Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378224 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

((Someone should try to blackhole the eldrich abominations. It could get interesting.

Also, that was a good end for Piecewise. A battle between light and darkness, he he he. Someone should try it when we get someone very high willed. Maybe black hole + everything Bob did.))

Well, im going for will, soooo... Perhaps ill try it if i live long enough. Still, 9 points just to negate the effects of those two words is beast. 12 to have +1. 15 +2...
I guess with a focus and overdrive i could get +2 with 9 points on Will, giving fairly high chances of sucess.

Anyways, i would rather experiment with a Magic Repulsive Blackhole.
But only chance for me to get those points quick would be to kill Derm. And thats unlikely. Very. Unlikely.
Perhaps i will hug newcomers till i get the points? Think about it! Your sacrifices will bring SCIENCE!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:58:27 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

Also yeah, that light and dark thing was cool. I kinda want to try those words with a form, such as a pony or something, but since I'm doing at least the first character totally blind... Fun should happen.
((Sounds good to me.

PS: Now would finally be the time for everyone to finally team up on Derm. He no longer has a DM protecting him, after all.))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:48:57 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

Also yeah, that light and dark thing was cool. I kinda want to try those words with a form, such as a pony or something, but since I'm doing at least the first character totally blind... Fun should happen.
((Sounds good to me.

PS: Now would finally be the time for everyone to finally team up on Derm. He no longer has a DM protecting him, after all.))
Dont count on me. Even if i though there was any way to kill him on my current status, i would rather ally him. I dont do it because i know he will kill me then later. So i prefer being pragmatic to him and just dont get nor to close nor to far.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Hug me and I'll give you the self-sacrificing KISS OF DEATH. Because it's the only thing I know that scares people.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

Hug me and I'll give you the self-sacrificing KISS OF DEATH. Because it's the only thing I know that scares people.
You mean Blackhole? You dont know the word for Full Body. And also, you cant speak while you have acid inside your mouth.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh Hell]
« Reply #905 on: August 09, 2013, 05:01:33 pm »

((I really hate timezones >_>

Yay wasted turns.
Timezones are annoying. I never realized that applied to RP-light games like this one, too.
Actually I find it is more true with games like this, where turns can be thrown out at more than one a day, on the more RPy RTDs itl typically be at least 24 hours between turns, making timezones LESS of an issue, although not a non issue
Assuming that you're not RPing, of course.

"Hmm, I might as well finish off that page."
Say "Uraderke, Raveri, Qadschrona"

((Last turn was "Swinat", "Ausanolo", and "Necti"))
Can't you just post the words you're using?

Anyways. Anyone want to try [Heaven/Hell] [Material] [Item]? I think that could be a Blessed/Cursed Item, or something like that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I think he's doing that because, if he finds something really useful, like the control word, he can successfully keep it secret for a while, thus giving himself an advantage. I guess he would do the same for words like "where I'm pointing at", "enhance", "quicken" and so forth.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

[Heaven/Hell]

ROUND ONE

HEAVEN OR HELL

LET'S ROCK
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think he's doing that because, if he finds something really useful, like the control word, he can successfully keep it secret for a while, thus giving himself an advantage. I guess he would do the same for words like "where I'm pointing at", "enhance", "quicken" and so forth.
((This is correct, I PM most of the unknown words I want to test, then if they are not overly dangerous/useful I will post what I said next turn, if they are I will post them if when I die.))
Say "Venes", "Okablex", and a PM word
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:23:43 pm by Vakothu »

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

*Checks own research, then checks GWG's research.

It is a material, and I think that someone already used that combination of words before (derm, maybe)

I believe Derm used the words for black hole, sphere, glass, and propel forwards.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I used five words.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

were those four words part of it? If not then I do apologise :P

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Oh snap I'm in this!

If I'm not attacked, perform secret spell!(Go ahead and reveal any spells I cast upon turn updates.)
If I am attacked then RRRAGAGHAGHAG spell!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh Hell]
« Reply #913 on: August 10, 2013, 03:51:36 am »

((I really hate timezones >_>

Yay wasted turns.
Timezones are annoying. I never realized that applied to RP-light games like this one, too.
Actually I find it is more true with games like this, where turns can be thrown out at more than one a day, on the more RPy RTDs itl typically be at least 24 hours between turns, making timezones LESS of an issue, although not a non issue
Assuming that you're not RPing, of course.

"Hmm, I might as well finish off that page."
Say "Uraderke, Raveri, Qadschrona"

((Last turn was "Swinat", "Ausanolo", and "Necti"))

Anyways. Anyone want to try [Heaven/Hell] [Material] [Item]? I think that could be a Blessed/Cursed Item, or something like that.
Did anyone try doing that in Perplexicon?
Either ways, Blackhole weapons werent exactly sucessful.

The points you say only works when combined with others, and as far as i know, hes only using one word on each.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:53:57 am by Sarzael »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, I recall however, that in Perplexicon, [attack_material][weapon/attack/shape_type][form_material][weapon/shape_type] would allow such things to be a bit safer. If memory serves, [blackhole][propelled_sphere][clockwork][bow] resulted in Corsair's singularity armcannon in Perplexicon, perhaps something similar could be achieved? Though mind you it was never actually used so the specifics such as whether or not a strength roll is still required are unknown.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 198