Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376890 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Arm-Based Victory Dance]
« Reply #2610 on: October 23, 2013, 08:27:10 pm »

That's actually how it's written, but in reality I haven't done it.  Vacuum, sure, but there are several ways to mitigate its risks.

Especially one no one has figured out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: October 23, 2013, 08:55:01 pm »

((I'm surprised by the insistence of TCM on physical characters despite the advanced state of the game))

((Cuz' why not?))
((If you prey on defenseless mages like KHH's character, the it's ok, for a while. But if you don't get points to spend in magic quickly, you will soon be overpowered by anyone who knows the word for arcane, which is, incidentally, everybody.))
can someone tell me what it is
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: October 23, 2013, 09:14:08 pm »

Grab floatyguards. Don floatyguards.

Component one, done. Luckily, nothing's come out of left field to destroy me and everything I love with dark, eldritch, suggestively-shaped tentacle appendages yet.

If I remember correctly...
Puefixtr Wighthill Fluslit ...
... while imagining armor similar to what I've made earlier, with one leg bearing a large shield that protects me when I crouch, rectangular in shape so that I can still run without banging my legs together.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: October 23, 2013, 11:51:08 pm »

Kill the crazy basted bash his head in with the brick and shout Word
Grab this guy by the throat and chokeslam him, then stomp the shit outta' him.
Fire breath both of them!
Try to hit mostly TCM, as killerhellhound tried to ally with me earlier.
Then pick up my fire scythe and throw it at them with my remaining arm before it burns off!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: October 24, 2013, 05:30:48 am »

That's actually how it's written, but in reality I haven't done it.  Vacuum, sure, but there are several ways to mitigate its risks.

There was a problem in the original Perplexicon with the whole arcane body thing, which is that stepping on the floor while being made of it did not cause the floor to explode violently, which was handwaved away, while being made of that Conth stuff - antimatter or whatever - instantly killed you upon contact with the ground due to you exploding.

Maybe remove the handwave for arcane in this matter? Or maybe whenever it explodes something, it becomes spent and disappears? Otherwise the result is that the arcane element somehow has infinite energy. Not to mention that I haven't seen it stated that, say, an arcane spear that hits somebody just keeps on flying through in a straight line.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2615 on: October 24, 2013, 06:27:18 am »

((Which could be Quicksilver+3 or Liquid Silver+2. Which means that Sar's idea wouldn't have worked.))
If you look at the details, you can estimate about how much words it had, shape, targeting, stuff.

Someone just make an arcane brick and pour quicksilver on it. And then make... I dunno, a tiny werewolf out of cheese.
Fact: it can be stated that any person that is not me doesn't know the word for quicksilver.
I actually do.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: October 24, 2013, 07:59:05 am »

((Which could be Quicksilver+3 or Liquid Silver+2. Which means that Sar's idea wouldn't have worked.))
If you look at the details, you can estimate about how much words it had, shape, targeting, stuff.

Someone just make an arcane brick and pour quicksilver on it. And then make... I dunno, a tiny werewolf out of cheese.
Fact: it can be stated that any person that is not me doesn't know the word for quicksilver.
I actually do.
I would like to hear which one do you think it is, then.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2617 on: October 24, 2013, 08:30:42 am »

I actually do.
Since i cant know wether you used Liquid Silver or Quicksilver thats no option :P
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: October 24, 2013, 08:58:23 am »

I actually do.
Since i cant know wether you used Liquid Silver or Quicksilver thats no option :P
Then you stating that you know it has no proof whatsoever.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: October 24, 2013, 09:52:04 am »

Ayup.

[insert Creationist joke here]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: October 24, 2013, 11:39:35 am »

Or maybe whenever it explodes something, it becomes spent and disappears?

This is actually the case, but no person has exploded enough stuff to seriously impair him/herself.

[insert Creationist joke here]

Not in my thread, please.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: October 24, 2013, 12:00:47 pm »

Or maybe whenever it explodes something, it becomes spent and disappears?

This is actually the case, but no person has exploded enough stuff to seriously impair him/herself.

I have (-_-') My own chest for example. I was lucky enough to escape with a one-time pain/endurance roll, but it IS hardier than flesh! ;D
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: October 25, 2013, 11:06:29 am »

I realize I'm being slack on this.  I'll try to have a turn out later today.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 01, 2013, 08:36:13 pm »

I think this thread has gone into cardiac arrest....

CLEAR.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 01, 2013, 08:40:23 pm »

I know I'm way behind on this, and I'm sorry.  I haven't forgotten about it.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 198