Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126680 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3825 on: August 09, 2016, 12:22:26 pm »

this newest pack can't launch.
the launcher gives an error message, telling me the file couldn't be accessed.
is it 64 bit only?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

btonasse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: August 09, 2016, 01:42:12 pm »

Hi, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but since I downloaded the new version the game keeps losing focus after I alt-tab into dwarf therapist and commit to some change. I try to get back to the game, but it immediately loses focus and is minimized again onto the taskbar. I'm running it on a bootcamped Windows 7 (Macbook Pro). Did something change in this version and I have to change some setting to make this stop? Thanks for the great work in any case!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: August 09, 2016, 08:35:37 pm »

this newest pack can't launch.
the launcher gives an error message, telling me the file couldn't be accessed.
is it 64 bit only?

No, the pack is not 64bit yet - DF 0.43.03 is still 32bit only.  I do plan to go 64bit as that becomes possible though.

Hi, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but since I downloaded the new version the game keeps losing focus after I alt-tab into dwarf therapist and commit to some change. I try to get back to the game, but it immediately loses focus and is minimized again onto the taskbar. I'm running it on a bootcamped Windows 7 (Macbook Pro). Did something change in this version and I have to change some setting to make this stop? Thanks for the great work in any case!

I don't think anything relevant changed, but if it's really broken you could stick to the working one I guess?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: August 09, 2016, 09:56:09 pm »

Peridexis,

While I'm sure you're working on it, I'm just curious - any concept of a release date for the 64-bit version?  I'm waiting to play DF again for that.  I'm sure you're working hard - just curious if you have a rough estimate. 

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: August 09, 2016, 10:00:53 pm »

He depends on DFHack, which is still a work in progress in the 64bit version

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: August 09, 2016, 10:22:33 pm »

While I'm sure you're working on it, I'm just curious - any concept of a release date for the 64-bit version?  I'm waiting to play DF again for that.  I'm sure you're working hard - just curious if you have a rough estimate.

As Japa said, I'm really just waiting for DFHack*.  Given that they've never had to do a transition like this before, I've got very little idea how long it might take - but from the outside it seems to be working, if slowly.

*and updating my own tooling for flexibility; I'd like to provide live nightly builds at some point.  This means making sure that eg Therapist is only included if it has a memory layout; generated documentation reflects what actually built rather than unfiltered config, and so on.  It's a work in progress...
 Donations here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: August 10, 2016, 04:59:44 am »

If I could risk I would say a couple of months?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: August 10, 2016, 08:01:05 am »

We made some progress with structure alignment yesterday. It's a bit easier to find problems since we can cross-check 32-bit and 64-bit 0.43.05 against 0.43.03, but it's also easier to find structures that were previously wrong, which requires changing everything that uses them.

Anyway, hopefully it doesn't take that long (at least for pre-releases). By the way, initial pre-releases will likely be more buggy than most, so I would strongly recommend only encouraging people who actually want to help diagnose issues to use them.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: August 10, 2016, 08:29:32 am »

well, current release doesn't run on my machine. the launcher can't be started at all.
i reinstalled the 43.r03 and will use that one until a working release is out.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: August 10, 2016, 09:03:01 am »

By the way, initial pre-releases will likely be more buggy than most, so I would strongly recommend only encouraging people who actually want to help diagnose issues to use them.

Noted.  I'd like to host a live-updating set of use-at-own-risk-nightly builds, but I'll certainly wait for a stable DFHack for the mainline Starter Pack.
 Donations here.

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: August 10, 2016, 12:33:58 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.03-r04!
As usual, you can get it here.

This is an update full of small improvements and bugfixes, in both the launcher and my configuration of the pack.  Slower releases mean more time to track down and fix problems, as well as more time for bug reports to come in!  As usual, I'd love any feedback you might have.

And a happy 10th birthday to Dwarf Fortress - may we strike the earth together for another decade!

0.43.03-r04
 - updated default embark profiles (thanks /u/Gorny1)
 - fixed duplicate sounds in soundsense
 - improved Taffer's colorscheme (thanks Taffer)
 - now using latest PyLNP version (my own tooling error...)
 - new option in DFHack tab: 'Enhanced Gameplay' adds merchants, diplomats
 - TwbT multilevel now optional (DFHack tab) due to reported instability
 - more DFHack bugfixes run automatically
 - updated PyLNP: bugfixes, user content importer, etc

SHA256:  54c171236c49c90b904a1102e8c9a37d3c6bc92beb156477b465c3159bbb619b

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Date on first post! :P I know I keep pushing it but please!

0.43.03-r04   2016-08-10

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: August 10, 2016, 01:49:28 pm »

We made some progress with structure alignment yesterday. It's a bit easier to find problems since we can cross-check 32-bit and 64-bit 0.43.05 against 0.43.03, but it's also easier to find structures that were previously wrong, which requires changing everything that uses them.

Anyway, hopefully it doesn't take that long (at least for pre-releases). By the way, initial pre-releases will likely be more buggy than most, so I would strongly recommend only encouraging people who actually want to help diagnose issues to use them.

How and where do we test the pre-release, Id be happy to do so.

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: August 10, 2016, 05:47:40 pm »

Thank you Peridexis and Lethosor for the update.  I do appreciate it, and am very thankful for your hard work.  DFHack and the LazyNewbPack have highly enhanced my experience of DF. 

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: August 10, 2016, 05:59:45 pm »

How and where do we test the pre-release, Id be happy to do so.
There isn't one yet, but when it does show up, it'll be at https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases and in the DFHack thread (in the utilities subforum).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: August 10, 2016, 06:39:10 pm »

There isn't one yet, but when it does show up, it'll be at https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases and in the DFHack thread (in the utilities subforum).
[/quote]

There must be some information somewhere about this but : This is only the DFHack part of it, how do I merge this to the current version?  Simple copy-paste in the current DF Starter pack?
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 385