Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126349 times)

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3615 on: May 22, 2016, 12:18:41 pm »

By the way, is there any tileset that makes it so that empty spaces do not look so confusing? There is literally no difference between normal tiles and empty spaces :/

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: May 22, 2016, 12:24:39 pm »

What tileset are you using, and what do you mean by "normal tiles"? If you mean floor tiles, I'm not familiar with tilesets where they look like empty space.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: May 22, 2016, 12:33:49 pm »

This is Spacefox.

I may be color blind, but the two look almost identical. The only thing helping is the downward slope, but it's still pretty confusing. And it's the same for every other tileset I've tested.

drgnlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: May 22, 2016, 12:45:52 pm »

This is Spacefox.

I may be color blind, but the two look almost identical. The only thing helping is the downward slope, but it's still pretty confusing. And it's the same for every other tileset I've tested.

That is actually the tile below the empty space tile. For TWBT you can adjust the "fog" effect that is applied for each z-level of empty space you see through or limit the number of levels that can be seen, under the 'multilevel' command in the dfhack screen.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: May 22, 2016, 12:50:40 pm »

Thanks, I just had to type in "multilevel 0" and now it's good.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: May 22, 2016, 08:09:18 pm »

It sounds like something was wrong with the art folder in the graphics pack and copying it over failed. It's hard to say what exactly; was it a specific pack that caused the issue, or any pack?

If you have a reproducible test, try running PyLNP from a command prompt with the argument "-d" and then make it fail to install that graphics pack. This will output a bit more debugging info into the log (it's worth a shot, at least).
Completely bone stock starter pack; doesn't matter which graphic set I use.

I recorded a demo video, maybe you could try yourself and see if the same thing happens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdX2McVhTdg  (whoops quality issues)

note: I kept changing graphic sets to show proof it was changing just fine; that isn't required, you can just break it from the start by viewing one of DF's subfolders (not sure if every one applies, but just to be safe go in the raw folder).

Right, I've managed to reproduce this on my end as well now. This isn't an issue with the pack itself; I was able to do this with the stuff I have laying around from 34.11.

Still not sure *why* it's going wrong, but I'll investigate as soon as I have a chance to do so.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:14:30 pm by Pidgeot »

f4nt4sy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: May 23, 2016, 08:12:12 am »

people pls. i did not critique perridexis or anyone. i was just confused when seeing 2013 or something in the "last updated". see it now, too. was a little tired. i just read the differences between the lnp and the newest release and there are so many changes. i just cant wait for it to happen, no need to defend his pace. i never said anything negative, did i? so relax and lay back. just asking stuff. dont react so edgy, damn.

anyways, looking foward to it. what did you mean by "tools need to be upgraded"? df hack and so on? is perridexis only collecting these tools? then i would understand that. thought the code is also his in whole. in fact the only thing i really miss vs. vanilla is the workflow and the therapist. but i guess they both depend on dfhack?! noob questions here.

have a nice one, people!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: May 23, 2016, 08:25:18 am »

people pls. i did not critique perridexis or anyone. i was just confused when seeing 2013 or something in the "last updated". see it now, too. was a little tired. i just read the differences between the lnp and the newest release and there are so many changes. i just cant wait for it to happen, no need to defend his pace. i never said anything negative, did i? so relax and lay back. just asking stuff. dont react so edgy, damn.

anyways, looking foward to it. what did you mean by "tools need to be upgraded"? df hack and so on? is perridexis only collecting these tools? then i would understand that. thought the code is also his in whole. in fact the only thing i really miss vs. vanilla is the workflow and the therapist. but i guess they both depend on dfhack?! noob questions here.

have a nice one, people!

No worries, I didn't think it was overly negative or anything  8)

I contribute to several things (PyLNP/DFHack/Graphics/etc), but ultimately just collect the pack.  It's certainly not all - or even mostly! - me.

Workflow is part of DFHack.  Therapist shares an early part of the update research, but is a separate project.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Tarsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: May 23, 2016, 12:10:57 pm »

No anger here, just came out a little stronger than I meant maybe.  42.X is a brand new baby, anytime a major version upgrade (34.X, 40.x, 42.X) happens, expect a delay while those guys with the correct brain wiring decipher changes and fix major bugs. Minor version upgrades (X.01, X.04) generally take much less time as the changes are generally less significant.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: May 23, 2016, 04:02:56 pm »

A suggestion for PeridexisErrant: Add a section at the end of the first post in this thread named something like "When will the Starter Pack catch up to the latest DF version?" explaining the steps involved in the process. That might avert 5% of such posts, and most of the others can be directed to that description (but wait until your thesis is done...).

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: May 24, 2016, 03:15:11 am »

Are there known bugs with the r4 release?

Because I have crashes all the time, and since I didn't set saves to seasonally I lost an entire years worth of work... twice...

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: May 24, 2016, 06:51:21 am »

People have had problems with TwbT in the past, so you might try to either remove that, or, even better, catch crash logs and notify the TwbT maintainer, as I believe there is a high interest in tracking down any of these elusive issues. In addition to that, regular DFHack "quicksave" commands can cut down on the grief.

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: May 24, 2016, 06:21:25 pm »

So I cant figure out how to change keyboard commands... Lazy newb pack used to have an option so the < > keys worked without holding shift and maybe a couple other "easy mode" options... How can I find that one again?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: May 24, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »

So I cant figure out how to change keyboard commands... Lazy newb pack used to have an option so the < > keys worked without holding shift and maybe a couple other "easy mode" options... How can I find that one again?

On the first ('options') tab of the launcher, you can select your keybindings.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: May 24, 2016, 07:01:29 pm »

On the first ('options') tab of the launcher, you can select your keybindings.

Yeah but its default... laptop, or laptop without mouse... I dont have the option of easier navigation bindings that I remember.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 385