Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378003 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Hey, come on. You had no strength, no speed, no dexterity and no endurance. If that's not an invitation to be mugged for your soul, I don't know what is.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile

"Are you sure we want to go back there?  Hey- wait!" Derek says, a bit worried.  He didn't ant to meet any crazy people, but he didn't want to be left alone.  It wouldn't be nice anyway, leaving a perfectly friendly lady to wander around all by herself.  The least he could do was come along and offer some support... if he didn't get frightened off.

Derek follows Myra nervously.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"You don't have to follow me though, just stay safe. At least I know someone I can trust here." Myra said back to her companion. "I'll be testing what words are in this book from time to time."

She also looks in front of her and says "Cuidinina".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

We're just waiting on Remuthra, since he's playing the murder game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Oh, I didn't post my "dun't di" message this turn?

Dun't di.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Harpoon!
Dun't di.

[Derm Spd:5]
[Joe Spd:1+1]

[Derm Str:5-1]
[Joe Str:2-1]

[Joe End:3-1]

Derm and Joe continue their grapple, with Derm finally shoving Joe backwards hard.  Joe falls back into the spikes, and gains several new perforations in his torso.  He chokes, coughs, bleeds, and perishes.  As he fades to ash, a pinprick of light flies out and embeds itself in Derm's chest.

[Joe is dead.  Derm gains a point.]

Lummate.

"Not what I--wait, what? That was...unexpected."

Further (semi-)public science: Pioncale Ofactidio; Kiforiter.

You look into the pit.  It's deep.  There's a lot of magic to do here, so let's get cracking.

[Pot:3+1]  Nothing happens, as far as you can tell.

[Pot:1+1]  Magical ley lines attempt to form themselves over your body, but they lack the energy to finish, and fade away.  Phooey.

[Pot:6+1]  FOOOOOOSH goes the fireball that appears right in front of you.  You didn't really want those eyebrows anyway.

"~Wondrous-miracles!~"

+1 Channeling. Then do things.

[Tod Dex:1+1]
[Derm Dex:5-1]

You hustle and bustle so much to get to your target that Derm hears you coming and cleanly dodges your attack.  Oopsie.

Ofactidio Pioncale

"And something for the road..."

Terosifi

Completely ignoring the murder and attempted murder, you continue to work your magic.

[Pot:6+1]  Ley lines appear and crisscross your body with rapid speed and burst into magical energy before you can blink.  You shudder, shiver, and feel your skin hardening and your body growing colder.  Within seconds, you have been fully transformed into a man made of solid iron.  You look at yourself, then perform the stereotypical move of picking up a rock from the ground and crushing it in your hand- squeak, squeak, grind.

But you're not done yet!

[Pot:1+1]  Oh wait, maybe you are.  You get what looks like a rat's legbone.

checking out the path heading Northeast.
Derek follows Myra nervously.
She also looks in front of her and says "Cuidinina".

(In the future, please keep your actions in one post)

The two of you walk to the northeast, following the natural curve of the cavern.  This section looks much the same as the lower half, with the uneven floors and walls continuing.  You reach the eastern passage, and sure enough- it's a passage back to the room you started in.  As far as you can see, there's only one person in there now.

Myra shrugs and says her word.

[Pot:4]  A good-sized piece of rubber falls to the ground, bouncing a few times.  Hmm.

Charles appears square in the middle of the Grand Room.  He squints in the light.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit
Dermonster:  Derm - Southeast side, Spike Room (5/5 Pool) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Iron)
Tiruin:  Myra - Eastern Exit, Cavern
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - Eastern Exit, Cavern  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - Southeast side, Spike Room  (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - Center, Grand Room
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:56:51 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [I am Iron Man]
« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2013, 04:33:09 pm »

Point to strength.

"Hehehe... Power overwhelming! You wish to take me on? Already I have become half again more powerful!"

Words and actions!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:36:33 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2013, 04:33:36 pm »

Laugh from my throne in heaven.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2013, 04:55:50 pm »

Wow, piecewise could crush you guys.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2013, 05:19:51 pm »

"I AM FERROUS METAL HUMAN! Now then, lets see...I could make some crystal Nunchucks, for if I ever decide to host that Ninja's Ball. Or some hair for a new weave...ah whatever."

Ustrint
Josionp
Fluslit

If anyone looks at me funny, sweep the leg, grab head, crush like sparrow's egg.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2013, 05:25:53 pm »

"~Taking-you-on-not-strictly-required. Seemed-good-opportunity-like-filthy-cultist. Apparently-mistaken! Duel-to-death-for-relatively-high-stakes-I-assume. Or-both-walk-away? Murder-others-instead?~"

Actions!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2013, 05:52:16 pm »

"You would attempt a truce? Not likely. All shall perish by my hand. I grow tired of these constant interruptions to my research. You will die, and you shall pave the way for others to do the same."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:58:17 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2013, 05:57:14 pm »

(( Everydeath brings me closer to stealing other peoples public work, muahahahhahahah))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2013, 09:47:28 pm »

Hey! piecewise stole my spell!
Or independently had the same idea at a suspicious time. Still, I posted first, I deserve being considered the inventor!
Anyways, what happened with Lummare?

Cuidinina Kiforiter Josionp Pioncale
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2013, 09:57:02 pm »

Hey! piecewise stole my spell!
Or independently had the same idea at a suspicious time. Still, I posted first, I deserve being considered the inventor!
Anyways, what happened with Lummare?

Cuidinina Kiforiter Josionp Pioncale

Oh crap, I missed that.  Let me go edit...

Done.  Missed your flavor too.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 198