Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376864 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1500 on: August 28, 2013, 03:04:02 am »

I probably will do the endgame thing I mentioned earlier (once someone hits max souls no one spawns in- if the max soul person kills everyone else they win, otherwise we resume spawning), except the proposed max (fifty) is probably a wee bit high.  What do you think is better?  Thirty to trigger endgame?  Forty?  A different endgame altogether?

By the time someone gets around 40 or so, won't they have so many stats they'll easily be able to counter and decimate everyone else easily?

I was thinking, what if at a certain number of points, say, 20, the character can transport to another arena to face a final boss NPC thats incredibly tough, and whoever is able to kill it becomes the winner?
So basically, Null.
((Presumably without him tripping over his own shoelaces...
...He's going to trip over his opponent's shoelaces isn't he?))
Yeah that part was kinda stupid, he should have flied or something, he didnt even have chance to do any roll before falling right over his sword...
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: August 28, 2013, 08:43:09 am »

Eh... not sure I like the idea of a "final boss" fight.  I'd be too cruel in my complete knowledge of the book.

(Turn coming)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: August 28, 2013, 08:44:02 am »

weew toasters on, hopefully this shit be ready yo.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1503 on: August 28, 2013, 08:45:57 am »

I already knew he was on. I stalk him. All day long.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: August 28, 2013, 08:47:36 am »

Thats.....hot.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 28, 2013, 08:48:32 am »

((Why when there are no updates Bay12 gets so...wierd?))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1506 on: August 28, 2013, 08:50:35 am »

Thats.....hot.
How you though i have been the first to post after half of the turns?

Eh... not sure I like the idea of a "final boss" fight.  I'd be too cruel in my complete knowledge of the book.

(Turn coming)
Fun fact: Null only had twenty souls. Same quantity as you, yet not you and all the other players in the game were able to beat him. Some preparation (Antimagic armor and sword, and some stats increasing tatoos), a big pool (I think it was infinite) and knowledge (He knew all the words, he was Piecewise after all) and he became so powerful that Piecewise had to kill him in the most anticlimatic way possible.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:52:41 am by Sarzael »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: August 28, 2013, 09:16:43 am »

Updatelessness leads to boredom. Boredom leads to madness(er). Madness(er) leads to weirdness. And weirdness leads to...infractions.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: August 28, 2013, 09:23:43 am »

((Only the newcomers. Back in my day, it wasn't as deviant.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: August 28, 2013, 09:35:45 am »

So what's happened since I died?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1510 on: August 28, 2013, 09:41:22 am »

So what's happened since I died?
The original 2 player battle has evolved into a five player battle, with an special invite: The magma lionbat! And i have got the wand for hmm... Since two turns after Tiruin died?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:56:21 am by Sarzael »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: August 28, 2013, 10:12:41 am »

I already knew he was on. I stalk him. All day long.

All day erry day.

Move out!
Actions changed/pmed for change in turn.
Actions!
Action Time!
PM.

[Alish Spd:5-1]
[Dave Spd:3]
[Danath Spd:4]
[Andy Spd:1-1+1]
[Ocil Spd:3+1]
[Lionbat Spd:5]

[Lionbat End:2]  The lionbat growls and slinks off to a corner.   Looks like he's giving up this fight for now.

Danath and Alish both look at the fight, shrug, and run.  Alish heads south into the Magma Room and Danath goes into the Grand Room with his arms over his head.

[Ocil Dex:6+1]
[Dave Dex:3]

[Ocil Str:3+1]
[Dave End:5]

Ocil jumps up from on top of Dave and goes for the Throatstomp Surprise.  He hits hard, but is unable to hurt Dave any.  The only effect is Ocil's leg coming in contact with Dave's electric form.

[Ocil End:4]  OW DAMMIT.  Ocil jumps back, not badly hurt but interrupted- giving Dave a chance to react.

[Dave Str:4+1]  Dave manages to stand up all that armor.  Phew.  His dreams of armlocks crushed, he goes for another grapple.

