Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378033 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Toofer]
« Reply #1725 on: September 09, 2013, 08:18:35 pm »

Actions dawg.

Let's see, who is closest?  Bit of a tossup, so let's ask random.org.

Random.org says Alish.

See if i can take broadsword hilt with my arcane arm.

[Xan Spd:5-1]
[Alish Spd:5-1]

Alish picks up the sword.  It feels odd, the arcane-on-arcane touch, but it looks like you can hold it safely.  As you do, Xan walks in the room, points at you, and says some words.

[Xan Pot:3+1]

Five feet in front of Xan, a gout of fire appears and burns out.  Since Alish is well out of range of the blast, it doesn't affect her at all.  Shrugging, she points the wand at Xan and says "Thaltelsho!"

[Wand:1]
[Alish End:3-1]

Alish's arms turn into rather cubic electric claws.  The electricity arcs and grounds out, leaving a rather armless and swordless Alish standing there.  Xan laughs.

FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC MURDER

But what if magic is murder?

[Pot:6+1]  A strange creature pops into being in front of you.  It looks like your stereotypical grey alien, except this one is made of dark green plastic.  It looks at you, then raises its hand to you.

[Alien Pot:3+2]
[Alien Dex:4]

[Bigf01t Dex:2]

You stand there as a bolt of magma impacts square in the middle of your chest.  The magma is exploded away, but your chest feels raw.

The alien, seeing how ineffective this was, slowly backs up.

Walk up stairs. Shout Kiforiter if attacked at whoever is attacking.

Hmmm... there's two sets of stairs.  Random.org says you take the north stairs.  You remain unattacked.

More words!

Daaammmnnn  slllooowww mmmaaaagggmmmaaa.

[Pot:6+1]  Magical ley lines quickly spread across your body before bursting into energy.

Your turn into a bilious green liquid.  Thankfully, your form remains solid.  It's tough to tell at first what this liquid is- it's not acid or anything, but it's certainly not something you want to drink.  The slowness went away with the magma, so that's a relief.

Focus spell casting!

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Touch the garage door shield and say Fioltrin Rhypenita.

You place your hand on the "shield."

[Pot:4+2]  Nothing happens.

On second though, Irros Pioncale. If I survive, murder everything.

You enact Plan Stupid.

[Pot:2+1]  The ley lines come and surround you.  They don't connect, but they do activate.

[Will:3-3]

"GHAAAAAAAAARGH!"

A jagged black scar forms on your chest, and cracks open.  Multiple tentacles reach out and grab you, while a larger central one lashes out and jams itself into your throat, pumping a viscous liquid into your stomach.  You feel your body twist and deform, as extra eyes form and deform, rolling around and sinking back into your skin.  The fingers on your left hand fall off, and your arm becomes more like a tentacle.  Your right arm grows longer and thinner, while your legs become digitigrade.  Your back humps, and you hunch over.  The tentacles release you and suck back into your chest, but the jagged scar remains.

[End:3-1]  You collapse on the ground, panting.  Strange voices- more primitive urges, really- enter your head, demanding you get up and kill everyone.

Quote from: Players
Angle: Joseph - West side of Ledge, Grand Room (4 Pool, Form of Corruption)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East side, Bottomless Pit (1/3 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core)
Xantalos:  Xantalos - West exit, Bottomless Pit (5/6 Pool, Ley lines covering head)
Tavik Toth:  Merkan - North Ledge, Grand Room (1 Pool)
RathofSTS:  Ocil - South side, Cavern (3 Pool, Pot Focus) {Nose is broken, upper right arm is injured} [Force-light steel spear] (13)
Hapah:  Hapah - East Ledge, Grand Room (2 Pool)
Harry Baldman:  Tod-6 - West Edge, Grand Room (Body is greenish liquid)
Sarzael:  Alish - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (2/5 Pool, No arms) [Wand] (4)

Bet no one saw that coming.

The lionbat has retreated to the corner again.  The candy piglet is eating the candy, still.  The plastic alien is looking at Bigf01t.  The crystal cow herd is still standing around.  That's all I can remember.  (No one can see what the steel moose is up to.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: September 09, 2013, 08:44:09 pm »

Probably plotting its next murder, hoping to gain a single point of Pool. And some vocal cords. It will harvest the vocal cords and souls of its victims until it is a giant steel moose that can cast magic. Of death.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1727 on: September 09, 2013, 09:21:49 pm »

Get Up and Kill Everyone.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: September 09, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »

[Pot:6+1]  A strange creature pops into being in front of you.  It looks like your stereotypical grey alien, except this one is made of dark green plastic.  It looks at you, then raises its hand to you.
You stand there as a bolt of magma impacts square in the middle of your chest.  The magma is exploded away, but your chest feels raw.
*A wide grin slowly forms on my arcane face*
"Mwa. Ha. HAHAHa."
"I shall call you Little Green!"
Ignoring the creatures demands to be called Dende:
Demand the little creature is to fight with me, or die. If it tries ANYTHING but agreeing...
SEND IT INTO THE PIT
((Woo! First magical minion summon! All I need is the word for control and... well ;D
BTW Toaster, did it speak words? I should have heard them if it did. I hope it didn't..! 8)))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1729 on: September 10, 2013, 07:26:50 am »

Sigh. Wait to see if someone goes out of the room, if someone stays, do Actions.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:32:56 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: September 10, 2013, 07:51:43 am »

"~No-trouble-please-crazy-guy-maybe?~"

Do things!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:11:51 am by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: September 10, 2013, 10:45:05 am »

shout Echapl at tentacle dude.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: September 10, 2013, 10:51:51 am »

Get Up and Kill Everyone.
((If your corruption's desires are perfectly in line with yours, are you still getting corrupted?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: September 10, 2013, 01:29:54 pm »

The expected!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: September 10, 2013, 01:46:47 pm »

Josionp Hisha again!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1735 on: September 10, 2013, 01:51:15 pm »

"Mwa. Ha. HAHAHa."
Demand the little creature is to fight with me, or die. If it tries ANYTHING but agreeing...
SEND IT INTO THE PIT
((Woo! First magical minion summon! All I need is the word for control and... well ;D
BTW Toaster, did it speak words? I should have heard them if it did. I hope it didn't..! 8)))
And what if i tell the alien YOUR WEAKNESS? Arcane force has various weakness, one being superior to all the others!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: September 10, 2013, 09:15:53 pm »

-SNIP!-
"Mwa. Ha. HAHAHa."
SEND IT INTO THE PIT
And what if i tell the alien YOUR WEAKNESS? Arcane force has various weakness, one being superior to all the others!
If you say "BlackHole", Imma find you, and Imma slap you. :P Actually no, do tell. I'm curious now! (Just leave Little Green out of the loop ;D)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1737 on: September 11, 2013, 02:45:37 am »

-SNIP!-
"Mwa. Ha. HAHAHa."
SEND IT INTO THE PIT
If you say "BlackHole", Imma find you, and Imma slap you. :P Actually no, do tell. I'm curious now! (Just leave Little Green out of the loop ;D)
Actually, its quicksilver. It works as a mirror and reflects arcane energies.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: September 11, 2013, 07:04:26 pm »

Shout into the empty cavern Toussmism Josionp Pioncale!

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: September 11, 2013, 10:54:58 pm »

-SNIP!-
-SNiPs-
-snip-
Actually, its quicksilver. It works as a mirror and reflects arcane energies.
Huh.
((Yup. One word post, sortof))
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 198