Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 134312 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 33 - The Hundred Tombs
« Reply #645 on: January 31, 2014, 06:55:57 am »

I've noticed every time a fight happens, it's always one balls out move that put at least one person in danger that finishes the fight, how badass is that?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 31, 2014, 07:18:03 am »

Despite the fact that death was undeniably snuggling up to him and demanding a nice, long kiss on the lips after a hard day's work, Lyu couldn't help but keep on smiling widely underneath the rubble. The pain was quite excruciating, and he might not survive if he is not immediately helped in some way, and yet he was filled with such supreme happiness. What a worthless bag of wind that demon was. To see the moment of complete, utterly undignified panic in the thing's eyes... that was quite possibly the most priceless sensation Lyu had ever had. If he was to die now, that was surely a wonderful image to die to. That and the scream it made when its hand was torn off by the staff. It was, literally, the stuff of dreams for him.

It was also rather pleasant to know that, no matter how much peril he may have ever found himself in, the greatest danger to his continued safety was always going to be the presence of his teammates in the area. Thinking about it, Lyu just had to laugh. And he did. It was a pretty long laugh, in fact.

Laugh heartily. Try to resist being crushed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:40:14 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2014, 08:16:39 am »

YEEES!
I mean, OOOW!
Also...not sure if I proved my point, or his.

Also:
"Bah, I've caught fish more fiercesome than you!" you howl as he leaps for you. You’re about to roll out of the way, but suddenly Lyu is there. Their little scrap is over in an instant and Vanda is about to blow Lyu’s head off. You recognise the
What does he...recognise?

And uh, sorry Harry. But hey, I notice that my new status has absolutely no penalty to magical actions!
Try to lie in a comfortable position without straining anything.
Use earth magic to try and manipulate the rubble off of Lyu.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 31, 2014, 08:20:00 am »

"Bah, I've caught fish more fiercesome than you!" you howl as he leaps for you. You’re about to roll out of the way, but suddenly Lyu is there. Their little scrap is over in an instant and Vanda is about to blow Lyu’s head off. You recognise the

Oops. Artifact from a prior draft. Fixed now.

Quote from: GreatWyrmGold
And uh, sorry Harry. But hey, I notice that my new status has absolutely no penalty to magical actions!
Except, apparently, for a lack of pattern recognition.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 31, 2014, 08:22:56 am »

((You know I didn't notice this before, but both our mages take penalties due to temperature. I take penalties in the cold, and Ekoka takes them in the heat.
Weird. Also, I take it once you guys save and/or watch Lyu die you'll come to help me right? RIIIIGHT?))

Be vewy vewy quiet. They're hunting cripples!

I.E. STEALTHYNESS

YEEES!
I mean, OOOW!
Also...not sure if I proved my point, or his.

Also:

Try to lie in a comfortable position without straining anything.
Use earth magic to try and manipulate the rubble off of Lyu.
((I think despite your lack of training in it, your action would be better spent preparing/casting a healing spell. I'm pretty sure that's the only real option for him to not die at this point.
Let the others dig him out, then hopefully you can not suck enough to keep him stable.
Then maybe have Baldur and Felice come bail me out and I can come heal him better.
PLANNING))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 31, 2014, 08:27:12 am »

((I think despite your lack of training in it, your action would be better spent preparing/casting a healing spell. I'm pretty sure that's the only real option for him to not die at this point.
Let the others dig him out, then hopefully you can not suck enough to keep him stable.
Then maybe have Baldur and Felice come bail me out and I can come heal him better.
PLANNING))

((Ahem.))

Lyu currently has one turn to live. You guys have to dig him out. Unfortunately, he also has been wounded and that will require treatment; it’s not life-threatening, but there is a chance he may lose a limb.

((Yes?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 31, 2014, 08:28:19 am »

Quote from: GreatWyrmGold
Except, apparently, for a lack of pattern recognition.
He does not have poor pattern recognition! He's just a bit reckless. And sometimes short-tempered when people insult him.

PLANNING))
((Can't really move, or shouldn't at least. Maybe if others had actions to A. dig him out and B. get him over to me...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 31, 2014, 08:32:24 am »

PLANNING))

((Ahem.))

Lyu currently has one turn to live. You guys have to dig him out. Unfortunately, he also has been wounded and that will require treatment; it’s not life-threatening, but there is a chance he may lose a limb.
((He's saying you die if they don't fix you up this turn...or maybe they can dig you out this turn and heal you next turn?? That parts kinda vague, but he means ON TOP OF THAT, *IF* they fix you up to "not bleeding out" levels, you'll still probably end up short some parts))

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 31, 2014, 08:35:07 am »

((He's saying you die if they don't fix you up this turn...or maybe they can dig you out this turn and heal you next turn?? That parts kinda vague, but he means ON TOP OF THAT, *IF* they fix you up to "not bleeding out" levels, you'll still probably end up short some parts))

((I believe what is meant is that I will be crushed to death if I am not immediately dug out - I am wounded, but not crushed yet, and if I am not dug out, I will be. Head crushed into goo and all that. Hence why the status says 'being crushed by a rock' and 'entombed in rubble' rather than 'a whole lot of broken bones and massive internal injuries'.))
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:39:01 am by Harry Baldman »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 31, 2014, 08:51:54 am »

((I believe what is meant is that I will be crushed to death if I am not immediately dug out - I am wounded, but not crushed yet, and if I am not dug out, I will be. Head crushed into goo and all that. Hence why the status says 'being crushed by a rock' and 'entombed in rubble' rather than 'a whole lot of broken bones and massive internal injuries'.))

((Hmm...looking it over that does make sense. Though I suppose it requires GM clarification before we can say anything for sure.

On a different note, I just got an absurd image in my head of them digging you out and finding you somehow completely looted Cyrus' corpse while down there, even though said corpse is presumably across the room.))
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:53:42 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 31, 2014, 09:03:26 am »

((I think it has at least as much to do with suffocation as anything.))
Sig

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 31, 2014, 09:05:10 am »

GM CLARIFICATION AHOY!

Lyu will die if they fail to dig him out. He'll suffocate and be squished into Yagalian pancakes. If they DO manage to, then I roll a dice to find out how badly he's injured. Nothing life-threatening, but multiple broken bones is almost certain unless he gets really lucky on his dice rolls. Now, if it was Felice I wouldn't worry a bit; man's luckier than a four-leafed clover made out of rabbits' feet.

Also, Cyrus' corpse isn't so much 'across the room' as it is 'spread evenly in a fine dust across the better part of the village'. He did get knifed with iron and explode, after all. Vanda, on the other hand, probably only has more of those crystals and maybe some pants.

You're not going to take the dead dude's pants, are you? Please don't.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 31, 2014, 09:07:08 am »

Mm, pancakes.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 31, 2014, 09:13:00 am »

You're not going to take the dead dude's pants, are you? Please don't.

((Hey, he stole them from humanity, and we're stealing them back.

Also, is the Limerete body left behind also seven feet tall and built like a gorilla?))

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 31, 2014, 10:37:14 am »

((Hey, he stole them from humanity, and we're stealing them back.

Also, is the Limerete body left behind also seven feet tall and built like a gorilla?))

I don't know. You guys should probably take a closer look and find out. Baldur shivved him and all, but I imagine everyone's a little too busy digging you out of your pre-emptive grave to find out.

Really, please don't take his pants. If I have to write about the demon's... appendage as well as the mayor's gigantic green one I'll be a little put out with you lot.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 74