Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413300 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.64
« Reply #2205 on: June 18, 2014, 05:43:31 pm »

-snip-

Had a massive brainfart.

"Do you like answering our innane questions?"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:01:11 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: June 18, 2014, 06:37:12 pm »

NO, edit please before it's too late. That's not a yes or no question
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: June 18, 2014, 09:21:01 pm »

We should test whether he can see into spoilers or not somehow. I have no quality questions to put into a spoiler besides maybe,
Spoiler: You can't see meee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:35:13 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: June 21, 2014, 04:00:30 am »

So. We seem to be doing our usual thing, wherein we agree or even really communicate with each other about as much as a herd of cats. Assuming this means things are again answered in order, this would make our current question set the following:

Would you say that would be a bad idea~?
Is it possible to answer this question incorrectly?
Is it possible to eventually go so far as to even be that way, though?
Do you really think we'll get anything useful out of him, though?
-Has Azura been messing with us?

This assuming that "for what PURPOSE" does not count as a question because it has no question mark marking it as a question. After that, next in line, as it were, we have:

-Are there a lot of foreign influences around here?
-Do you like us?
-Are those ponies from this world?
-Do you have a goal here?
-Do you know what we are?
Do you know of LordBucket?
Are you an avatar or incarnation of LordBucket?
Do you know who we are?
Can we continue to ask questions after the game is done?
Do you know what why we are here?
Do you like answering our innane questions?
[Spoiler Test]: Does doing the fish stick require a delicate state of mind?

My general feeling is that our first three questions are useless, our fourth has some potential, and our fifth has some potential but posssibly isn't the greatest as a standalone query. Accordingly, my more specific feeling is that we should really try to actually organize here instead of just losing yet more amazing opportunities to whimsy and sloth.

We know Sheo is knowledgeable and benign. We know it's possible to ask questions that spur exposition without losing the game. The questions I think have meaningful potential to do that are:
-Do you really think we'll get anything useful out of him, though?
-Do you like us?
-Are those ponies from this world?
-Do you know what why we are here?
The rest I don't see spawning meaningful exposition, because I don't see what they'd tangent into. I would like to see all of our five questions be some of these questions or similarly focused ones, rather than the faff we're currently defaulting to.

Is anyone with me on this?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: June 21, 2014, 04:08:17 am »

Oh, and one other thing: Sheo mentioned that we don't have much time. He was looking at the sun, I believe. This hopefully means that we're about to be resurrected/reset, not eaten by void banshees or whatever.

However, "King/rook split." If Sheo or other forces delayed our revival, it's possible there's a specific entity looking out for us. We'll say Azura for argument's sake. Or, put another way, a King's sheltering a Rook (or, I suppose, vice versa, though that'd seem awfully optimistic regarding our cosmic importance). Splitting that would mean snatching us out from under Azura's wing... though for what purpose I can't say, especially since he seems pretty eager to "assist" us in certain ways.

So as an alternative to not getting our body back, losing the game could cost us some other entities' protection/ownership. Assuming our interpretation about it referring to castling was correct to begin with.

Doublepost because organization.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: June 21, 2014, 05:14:57 am »

Oh, and one other thing: Sheo mentioned that we don't have much time. He was looking at the sun, I believe.

No. He was looking at the horizon. In some cases looking at the sun and looking at the horizon would happen to mean looking in the same direction. This was not one of those cases.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: June 21, 2014, 12:08:06 pm »

I'll go with IronyOwl on this, and hope others concur. Hopefully our consensus has meaning to Sheo, and we don't have to go back and edit our posts to prevent the useless questions from being used.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: June 21, 2014, 03:35:38 pm »

Ah, so we're going for the tie after all.

One more to consider: !Sheogorath has pointed out that this is all something bigger than what we've realized. And he's been fairly good about justifying his answers - he says yes or no, when applicable, and then expounds on why it's the case, for the most part. So asking him something on the lines of 'Would it be to our benefit to understand more of the big picture here' (with a question mark if we actually ask it, of course. :P) might explain more and help us make later decisions.

After all, even if it turns out our playmate here is actually a primal force that self-identifies with Eris, Sheogorath, and Tzeench, and is manipulating us as a pawn in some sort of cosmic chess game against other such beings that involves Michael being placed in a Morrowind lookalike world with various beings trying to influence Michael by preying on his fandom and appearing as aspects of Ponydom so he'll end up doing something that they wagered he would while others try to prevent it, (whew, what a run-on sentence!) it doesn't necessarily mean Michael can do anything meaningful to improve his situation on that front if he knows about it. 

