed this in 40.09 apparently?
 - cleaned out some obsolete files
 - added gui/extended-status; adds bedrooms tab to stocks screen
 - added Lethosor's open-legends.lua; open legends mode from adventure or fort mode
 - added "dwarves" and "points" scripts (determine number of each at embark)

SHA256:  f7378dfbc5d048aff74064c2613b6c6641e1da5061ad77bfbc8fbb26b9e51f9e
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: August 10, 2015, 05:18:26 am »

PeridexisErrant, thanks again for your tireless efforts at making the game accessible (achieved beautifully) and the players sane (noble, but ultimately impossible).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: August 10, 2015, 06:36:51 am »

The "dwarves" script is identical to startdwarf.

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 385