Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169432 times)

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1050 on: February 02, 2014, 12:02:56 pm »

- Just set the necroshrine up make body stockpile near it, when your lock die, use random skeleton with prayer labor to resurrect him. And make sure you do that before he begin to rot :P

- You can turn rendermax on at GUI, it will make nighttime and cave dark without light source. But not effect any game mechanic yet.

- In vanilla it is purple "I"

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 02, 2014, 12:23:14 pm »

Is there any way to appoint a constructed skeleton to a noble? I did the masterwork thing and successfully created a squad of skeletons, but for some reason I still am only able to promote the migrant skeletons to Crypt Lord.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1052 on: February 02, 2014, 12:30:29 pm »

Unfortunately not yet. Needs more dfhack magic, which doesnt exist yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 02, 2014, 12:40:27 pm »

- Just set the necroshrine up make body stockpile near it, when your lock die, use random skeleton with prayer labor to resurrect him. And make sure you do that before he begin to rot :P

- You can turn rendermax on at GUI, it will make nighttime and cave dark without light source. But not effect any game mechanic yet.

Thank you! Found a Warlock Tower now. :D

That covers resurrection then, but what about getting a compeltely _new_ lock? Do they migrate or is there a way to train one?
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 02, 2014, 01:38:12 pm »

Thank you! Found a Warlock Tower now. :D

That covers resurrection then, but what about getting a compeltely _new_ lock? Do they migrate or is there a way to train one?

If you get your two migrant waves and still don't have enough warlocks, you can just abandon and reclaim.

Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Three Blind Mice running on a keyboard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 02, 2014, 08:21:12 pm »

The Warlocks are fairly easy to play, having undead, horribly evil spells and tough minions at their command, as well as the ability to simply make new minions (The skellies and Ghouls) to balance this, and because it is thematically awesome, there are are no more migrants, no civilisation to call new members from.

There is just your small number of warlocks, your skeleton marrying, undead creating, spell obsessed neurotic warlocks.

Plus maybe a vampire or two to eat them. I mean, drink blood out of barrels.

Yep. Never drink from your endangered, valuable and rare warlocks.

So no, there is no "get more warlocks" function after the two migrant waves, and the point is to safeguard them at all costs, as the minions are all expendable. Warlocks (and those filthy leeches I suppose) are not.
RegalDoom! The Little Warlock Who Could!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137494.0

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 03, 2014, 12:59:41 am »

The Warlocks are fairly easy to play, having undead, horribly evil spells and tough minions at their command, as well as the ability to simply make new minions (The skellies and Ghouls) to balance this, and because it is thematically awesome, there are are no more migrants, no civilisation to call new members from.

There is just your small number of warlocks, your skeleton marrying, undead creating, spell obsessed neurotic warlocks.

Plus maybe a vampire or two to eat them. I mean, drink blood out of barrels.

Yep. Never drink from your endangered, valuable and rare warlocks.

So no, there is no "get more warlocks" function after the two migrant waves, and the point is to safeguard them at all costs, as the minions are all expendable. Warlocks (and those filthy leeches I suppose) are not.

Ah! I wasnt aware that there are two migrant waves. Im totally fine with a low Warlock-count, but it seemed odd to only have _one_ when you get unlucky on embarking.

EDIT:

Also, is there a recommended Tileset? I usually try Phoebus or Ironhand, but im unsure if the Warlocks and their minions have Graphics in those.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:23:35 am by Stuebi »
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1057 on: February 03, 2014, 02:46:16 am »

default tileset is recommended. The creatures look the same across all tilesets, but the buildings look a lot better with the default MDF sets.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 03, 2014, 06:58:27 am »

Just a quick question: What is the most "Evil" evil biome?
Oh and where can i grow my evil plants? I tried on a haunted one but it dint work.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 03, 2014, 07:16:07 am »

oh yeah I remember I drew some Warlock fanart. back when I got the news of my battle warlock and ghoul lord got married.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1061 on: February 03, 2014, 07:33:59 am »

terrifying>haunted>sinister

Technically a biome is either evil, neutral, or good.  Further modifications are based on savagery.

Sinister: Evil/Calm
Haunted: Evil/Wilderness
Terrifying: Evil/Untamed Wilds

But practically, terrifying biomes are the most dangerous.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 03, 2014, 08:21:47 am »

terrifying>haunted>sinister

Technically a biome is either evil, neutral, or good.  Further modifications are based on savagery.

Sinister: Evil/Calm
Haunted: Evil/Wilderness
Terrifying: Evil/Untamed Wilds

But practically, terrifying biomes are the most dangerous.
Good Evil

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 03, 2014, 08:41:37 am »

Anyone else been having trouble with Meat in Barrels? For example trying to extract Blood or summon a Ghoul using the Graveyard. The Meat isnt useable until i remove it from a Barrel, i had to make a specific Meat stockpile and set Barrels to 0.

I also had some problems assigning my Crypt Lord. At Embark i had a Dreadnought Skeleton, which as i understand it is pretty damn awesome. When i Embarked i quickly set him as my Crypt Lord and gave him a nice Tomb, but eventually i noticed his status had been stripped. I tried to reassign him, but he would not show up in the Noble selection screen.

Havent played a massive amount, but so far its been interesting. Although i cannot say i agree with building a Dungeon. Id think id rather build an awesome black castle with the unlimited supply of blocks from the Ethereal Gate. Also Ghouls are amazing. I had 3 annoying Leprechauns harassing my people, so i assigned a single Ghoul to kill them. He proceeded to run them down and literally bite their heads off. I was surprised at his speed. Leprechauns are not exactly slow moving creatures.

Is there any way to get the special arrow types? Id like to make some stronger arrows for hunting. Normal Wooden just dont cut it and i need dem soulz.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 03, 2014, 09:27:32 am »

So m i suppose to be able to find 4 Bloods Of Armok fairly close together at lvl 10?

Edit: Is limestone or granite magmaproof?
Edit 2: Magma well dosent work. It eats the gem (for the trap one) but nothing happens. The normal ,free, reactions dont work either.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:56:26 am by Jaso11111 »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 110