On the other hand, maybe they're betting on his survival or escape, and knowing about what's going on would allow Michael (and us) to make pro-survival/escape decisions. And asking !Sheogorath here that would give him the chance to slip us information on what's going on.

tl;dr: Consider asking the question 'Would it be to our benefit to understand more of the big picture here'. (Or asking something similar (and yes/no) about the 'things going on that we had no idea about' that he mentioned.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: June 24, 2014, 04:56:51 am »

So that's one for yes, one for something slightly different, and an awful lot of crickets.

Well then.

-Would it be to our benefit to understand more of the big picture here?

I'll tentatively forward this as our final question set and hope Sheo will favor a set voted more than once over post order. If not, we're basically shafted anyway unless Descan or Mict return and edit things.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: June 24, 2014, 12:06:09 pm »

Also, LB says the hotdog reference was a clue. Not sure what to make of that, but I figure I should tell people this generously donated information.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.63
« Reply #2215 on: June 24, 2014, 03:35:02 pm »

Also, LB says the hotdog reference was a clue. Not sure what to make of that, but I figure I should tell people this generously donated information.

Interesting... The lines were:

He pulls out a hot dog in a bun from inside his coat and tosses the bun into the lake, then hands the hot dog to the dunmer.

"Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to find the tallest tree on Dagon Fel and cut it down with this hot dog!"

!Sheogorath proceeds to answer our question about the hot dog by telling us it was a deliberate attempt to communicate something. Also some additional stuff involving hot dogs follows:

"No! It was a deliberate attempt to communicate something to you."

"Yes, just like it's still a hot dog even if it's cold."

"Ahh, have you ever wondered if a hot dog slides up my nose where no one else can see it, if it makes a slurping noise? It does!"

Things to note:

"Hot dog in a bun" probably isn't a reference to CMOT Dibbler. But the fate of the bun seems like it might be important. He's discarded the wrapper containing the hot dog, but the sausage itself is the important thing. I could see it as supposed to mean that Michael doesn't need his body, and that he can do what he needs to in his current state.

Chopping down a tree with a hot dog is of course a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I don't think saying "Ni" to !Sheogorath will do anything useful, though.

The other two quotes I mention regarding the hot dog seem vaguely possible to have meaning as well, possibly !Sheo trying to reinforce his point. "Still a hot dog even when cold" seems applicable here - it could be read as saying Michael is still a player even without his game body. Similarly, he says the hot dog still has some effect on the world, even if it's unobservable. So, if the hot dog indeed represents Michael, it reinforces the notion that Michael is still capable of doing important things in his current state. Perhaps, in fact, we shouldn't want to return him to life - the abstraction of Morrowind is distracting us from the real task, whatever that is.

Of course, that's all just conjecture. I would be interested in hearing other players' thoughts on the matter.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:07:07 am by Cerol Lenslens »
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: June 24, 2014, 08:47:54 pm »

Perhaps Michael should go find that tree and cut it down.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: June 24, 2014, 08:53:45 pm »

I'm thinking that cutting down a tree with the hot dog references the difficulty of our task. He also DOES seem to be implying death isn't THAT much of a setback. Cold hot dog and bunless hot dog both seem to imply that. No idea what the other quote means.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: June 24, 2014, 09:15:05 pm »

"Hot dog in a bun" probably isn't a reference to CMOT Dibbler. But the fate of the bun might be? He's discarded the wrapper containing the hot dog, but the sausage itself is the important thing. Maybe it's supposed to mean that Michael doesn't need his body? That he can do what he needs to in his current state?
Could be, but that's just the most obvious and convenient of infinite interpretations. He could have been implying that we're looking at the world's window dressing when we need to be looking at its core, or that our status in the world isn't the same as our outward appearance or supposed history.

The other two quotes I mention regarding the hot dog seem vaguely possible to have meaning as well, possibly !Sheo trying to reinforce his point. "Still a hot dog even when cold" seems applicable here - is he saying Michael is still a player even without his game body? Similarly, he says the hot dog still has some effect on the world, even if it's unobservable. So, if the hot dog indeed represents Michael, it reinforces the notion that Michael is still capable of doing important things in his current state. Perhaps, in fact, we shouldn't want to return him to life - the abstraction of Morrowind is distracting us from the real task, whatever that is.
Seems to be reading a bit much into it for me.

Hugo, it's just come to my attention that you have the first post immediately after the update, before all of the useless faff. If you edited more promising questions into that post, and Sheo goes by post order and not edit timestamps, you might be able to save us from a lot of lost opportunity.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: June 24, 2014, 09:31:12 pm »

Done.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 161