Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376840 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Toofer]
« Reply #1755 on: September 14, 2013, 10:14:21 am »

((Maybe corruption works based on what you're corrupted with? Like, if you want to do evil and you're evil-corrupted, that's nothing, but say you're corrupted with the holy element. You have to resist to do something unjust, like attack unprovoked or defend people.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 14, 2013, 10:54:50 am »

Shouldn't I get a moving rift?

Just gonna pop in to answer this.  I used that spell back right before I got killed, and it launched a irros... thing from a rift.  IIRC it just shattered uselessly against my enemy's armor.  So in this case, I would suggest you go with irros said alone, twice.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 14, 2013, 10:47:06 pm »

Even better, Irros X2 then immediate running away.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 14, 2013, 11:32:41 pm »

((Has anyone tried Irros Myxida yet, and would it even be possible?

What I'd like to see is Hell, followed by Black Hole. The black hole is going to begin sucking in the tentacles, which will get ripped off as the rift closes. And then you've got yourself some tentacles you can wave around!))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:45:49 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1759 on: September 15, 2013, 03:33:51 am »

((Has anyone tried Irros Myxida yet, and would it even be possible?

What I'd like to see is Hell, followed by Black Hole. The black hole is going to begin sucking in the tentacles, which will get ripped off as the rift closes. And then you've got yourself some tentacles you can wave around!))
Irros Myxida would create a rift which spits a otherwordly blackhole.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1761 on: September 15, 2013, 03:18:42 pm »

So it would be tentaclefication instead of spaghettification?

I shudder to think how it would differ.
Otherwordly stuff usually requires an additional will roll to see if it eats your mind.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 15, 2013, 08:11:59 pm »

Many blackholes didnt work. Well, The End.
I THINK IT IS TIME TO "TIDY UP". SCIENCE TEH GREEN MOFOS.
I put done action thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

[Alish Spd:3]
[Bigf01t Spd:1-1]
[Xan Spd:2-1]
[Alien1 Spd:1]
[Alien2 Spd:3]

The second alien points away from Bigf01t.  The other looks at him for a moment, then the second one runs past Xan to the west.

Alish, channelling into speed, pushes past it and charges right at Bigf01t.  Seeing the move, he goes to intercept her with his arcane self.

[Alish Dex:6]
[Bigf01t Dex:5]

Alish charges right into Bigf01t.  Turns out trying to grapple a guy made of force that explodes you doesn't work.  The original alien remains expressionless as it is coated in gibs, but it does turn to run.

[Alish is dead.  Bigf01t gains four points.]

Xan reacts as the original alien tries to run past him.

[Xantalos Pot:5+1]  Xan's left arm starts glowing.  The alien slips past easily toward its cohort.

Bigf01t growls, pointing at Xan.

[Bigf01t Pot:3+1]

[Bigf01t Dex:3-1]
[Xan Dex:1-1]

[Xan Str:1-1]

Bigf01t fires a stream of a half dozen points of nothingness straight forward, aimed poorly at Xan.  It would have missed him, but Xan dodges right into one.  It hits his arm and activates, sucking first Xan's arm in, then his whole body.

[Xan is dead.  Bigf01t gains one point.]

Shout Pumat.
Reply with Irros Enur Irros, then grapple if necessary.
Quote from: Hapah
(I didn't post but I did PM!)

[Merkan Spd:6-1]
[Joseph Spd:2]
[Hapah Spd:6-1]

Merkan and Hapah both shout spells out at the crazy twisted man.

[Merkan Pot:2]
[Hapah Pot:1+2]

[Hapah Dex:5-1]
[Joseph Dex:1]

[Joseph End:6]

Merkan gets a tiny golden circle that emits what sounds like angry chanting for a few seconds.  Hapah conjures a small glob of magma, which shoots straight forward and catches Joseph in the chest.  He shrieks in pain as the magma cools, solidifying onto his chest.

The pain doesn't stop him from getting out a spell.

[Joseph Pot:4+1]

[Merkan Dex:1]
[Merkan End:1]

Joseph screams in joy as the jagged scar opens beside Merkan.  Several tentacles lash out, grabbing Merkan around both legs and an arm.  He has just enough time to scream in terror before he is dragged into the rift, which closes behind him.

[Merkan is dead.  Joseph gains a point.]

[?:5]  The magic starts to fade from Joseph's form, but some strange energy pumps back into it, keeping it alive.

Activate lines.
Say words.

Leave conditionally!

[Ocil Spd:5+1]
[Tod Spd:1]

Ocil activates the ley lines covering his body.  His body turns into electricity arcing around a steel skeleton.  Pretty metal.  He even gets off some science to go with.

[Ocil Pot:2+1]  About a half gallon or so of blood appears and falls to the ground.  Splat.

Tod faces Ocil, focuses on his aim, and rips off a spell.

[Tod Pot:6+1]

[Tod Dex:3]
[Ocil Dex:1+2]

Octarine light gathers in a circle around Tod's outstreched hand, focuses inward, then shoots straight forward in a beam several feet wide.  It isn't straight, but it's close enough.  Ocil's entire midsection is obliterated, as well as decent-sized chunk of wall on the far side of the cavern.

A large ball of light goes into Tod's chest.

[Ocil is dead.  Tod gains 14 points.]

Clair and Science Man spawn in on opposite sides of the Spike Room.  Clair clings on to her bear while Science Man adjusted his suit.  They both look in wonder at the massive steel moose that's grazing on steel spikes.

[Unmade Character by The Ensorceler] and Jabon spawn in near each other in the southern half of the Grand Room.  The former hovers in mystery while the latter scratches at his beard.

Quote from: Players
Angle: Joseph - North ledge, Grand Room (4/4 Pool, Form of Corruption) (2)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (1/3 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - West side, Spike Room (6 Pool)
The Ensorceler:  ??? - Southeast side, Grand Room (?? Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon - Southwest side, Grand Room (3 Pool)
Hapah:  Hapah - East ledge, Grand Room (1/2 Pool)
Harry Baldman:  Tod-6 - South of center, Cavern (1/3 Pool, Body is greenish liquid) (14)
Scapheap: Clair - East side, Spike Room (3 Pool)

Well, that was a seriously bloody turn.   Too bad Xan never activated the ley lines on his head- I would have laughed.

Defiatos:  He hasn't logged in to the forum in over a week.  I skipped him for now, but he remains first in the waitlist.  If you're just lurking, delurk and let me know you're still around.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:56:08 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #1763 on: September 15, 2013, 08:15:14 pm »

((Yes! Now let me check my word document...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 15, 2013, 08:15:59 pm »

Goddamn. Well that was short.
Also I'm not even making an attempt to understand any of the words. Just blurbling them out.
Waitlist same guy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 15, 2013, 08:18:30 pm »

Thus, an era ends and a new one begins, as goes the cycle.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 15, 2013, 08:24:44 pm »

"What ho! Greetings, fair maiden! I will now attempt SCIENCE to amaze you!

"Colatica Esperseli Podoinde! You have a gift!
"Ixiestell Ridenetali Ousne! And now a fair pet for thee!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: September 15, 2013, 08:28:52 pm »

Only a few more...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1768 on: September 15, 2013, 08:34:25 pm »

Point in pool. Irros Fircerain, then use my new whip to kill that other dude who attacked me.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 198