Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126546 times)

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3495 on: April 15, 2016, 04:09:50 pm »

Is there an email group or something I can subscribe to that will tell me when a new pack releases? Don't really want to check here too often.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: April 15, 2016, 06:16:06 pm »

Is there an email group or something I can subscribe to that will tell me when a new pack releases? Don't really want to check here too often.

Yep,  get a DFFD account and "watch" the file.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: April 17, 2016, 03:15:20 pm »

Nice, thanks.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 42.06-r03
« Reply #3498 on: April 21, 2016, 03:32:01 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.42.06-r03! As usual, you can get it here.

This update has been an unusually long time coming, but I think it's worth it:  various small to medium improvements, and you can now play a full game of DF in true 3D with Armok Vision.  Yes, really!  The other exciting news is that with DFHack in beta, we're very nearly back to stable starter packs - which may also enable less cautious experiments  ;)

Until then, as always... Strike the Earth!

0.42.06-r03
 - changed "Gemset" to "GemSet" graphics; fixes display
 - updated Ironhand graphics
 - updated DFHack to beta1
 - updated TwbT
 - updated Armok Vision

SHA256:  f2d9cafb91fa855361fb9cead5c91f861755d36f0e7b439f7b4e847ec8cad858

Update:  hotfix for utility list in launcher; new sha256 a3202ada28d796291d3b43c5fa3c69ac42b07680289e2b5d370615c02cdaf03f
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:34:34 am by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: April 21, 2016, 10:14:40 am »

Is it just me, or did the language raws get re-saved in a character encoding that doesn't preserve the diacritics?  They should be saved in CP 437, so if you open them in an editor that, by default, saves in UTF-8 or something, the diacritics disappear.  Just looking at language_DWARF.txt right now, for example, I see "[T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:gostang]" instead of "[T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:g•stang]"

Maybe just a quirk of the compression settings you chose for the archive?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: April 21, 2016, 11:43:00 am »

Is it just me, or did the language raws get re-saved in a character encoding that doesn't preserve the diacritics?  They should be saved in CP 437, so if you open them in an editor that, by default, saves in UTF-8 or something, the diacritics disappear.  Just looking at language_DWARF.txt right now, for example, I see "[T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:gostang]" instead of "[T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:g•stang]"

Do you have one of the graphics packs installed? They free up the accented characters so they can be used for other items.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: April 21, 2016, 12:12:43 pm »

Do you have one of the graphics packs installed? They free up the accented characters so they can be used for other items.

I'm just looking at what's in the .zip file, without changing anything.  Both the current and previous version of the Starter Pack come with Phoebus installed by default, but only the current one is missing the diacritics from the raws.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: April 21, 2016, 12:23:52 pm »

I just updated from 42.06r02.

First caravan that arrived is the infamous "missing/invisible" caravan from the 42.05 release.  Worked fine in 42.06r02.  Just a heads up.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: April 21, 2016, 03:42:49 pm »

The launcher won't launch for me. I double click it, it shows up in the Task Manager for a few seconds, and then disappears. Tried excluding it from anti-virus, running in compatibility mode and with admin permissions, but doesn't make a difference. This is on Windows 10 64-bit.

Writes me a log file saying:
Code: [Select]
WARNING: JSONConfiguration: File PyLNP.user does not exist
ERROR: Failed to read settings, .\Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 not really a DF dir?
  File "<string>", line 12, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.lnp", line 63, in __init__
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.lnp", line 129, in initialize_df
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.df", line 35, in find_df_folder
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.df", line 56, in set_df_folder
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.df", line 134, in load_params
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.log", line 99, in e
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.log", line 85, in log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 12, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.lnp", line 63, in __init__
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.lnp", line 129, in initialize_df
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.df", line 35, in find_df_folder
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.df", line 56, in set_df_folder
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.df", line 135, in load_params
IOError: Failed to read settings, .\Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 not really a DF dir?
(there is no "Michael Madsen" directory on my computer)

Any ideas? :/

EDIT: Nevermind. Redownloading and reinstalling twice apparently fixed it ?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:50:29 pm by baldamundo »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: April 21, 2016, 07:06:17 pm »

I'm currently investigating problems with the utilities tab - it looks like manifests aren't being applied properly.

I'm just looking at what's in the .zip file, without changing anything.  Both the current and previous version of the Starter Pack come with Phoebus installed by default, but only the current one is missing the diacritics from the raws.

No idea what's causing that; nothing should have changed at all.  I'll blame weirdness in the previous (meant-to-be-identical) raws and move on...

The launcher won't launch for me. I double click it, it shows up in the Task Manager for a few seconds, and then disappears. Tried excluding it from anti-virus, running in compatibility mode and with admin permissions, but doesn't make a difference. This is on Windows 10 64-bit.

Looks like antivirus deleted something crucial like the DF executable, and PyLNP freaked out.  That's just the build path Pidgeot uses, because he's using an old build system that includes absolute paths...  (update to Pyinstaller 3.1 dude!)
 Donations here.

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: April 24, 2016, 05:12:57 pm »

Guess what we have now?

We have a stable dfhack release for 0.42.06!

... of course, this happens not long after you update. It seems you are the Oracle of the Updates - either for DF itself, or for dfhack and other "critical" utilities! This joke will never die.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: April 24, 2016, 05:25:05 pm »

Most pack maintainers do watch the DFHack thread, by the way (and DT, etc.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: April 24, 2016, 06:08:12 pm »

Most pack maintainers do watch the DFHack thread, by the way (and DT, etc.)
Just how many pack maintainers are there?

(It was sad but not unexpected that one research team was able to get a sufficiently large sample size of former reality show contestants for a study.)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: April 24, 2016, 08:59:03 pm »

We have a stable dfhack release for 0.42.06!

... of course, this happens not long after you update. It seems you are the Oracle of the Updates - either for DF itself, or for dfhack and other "critical" utilities! This joke will never die.

Yay, just waiting on TwbT now.

(Of course I watch all the threads, and I also wrote some tools to check for and download the latest version of everything.)

You can kill a man, dwarf, elf, salt fiend, etc but ideas jokes never die!

Just how many pack maintainers are there?
Myself, until recently Fricy, and somewhere between zero and five Linux people?  It's hard to keep track, packs tend to come and go.
 Donations here.

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: April 25, 2016, 09:25:21 pm »

Hey-ho, just a random suggestion, but would you consider adding this as a color scheme option?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These are the old DOS-style colors, and I prefer them for a few reasons: brown is prettier, light and dark gray are further apart, and dark colors (particularly blue) are a little easier to see.

Suggested Name: Classic
Akur Akir Akam!
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 385