[Dave Dex:5-1]
[Ocil Dex:3+1]

[Dave Str:4+1]
[Ocil Str:3+1]

Dave is able to grapple him, but Ocil doesn't get shocked... yet.

Andy lies there and dodges attacks that never come.  He mourns his femur, snapped like a Slim Jim.

Meanwhile in the Magma Room, Alish studies the wand.  It certainly doesn't appear to be alive or anything- it certainly hasn't communicated with her.  In fact, the only interaction it seems to accept is a mental command to activate.  From her recollection, she can't recall it ever doing what she wanted it to do.

Shrugging, she points it forward and says her word.

[Pot:2+1]  A few pieces of candy appear and fall down.  Hmmm... doesn't look like the wand had any effect on the spell.

Actions.

Ooo, a whole new book!  There's MAGIC to be done!

You head toward the cavern, since you heard shouting from there and another guy just retreated out of it.  You peek your head and arm around the corner and say your words.

[Pot:2+1]  A jagged scar opens in front of you.  It cracks open into a small rift, out of which shoots a small horse... well, it's vaguely equine, at least; no horse you know of has that many teeth, or tentacles.  It shoots straight forward from your center mass, which ends up being at the wall instead of where you were pointing, twisted as you were to point around the door.

It snaps around a bit, looking for something for a few seconds before getting sucked back into the rift, which snaps shut.

Shrugging, you back away and hope no one noticed.

Brace against spikes again, say words while thinking of crystal bolts that shatter into blackholes:
"Umbulaggis Tifesslos Nunpachori Myxida."

Stupid magic, not giving you what you want.

[Pot:6+1] A large pile of crossbow bolts appear.  They have crystal shafts and jet black tips.  They look awesome, but the tips all collapse together.  It's odd- you're not sure if a point of nothingness can shatter, but the interconnection was very strange.  It still tries to eat you, though.

[Str:5-1]  "NOT TODAY, STEPHEN HAWKING!"

ACTIVATE DA LEY LINES!

Spoiler: Here be my words (click to show/hide)

Let's see what these lines do.  You activate them.

The magical lines burst into energy, and your body begins changing.  Your flesh shrinks in and hardens, while a field of magical energy surrounds you, crackling with octarine light.  Not bad, but what about more magic?

[Pot:4+1]  An odd contraption forms in front of you.  As best you can tell, it's a steel bracer with a swordblade attached,designed so you can use your arm as a sword.  Interesting.

Quote from: Players
Angle: Joseph - West Exit, Grand Room (2/4 Pool)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East side, Bottomless Pit (Body is arcane field over steel core)
Draco1234:  Danath - West Side, Grand Room  (2/4 Pool, Bronze form) (2)
Nahere: Nahere - South Center, Spike Room (Steel body)
RathofSTS:  Ocil - South of Center, Cavern (2) {Nose is broken, on Dave}
TCM:  Andy Ravage - Center, Cavern  {On ground, right upper leg is broken}
DaveTheGrave: Dave - South of Center, Cavern  (4/6 Pool, Crystal-Electric Form)  [Obsidian helmet, chestplate, and legplates  (Helmet crooked),  Force-light steel spear]  {Cracked skull}  (10)
Sarzael:  Alish - North Exit, Magma Room  (2/4 Pool, Body is arcane energy) [Wand] (2)

Alish and Danath will fully fill their pool at end of next turn if they stay out of combat.  Joseph is now in combat mode.

If you're wondering, there's a hidden roll to see if anyone grappling Dave gets zapped.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:44:46 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1512 on: August 28, 2013, 10:18:16 am »

What about my experiments? Didnt i have time or...?
Potency Focus.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: August 28, 2013, 10:20:09 am »

What about my experiments? Didnt i have time or...?
Potency Focus.

What experiments?  I never got a PM from you.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: August 28, 2013, 10:22:13 am »

Hold him against me and actions!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:49:39 pm by DaveTheGrave »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 198