Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378325 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Arm-Based Victory Dance]
« Reply #2745 on: December 16, 2013, 06:24:30 pm »

Fresh game i suppose, i dont wanna be the cripple when we get an influx of new players.

If I understand the situation correctly, there will only be one new player, to replace Tomcost.  There'll only be more players if the game is fresh.

I'm only joining if the game is fresh.  Punchface team must become a reality.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 16, 2013, 06:29:12 pm »

Fresh game i suppose, i dont wanna be the cripple when we get an influx of new players.

If I understand the situation correctly, there will only be one new player, to replace Tomcost.  There'll only be more players if the game is fresh.

I'm only joining if the game is fresh.  Punchface team must become a reality.
Plus replacements for those who werent responding for various reasons.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: December 16, 2013, 06:33:25 pm »

There is one or two of those. Anyway, Unholy Pariah is made of arcane energy, so there wouldn't be much problem with a newbie getting in and trying to kill him. The problem would be Bigfoot, but he was pretty concentrated in science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: December 16, 2013, 06:34:31 pm »

I could go either way. The only reason I'd want a new game is so I could be in right away, and the only reason I'd want to keep the old one would be to maybe keep using my old wordlist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: December 16, 2013, 06:45:22 pm »

I have to give up my murdersuit, and I had such good rolls on that...

Oh well.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: December 17, 2013, 02:27:25 am »

A fresh game would be fine.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
If we only get 9 points to start then -1 from Will.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: December 17, 2013, 02:34:59 am »

Perplexicon: Eat Fresh
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: December 17, 2013, 09:36:07 am »

If we do a new game, character generation will be the same. The changes will be done to the arena, the worlist and maybe some mechanics.

Anyway, the players who want a new game (the ones that were not in the waitlist):
-Mastahcheese
-Vakothu
-TCM
-Unholy

Well, ths is enough concensus for a new game. This means that Toaster is free to do the final duel while I figure out how will I make the arena and a new wordlist. Hmm, unfortunately I need part of Toaster's wordlist to make mine, but I will figure out what to do meanwhile.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: December 17, 2013, 10:39:15 am »

Do you need mine specifically?  The original book is out there and available.

That said, I will post mine once the Final Duel is over.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: December 17, 2013, 10:56:28 am »

No, I don't need it, but I want to know some specific things, like the different triggering effects used in the fogs. I can still wait, as it will not be a specific part of my new wordlist, which I have already started.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: December 17, 2013, 11:31:15 am »

A voice echoes in the arena.

"The one who survives this final fight will be raised as a champion!"

All the summoned animals besides the magma bull on the bridge and the giant steel moose in the spike room suddenly vanish.

DON HEAVY LEGS.

So, I may not be too quick in combat, but I should be able to block any high strikes with these gauntlets. My chainsword has reach, and might be able to strip others of their weapons... Hmm.

Walk into a new room, preferably one with people in it.

Abcolosan Kiallum Duablam.
Thinking of an incredibly sharp obsidian V, imagine it now weightless. Then imagine it ripping into flesh of anyone foolish enough to immediately declare an attack.

You put the legplates on.  If you squat down just right you can hide behind them.  Did I mention they were heavy?  Because you're not running anywhere in these.

You thud over to the Grand Room entrance and cast your spell.

[Pot:1]
[End:6-1]

Your left pinky turns into an obsidian boomerang.  Dammit.

More untested but hopefully helpful words.

[Pot:2+1]  You get a cloth staff that's about a foot and a half long and as thick as your pinky.

This magic stuff hates you, doesn't it?

Probably undodgeable spell!

You face the bull and let loose your magic.

[Jabon Pot:2+2]

[Jabon Dex:2+2]
[Bull Dex:6]

[Bull Dex:1]

A wall of arcane energy forms before Jabon.  It hovers before him for a moment before shooting straight forward at the bull.  The bull sees it coming and preternaturally dodges backwards... stepping back over the ledge.  It lands on his stomach, hooves scrabbling for purchase.  It fails to find any, and topples backwards over the edge, bellowing madly as it falls into the void.

Good enough!

science.

Hmm... there's no unusual changes to them, besides them not being a sword any more.  They act just like you would think wings of arcane energy would.

You set them aside and say your words.

[Pot:3+1+1]  A big, hairy, mean-looking werewolf comes into being.  It looks around with a cunning eye, sniffing the air.

"Hey buddy, could you take a few steps to the side?"

It ignores you.

Roast them both!
ACTION TIME!
Break away from the crazy and get some distance  before word

[Cromwellius Spd:5]
[Zubaz Spd:1]
[Mark Spd:4-1]

The man-dragon lets loose before the other two can move.

[Cromwellius Breath:3]

[Zubaz Dex:6+1+2]
[Mark Dex:1]

Zubaz flings himself away, rolling hard in the dirt and ending up face down.  Mark just stands there and watches the pretty flame as it wreaths around him.  The flame doesn't hurt him too badly, but his shirt is now on fire.

Ignoring this for the moment, Mark shouts a word at the fallen Zubaz.

[Mark Pot:1+1]  A few sparks of flame appear before him.  Pretty!

Field-test, the HAMMER.

Well, that's one way to unbull.  You give Jabon the thumbs-up.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - East exit, Spike Room (3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) [Arcane wings] {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it, Right leg gone, Lower abdomen is gouged} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Spike Room (2/6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Arcane Helmet, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow "Compensation Launcher"] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - Center, Grand Room (1 Pool)  {A bit burned, shirt is on fire}
TCM: Zubaz - Center, Grand Room (0 Pool)  {Face down on ground}
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Spike Room (1/6 Pool, Body is air) (22)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (3 Pool, body is cloth)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding, legs are inert cloth, left arm is inert cloth} (2)
Tsuchigumo550: Derya Shirazi - West Door, Grand Room (3 Pool) [Steel Arm Floaties, Silver Mobile Cover Pants]
mastahcheese: Cromwellius The Second - North of Center, Grand Room (3 Pool, right leg is gone, right hand is gone, skin is scaly, Is a fire drake)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: December 17, 2013, 11:41:36 am »

That's definitely a bad situation for me. Hmm.

PMed turn.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [The Final Battle]
« Reply #2757 on: December 17, 2013, 11:53:51 am »

...Implying the occasional good situation?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: December 17, 2013, 11:56:34 am »

I'm talking about a 1 pool situation. That's bad for me. Well, for any character that relies on a +2 pot roll to kill stuff.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: December 17, 2013, 04:28:31 pm »

Attempt to use chainsword to remove obsidipinky, then prepare to use it for it's intended purpose.

Find the nearest player, and challenge them to a duel.

"Accept, and I will use no magic if you use no transformations."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 198